So glad to see new items!
    yes indeed!!!
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    pbchevo:
    scarlin:
    yes indeed!!!
    +10................Padilla Black Bear!...yes!..........anyone happen to know what it "sold" for?

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I am so tired of 5 Vegas

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    I haven't been following the sprint, within a few days its already not worth it as prices have been jacked up to a starting point that its not even a deal anymore. The deal price is at the end of the sprint, so close to where they are yanking it because of minimum. Ccom has always been a little more expensive but the deals are just not there anymore. Plus interest has gone up, so you are rarely even seeing the products go below Ccoms website price. Which makes no sense that some people don't pay attention to that but meh. Some things are worth it, but the ccom team needs to do some work if they want this to stay alive.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    KingoftheCove:
    pbchevo:
    scarlin:
    yes indeed!!!
    +10................Padilla Black Bear!...yes!..........anyone happen to know what it "sold" for?

looks like about $39. Good deal when you consider the free shipping.
  • Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Krieg:
    I am so tired of 5 Vegas

And Acid
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    J.S.:
    Krieg:
    I am so tired of 5 Vegas
    And Acid
    and M1
  • Options
    ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    blurr:
    I haven't been following the sprint, within a few days its already not worth it as prices have been jacked up to a starting point that its not even a deal anymore. The deal price is at the end of the sprint, so close to where they are yanking it because of minimum. Ccom has always been a little more expensive but the deals are just not there anymore. Plus interest has gone up, so you are rarely even seeing the products go below Ccoms website price. Which makes no sense that some people don't pay attention to that but meh. Some things are worth it, but the ccom team needs to do some work if they want this to stay alive.

I realized within 5 minutes of the site starting that this was a genius piece of innovation that is going to make CCOM a ton of money off uneducated cigar smokers, and is basically worthless to the rest of us. Good on them; they are running a business after all. But I won't bother checking the sprint site at all.
  • Options
    ndhaon91:
    blurr:
    I realized within 5 minutes of the site starting that this was a genius piece of innovation that is going to make CCOM a ton of money off uneducated cigar smokers, and is basically worthless to the rest of us. Good on them; they are running a business after all. But I won't bother checking the sprint site at all.
    Within the last day I got some Cain's for cheaper than I've bought them before, so I'm happy. It may be worthless to you, but there are plenty of educated cigar smokers that can still find deals. Considering I sit at a computer during working hours, it's a fun distraction from my day-to-day tasks.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Unthought_Known:
    ndhaon91:
    blurr:
    Within the last day I got some Cain's for cheaper than I've bought them before, so I'm happy. It may be worthless to you, but there are plenty of educated cigar smokers that can still find deals. Considering I sit at a computer during working hours, it's a fun distraction from my day-to-day tasks.
    +1 Just can't please some people...
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Unthought_Known:
    ndhaon91:
    blurr:
    agreed... there is plenty of everyday stuff there for cheap... the free shipping is easy to overlook, but even if you get something for say $5 less than it is listed here, you're basically saving $10-$12... it's all good to me... with that being said, I haven't bought anything form the sprint sale yet... but i'm watching
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    I got the box pressed bender sampler for $20 less than listed normal price plus free shipping, saved me $25!! I'd say that was an awesome deal!
  • Options
    anyone see what the MOW Box-Press Sampler is going for? I just missed it like 2 min ago...
  • Options
    BigT06:
    KingoftheCove:
    pbchevo:
    scarlin:
    yes indeed!!!

thanks BigT06.............but unfortunately, that's not really such a good deal.
    I've been able to get them for about $3/each, plus free shipping, from that dancing fool on sister site, and that same price at Ccom on DD, etc.,...............dang it........really like the Black Bear, but like it best at $3 or less each.
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    robbyras:
    anyone see what the MOW Box-Press Sampler is going for? I just missed it like 2 min ago...

