Home General Discussion

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Kregan072Kregan072 Posts: 1

Hello all new to forum. Been smoking for several years. Looking for some pros and cons. I'm looking to get a coolidor like the audew. I use bovada pack now in tubbadors. Anybody use a cigar oasis I'm them

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kregan072 said:
    Hello all new to forum. Been smoking for several years. Looking for some pros and cons. I'm looking to get a coolidor like the audew. I use bovada pack now in tubbadors. Anybody use a cigar oasis I'm them

Welcome @Kregan072. When you said pros and cons, we have professional smokers like @Yakster and convicts @VegasFrank, so take your pick. Lol.

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

How do I get dragged into these things?

Don't look ↑

Welcome @Kregan072

Smoke whatever @Usaf06 smokes, and don't subscribe to the digital herf on youtube because that guy will literally make you dumber.

Don't look ↑
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    How do I get dragged into these things?

Have to admit it was funny, lol.

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Don66Don66 Posts: 8

Hi! New to cigars. Got my first (already too small) cheap humidor and looking for another. It is holding the humidity OK. Looking at Savoy. Are executives series worth the money? $430 seems to be the going price. Smoking a Perdomo Barrel Aged Connecticut and drink a Captain and coke tonight! Am I doing this right?!?

edited February 2021

He's right @Don66. They're selling it on their website today for $340.

That's also way too much. If you want to watch TV, you don't buy a $600 cable box and then get the $20 cable subscription.

If you are dead set on having a hunk of wood to put your sticks in, then look online. Craigslist, offer up, Facebook marketplace, etc. Pay pennies on the dollar.

If you're not dead set on having a hunk of wood to hold your rolled up tobacco, the Rubbermaid that Pete suggested is money.

If you are dead set on having something that looks like it is supposed to hold rolled up tobacco, I suggest a cigar cooler or a wine fridge. I have an audew that is pretty cool. You can get it for less than that damn Savoy contraption and it holds more sticks.

Hit us up on the vherf sometime. We are on most nights. Welcome!

Don't look ↑
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum, @Don66

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Don66 said:
    At the risk of being an idiot, what’s a DZR? I do appreciate the Facebook marketplace and Craigslist suggestions - hadn’t thought of that! I think I’ll pass on the Rubbermaid as that won’t sufficiently anger the bride! Love and marriage don’t you know.

Try 120 qt cooler(s)

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:

@Don66 said:
    Hi! New to cigars. Got my first (already too small) cheap humidor and looking for another. It is holding the humidity OK. Looking at Savoy. Are executives series worth the money? $430 seems to be the going price. Smoking a Perdomo Barrel Aged Connecticut and drink a Captain and coke tonight! Am I doing this right?!?

If you’re DZR ...... oh boy that’s good. If not...... let’s save you some scratch. Grab a couple Rubbermaid Brilliance and some Boveda packs. Then take the $400 you saved and buy cigars to fill the Brilliance and the $60 you have left over to grab some liquor.

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

DZR is a ball busting forum member.

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Don66 said:
    At the risk of being an idiot, what’s a DZR? I do appreciate the Facebook marketplace and Craigslist suggestions - hadn’t thought of that! I think I’ll pass on the Rubbermaid as that won’t sufficiently anger the bride! Love and marriage don’t you know.

Shiit... every time we walk through the kitchen storage section of a store the wife always asks “need any more humidors?” They stack and store like a champ!

• Don66Don66 Posts: 8

@Vision said:

@Don66 said:

Shiit... every time we walk through the kitchen storage section of a store the wife always asks “need any more humidors?” They stack and store like a champ!

That’s funny. God love her. She’s got your back!

edited February 2021

@Vision said:
    DZR is a ball busting forum member.

He also makes random accounts here posing as new guys to mess with us.

Don't look ↑
  • Jrfoxx2Jrfoxx2 Posts: 31 ✭✭✭

Hello all.

Been here for a while now but it was pointed out that I forgot to post an introduction.

I'm 46, grew up in Michigan but left to join the navy in 2001. Was an avionics technician in the navy for 8 years, then went to work in the oilfields as an electronics technician here in Wyoming.

Really enjoy this forum. Lots of good people and lots of good information.

Been smoking Cigars for about 15 years now and and have read multiple books on them and still learn something new about them constantly.

Have somewhat recently switched to smoking cc's exclusively, and after doing so for 6 months, as I have been braching out in the cc world with new marcas and vitolas comprising the majority of my orders, I have apparently just lost my taste for nc's, even ones I used to love.

Welcome bro

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back @Jrfoxx2
    Actually, you did post an introduction here in this thread back in 2019, but your activity on the forum dropped off quickly. (I'm not an admin but I did look at your profile page.) There is not a ton of cuban cigar discussion on this forum, but some are knowledgeable, (not me). Maybe it will be you that has the most experience with that.

edited February 2021

Welcome, @Jrfoxx2.

You may need this link, a thick skin comes in handy here.

https://www.epiphanydermatology.com/blog/how-to-thicken-your-skin-causes-treatments-for-thin-skin/

Welcome, Mike. It was good to meet you on the vHerf tonight.

• MickeyD_1MickeyD_1 Posts: 33 ✭✭✭

Good morning. New to the forum, been a lurker for several weeks.
    Been enjoying cigars for 30+ years, almost daily.
    Seems like some very nice and civil yet playful folks here, hope I can fit in.
    See you is the pages.
    Mickey D

Welcome to the forum, @MickeyD_1.

Welcome to the zoo.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome @MickeyD_1 .

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.