Home General Discussion
Options

Weekend blitz

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PEs at 50% off? Man, they're killing me.
    Blast you Ccom!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Chips2481Chips2481 Posts: 52
    I missed the boxes but got 10 of the Camacho Pre-Embagos they added in christmas spirit.  I missed the black friday blitz, glad I picked up on this deal.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    Hey JJ you see the new blitz?? guess we should of picked up more of the PE's when we had the opportunity.
    yup!
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    I know how you feel but don't worry.
    0patience:
    Blasted Ccom!!
    Why do they do this to me?

If I thought I could sneak the bill past Momma, I'd be all over this, but the "Master Chief" is brutal with the budget and she'd know in a heart beat.
    And just getting back from Vegas, I Have to curb the spending for a little while anyways. LOL!
  • Options
    Told you not to worry my friend-:)
    rzaman:
    I know how you feel but don't worry.
    0patience:
    Blasted Ccom!!
    Why do they do this to me?

If I thought I could sneak the bill past Momma, I'd be all over this, but the "Master Chief" is brutal with the budget and she'd know in a heart beat.
    And just getting back from Vegas, I Have to curb the spending for a little while anyways. LOL!
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rip, you absolutely ROCK!
    I cannot thank you enough.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    They had PE's on the blitz?????? WTF!
  • Options
    The question is where are you? Your days are numbered Mr. Collins-:)
    marineatbn03:
    They had PE's on the blitz?????? WTF!
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    I am everywhere Rip, everywhere.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone on the Obsidian Boxes for this weekend's blitz? Those Coronas look inviting...I guess Davis started it a with Sharp Black reference. Thanks
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Anyone on the Obsidian Boxes for this weekend's blitz? Those Coronas look inviting...I guess Davis started it a with Sharp Black reference. Thanks
    Thought about it, but the couple I tried didnt do much for me.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Is this it? Is this all the madness of march or is there more. I have reserved money for the event as I missed it last year and am not planning on missing it this year. I'm preparing for some long nights, but if this is it, I may be able to sleep once again.

I wouldn't mind picking up a box of MOW Virtue Lonsdale at normal price to get 25 free cigars, but Macanudo hyde park? I guess I could just keep them on hand for fellas that come over to smoke. I'm kinda torn...what are your thoughts?
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't do it but mostly because I wouldn't even give away a macanudo. I've caught crap in the past for bashing on Mac. But here's the deal not only are they flavorless and weak, but they are expensive! There are many other mild body, strength and flavor cigars that are better and cheaper. I understand these are free but ....

That being said I guarantee you they sell very well on ccom. Every local shop owner I've ever asked has told me they are top 5 sellers but look around at the guys hanging out IN the shop and you'll rarely see one being smoked.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    Is this it? Is this all the madness of march or is there more. I have reserved money for the event as I missed it last year and am not planning on missing it this year. I'm preparing for some long nights, but if this is it, I may be able to sleep once again.

I wouldn't mind picking up a box of MOW Virtue Lonsdale at normal price to get 25 free cigars, but Macanudo hyde park? I guess I could just keep them on hand for fellas that come over to smoke. I'm kinda torn...what are your thoughts?
    Somehow, when I saw lonsdales, I knew you might be all over it...but for the Macs. I thought it might be a discount on top of full price, but nope. I haven't even tried the Virtues, so I probably wouldn't shell out for a box of those, freebie or no.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The virtues are pretty good. I'd definitely buy a box for a deal... but anything but 25 macs!! I had a couple and I don't even remember them... I'd just be wasting my money, even with getting so many for "free"
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    timbtimb Posts: 353 ✭✭✭

From the chin of the Beard:

Glancing at the sales calender (right next to the life sized Alex Svenson dart board) I see a particularly crazy day on the 25th.  Some serious insanity.  Not like secretly drinking a bottle of Jack one day at work, getting totally hammered, and running through the office yelling "Mahow stole my Bugatti lighter!" insane.  No, not like that at all.  Insane like low low prices on really nice brands that usual sell for alot more. Now go and be merry. 

• Options
    So true...anything but a nudo. Damn! I was really looking for an excuse to pull the trigger. Are there also other deals that will be rolling around for march madness?

PM to you Martel.
  • Options
    timb:

Glancing at the sales calender (right next to the life sized Alex Svenson dart board) I see a particularly crazy day on the 25th.  Some serious insanity.  Not like secretly drinking a bottle of Jack one day at work, getting totally hammered, and running through the office yelling "Mahow stole my Bugatti lighter!" insane.  No, not like that at all.  Insane like low low prices on really nice brands that usual sell for alot more. Now go and be merry. 

If it's Oliva V's I won't be able to refuse....... :):)
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    timb:

Alex said Tim was a tease, I always wondered about the two of them. BUT NOW I understand.
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Ugh... the virtues are a favorite of mine. I had a Mac recently just to revisit and wasn't really what you'd call enamored. Good golf gar, but I think they're a deal breaker. On the bright side... Tim did say the madness would mostly take place during the last week of March. Something to look forward to I suppose.
  • Options
    timbtimb Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    Yes...  the 25th in particular.  3 big sales, specifically the Daily Cigar Deals or DCD's as the young folk say.  Monday's are busy enough without something like this in the hopper.  May have to have a couple Breakfast Stouts that morning.
  • Options
    I'll pay a little better attention next time and not ask a question after The Beard answers it. Who's staying up till midnight Sunday to cash in on these deals? I've got a couple extras I've gotta add too. Cant wait!!!
  • Options
    ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    timb:
    Yes...  the 25th in particular.  3 big sales, specifically the Daily Cigar Deals or DCD's as the young folk say.  Monday's are busy enough without something like this in the hopper.  May have to have a couple Breakfast Stouts that morning.
    Breakfast stouts to prepare for a long day at the office... an office where you can smoke at your desk. I want to work at CCOM so bad it hurts.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    So true...anything but a nudo. Damn! I was really looking for an excuse to pull the trigger. Are there also other deals that will be rolling around for march madness?

PM to you Martel.
    Their (Macanudo) vintage maduro and vintage connie are both box worthy imo
  • Options
    The Kid:
    ddubridge:

PM to you Martel.
    Their (Macanudo) vintage maduro and vintage connie are both box worthy imo
    2000 or 2006 connie?
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    timb:

All hail the almighty The Beard, the greatest cigar guy ever. Can't wait for Sunday night 9PST.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife will really be ticked if I see something I just got to have.
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    My wife will really be ticked if I see something I just got to have.

Same here and it's a shame. I would be tempted to test that dare left by Tim in the other thread but I know I would be shot if a box came in. I might can get by with a 5 or 10 pack with just a short term stay in the dog house.
  • Options
    Your wife cant be mad if it's a deal!! You're saving money. Lol!
  • Options
    mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    In an effort to "merge" these two threads, here is a qoute from the Beard from the other Blitz thread.
    timb:

I'm at work on Friday night.  How do I get roped into this week after week?

How about this guys....  You see the weekend blitz?  Make up your own using that basic concept and email service @ cigar.com.

Let's have some fun.