Somebody pulled the trigger at $44.x ... on the other site it's 50. There was probably a 3rd of the bar left. They either don't believe in delayed gratification or they're ignorant of the prices and get trigger happy. I believe it was going for mid 30s a few days ago, did anyone else see how much it was a few days ago?
  • Options
    allsmokedup:
    robbyras:

Somebody pulled the trigger at $44.x ... on the other site it's 50. There was probably a 3rd of the bar left. They either don't believe in delayed gratification or they're ignorant of the prices and get trigger happy. I believe it was going for mid 30s a few days ago, did anyone else see how much it was a few days ago?
    Thanks Bro!
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    KingoftheCove:
    thanks BigT06.............but unfortunately, that's not really such a good deal.
    I've been able to get them for about $3/each, plus free shipping, from that dancing fool on sister site, and that same price at Ccom on DD, etc.,...............dang it........really like the Black Bear, but like it best at $3 or less each.

King, those Black Bears went for 38 a few min ago, but that's a mazo of 15... $ 2.53/per...
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingoftheCove:
    BigT06:
    KingoftheCove:
    pbchevo:
    scarlin:
    yes indeed!!!

King, I love the Black Bear too! I generally get mine from The Beard.

They just went for $39 again, but that's for a mazo of 15...not 10! That's just $2.60 each!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    I got a 120 ct humidor for 30 off retail so yes, this is a good site! Stupid PA sales tax applies to me though.
  • Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    scarlin:
    I got a 120 ct humidor for 30 off retail so yes, this is a good site! Stupid PA sales tax applies to me though.
    was it the southport one? i bought one myself and i like it alot am sure you will to congrats
  • Options
    dbeckom:
    KingoftheCove:
    BigT06:
    KingoftheCove:
    pbchevo:
    scarlin:
    yes indeed!!!

King, I love the Black Bear too! I generally get mine from The Beard.

They just went for $39 again, but that's for a mazo of 15...not 10! That's just $2.60 each!

Thanks dbeckhom...duh!!.....I just "assumed" it was a 10-pack........ya know what they say........."never assume"................................I'll be staying up late to try and grab me a mazo of them sucjkers!!......I still have 12 of them.....(but that's not quite enough)

• Options
    switched over to the Yankees/Tigers for a bit to see what was happening, and missed the Padilla Black Bears........again.......
    to console myself I pulled the trigger on some JdN Antano Dark Corojo El Martillos
    Been reading all about these bombs, and getting ready to try one, maybe after Thanksgiving supper when I'm totally stuffed and can't move.......I'll fire one of those up and sort of stare at things and think about life.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Getting harder and harder to get a good deal on Sprintsale. Should of figured it was to good to last. Either the seriously uninformed are just jumping in and paying stupid pricing or the marketing department had our number all along. Either way, a bargain is now hard to come by
  • Options
    cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    Getting harder and harder to get a good deal on Sprintsale. Should of figured it was to good to last. Either the seriously uninformed are just jumping in and paying stupid pricing or the marketing department had our number all along. Either way, a bargain is now hard to come by
    +1 you got the marketing figured out!
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    yeah, I bought a box of d5s for $50 when it first went live, but the reserve was met yesterday at $58.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    When it first started I got the Padilla sampler tin for $28. Now it is either getting pulled or selling for just under $40
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Can we protest the reserve prices like the people at wall street are? Lol
  • Options
    fla-gypsy:
    yep....some of the higher quality sticks that were offered when the site first went live have definitely had their reserve price increased (as many others have noted).................however..........from what I can tell (small sample of course).................it appears as though the about 1/2 of the "new" items being offered in the last several days have really good prices.............$2.60/each for Balck Bears is pretty dang good (especially if I'd get lucky enough to get some dang it)

I got the JdN Antano Dark Corojo El Martillos for $3.61/each............not great, but pretty good..........the sprinter dude was just about out of room, and I knew the end was near, so I popped....................(curious to know if anyone has seen these go for less)
  • Options
    TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    So I clicked on just now and purchased the Padilla Cazadores Churchill for $2.98 each. Is that an ok deal?
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Theedge:
    So I clicked on just now and purchased the Padilla Cazadores Churchill for $2.98 each. Is that an ok deal?
    IMO, not really, it is OK but thats all.