Home General Discussion
Options

Cigar Sprint Sale

Comments

• Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Some reserve pricing has increased by $20 on box sales.
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Agreed, prices continue to rise. One I just watched was for Fonseca Arana Toro and it has it listed for a Mazo of 20 but the details describe 10. So what one is it? Ccom, need to be a bit more clear imho. If someone bought it they would be expecting 20, not 10.
  • Options
    kevin1323kevin1323 Posts: 294
    RampMonkey:
    Agreed, prices continue to rise. One I just watched was for Fonseca Arana Toro and it has it listed for a Mazo of 20 but the details describe 10. So what one is it? Ccom, need to be a bit more clear imho. If someone bought it they would be expecting 20, not 10.
    I used to see this ALL the time on daily deals and samplers. I used to send in notes to customer service or the reps and never got any response. I stopped doing it b/c I didn't think anyone was actually getting my messages.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    does the AJ Corona sampler still come up? been wanting to get that one, haven't seen it in a few days, but I haven't been watching all that closely
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Yes, it was on yesterday. I think it went for 21 or so. I got it for 17 and change last week.
  • Options
    allsmokedup:
    Yes, it was on yesterday. I think it went for 21 or so. I got it for 17 and change last week.
    yeah I was looking and they were ending in the low $18's.... i think i clicked 1/3 of a second late on that one about 5 times... got greedy... thanks for the update
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    FYI, they're up on cigarbid as the "Eight Angry Coronas Sampler"...
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Lakota72:
    When it first started I got the Padilla sampler tin for $28. Now it is either getting pulled or selling for just under $40
    Wow, I noticed that tin when the site first came on line. IMO was one of the better items the site was offering. I almost bought it at 28 but wasnt that great of a deal to pull me in. Close....... I dont want to be overly critical about what they have going on here but one of the main turnoffs for me is waiting and waiting and waiting to see something come across that is above the mundane and then see it get snatched up at a ridiculous price or have it hit the reserve before hitting a price I am comfortable with. I guess its something to check out every now and then .
  • Options
    Anyone happen to catch what the tats when for just a few minutes ago? never fails...wait for something to come up when your side tracked with something else.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    That was me bro. Got em for $33.
  • Options
    I was just sitting here comparing box price starting points to everyday pricing on Ccom. Most boxes on Sprintsale were starting off $15--$20 higher than the everyday price. C'mon Alex, we've been around way too long for that! This is losing interest real fast
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    I was just sitting here comparing box price starting points to everyday pricing on Ccom. Most boxes on Sprintsale were starting off $15--$20 higher than the everyday price. C'mon Alex, we've been around way too long for that! This is losing interest real fast

I noticed this the other night while I was watching it at work. It seemed everything was starting way above the everyday prices.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I just noticed a xikar lighter starting off higher than the listed MSRP.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Wow I just got a Xikar NXT Black lighter for $34.25 + free shipping quite a deal. The cheapest I have seen them is $35.95 + $5 shipping.
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    skweekz:
    fla-gypsy:

I noticed this the other night while I was watching it at work. It seemed everything was starting way above the everyday prices.
    Everything is =/. I havent bought anything since I bought my Cain sampler which was almost a week ago.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    This could be very dangerous for me...
  • Options
    Yeah I've been noticing that like as soon as something drops a few dollars below the everyday price it's gone
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    GEEZ! The Untouchable Ten started 30 dollars over the asking price in the sampler section.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    JSaint:
    GEEZ! The Untouchable Ten started 30 dollars over the asking price in the sampler section.
    yeah, i was watchign that one two hoping for a steal, no luck.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Just snagged a JdN DC 10 pack for $3.50/stick. I'm def hapy with that! Now if I could just catch those damn Tat HVI at a good price, my faith would be restored completely. lol
  • Options
    As long as buyers keep pulling the trigger until the running man has reached the end the price will continue to escalate
  • Options
    Haven't seen anything that has made me what to pull the trigger, to be honest I'm like the rest of the brothers that have lost interest. Ah nothing like looking in the wallet to see money still there. LOL. Come on CCOM, " Impress me."
  • Options
    fla-gypsy:
    Who cares what the starting point is? All the matters is where it ends. They can start the bidding at a thousand bucks, but if I click 'confirm' at a great price then I'm a happy camper.
  • Options
    Unthought_Known:
    fla-gypsy:
    Who cares what the starting point is? All the matters is where it ends. They can start the bidding at a thousand bucks, but if I click 'confirm' at a great price then I'm a happy camper.
    The starting point has great influence on the finishing point since the duration is very limited. Been watching enough to see where this going.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    fla-gypsy:
    Unthought_Known:
    fla-gypsy:
    The starting point has great influence on the finishing point since the duration is very limited. Been watching enough to see where this going.
    Deals can still be had, but come on fellas. Did you really think it would last? These deals in the first week were pretty insane. Had me thinking about the poor sales staff just sitting around waiting for orders because everyone was scoring off the Sprint Sale.

Had to know the level of deals would cool a bit. That said I just scored 10 Morro Castles for $2.25 a stick. For a stick that lists at $6.50. I'm good with that !
  • Options
    Good catch Laker. It seems when any new deal comes on line it starts off pretty reasonable but after cycling a couple of times the reserve price is driven up. I keep watching now and then but too many people willing to pay near the regular retail and settle for free shipping to get any insane deals.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    fla-gypsy:
    Good catch Laker. It seems when any new deal comes on line it starts off pretty reasonable but after cycling a couple of times the reserve price is driven up. I keep watching now and then but too many people willing to pay near the regular retail and settle for free shipping to get any insane deals.
    I agree Gypsy. I think I may restrict my lurking time at the sprint sale site to late night. It seems there are fewer competitors so you can let the price go for a little while longer before having to jump on it.

I hope in the future C.Com may tweak this a bit to allow for requests to be made from the customers. I mean we can't set the price or whatever, but it would be nice to be able to ask for "X" sticks to be put up on the sale so that you could have a chance at something you have been really wanting but maybe hasn't come up there yet.

Hey it's my fantasy... just leave me to it.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what did the box of my father 1922's go for ? anyone see
  • Options
    i think it ended at 178 ish... i was watching that one too
  • Options
    Knoxca1Knoxca1 Posts: 148 ✭✭
    Just saw a Reconquista 5 pack on the site go for $60.