Home General Discussion
Options

Cigar Sprint Sale

Comments

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingoftheCove:
    bigharpoon:
    Mine either. Probably a good thing, like I need another cooler...
    still down 8:15am pacific time - (hey - I'm working - just took a quick look..................heh!)
    But, I need to stock up - between a camping trip, and the moocher brother-in-law's birthday (gave him a small humi, bead puck, 12 sticks, and a cutter) - I'm down like 30 sticks...........makes me nervous

I hear ya brother, I'm right there with you, but it's all good and it all works out in the end :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    yeah....like many other botl here............my "comfort level" has been creeping up , and I'm having trouble stopping it!

-I hit 100 cigars and said - that's good, I'm fine...........uh ...........no.......

-got to 200 sticks and swore that was more than enough.........um........apparently not....

now at 300+, and I smoked and gave away 30 or so in the last few days, and suddenly I'm panicking because I'm under 300.........I'm a mess!...........(thankfully I have 20 coming this week..........good ones..........to ease my fears)

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingoftheCove:
    yeah....like many other botl here............my "comfort level" has been creeping up , and I'm having trouble stopping it!

-I hit 100 cigars and said - that's good, I'm fine...........uh ...........no.......

-got to 200 sticks and swore that was more than enough.........um........apparently not....

now at 300+, and I smoked and gave away 30 or so in the last few days, and suddenly I'm panicking because I'm under 300.........I'm a mess!...........(thankfully I have 20 coming this week..........good ones..........to ease my fears)

Between last week and the week before that I sent out darn near 100 sticks out of my only humi a 150 ct lol.... Trust me I understand... Between the giant Pass I started, gifts for being a good guy, winnings, trades, and giving away a ton of sticks to friends at the local b&m I went from a full 150 ct to just a VERY small amount in there now.... like darn near none HAHAHA... but I've cut down on my smoking, down to "only" 1 a day instead of 3-4. That has helped and also has helped with the cost. Brett (FTG) was overly generous to help out as well and gave me a dozen sticks to tide me over... just an AMAZNING human being, and a GREAT friend :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yup was down when i got up
  • Options
    5 LFD Air Benders (probably Matatans) and 5 MoW Robustos for $28..............I'm stoked
    There are still some decent deals here......

• Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    KingoftheCove:
    5 LFD Air Benders (probably Matatans) and 5 MoW Robustos for $28..............I'm stoked

Nice pick up my man, nice indeed!
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Just scooped the (8) clown car coronas for $22 and some change. I've been wanting this sampler for a while! Not to try a new cigar, but to try the new size! I really enjoy coronas and I'm looking forward to it coming! I could have let it drop a little lower but, I jumped on it anyway!
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Bought the Camacho Pre embargo sampler for 55 bucks. I need to stop spending money, but dang.
  • Options
    Anyone see what the Illusione Epernay '09 & Gurkha Centurian 10 stick set went for?
    thanks

• Options
    sorry for putting the sprint back on page 1, but I keep missing out on the Illusione Epernay '09 & Gurkha Centurian 11 stick set.............anyone know how much this is selling for?
    thanks
  • Options
    I picked up this morning 5 Graycliff Double Espressos and 5 Cohiba Black Robustos $49, then got 5 Padilla Miami and 5 Joya de Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojos for $39. I'm liking the new selections they have going.
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Less than an hour ago I saw 5 San Lotano Ovals and 5 LHC Cores for sale, and the deak seemingly expired.
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    Less than an hour ago I saw 5 San Lotano Ovals and 5 LHC Cores for sale, and the deak seemingly expired.

Just saw these again, someone snagged these at 40.85. I recall that there was a deal from Tim for the same sampler a few months ago.
  • Options
    KingoftheCove:
    sorry for putting the sprint back on page 1, but I keep missing out on the Illusione Epernay '09 & Gurkha Centurian 11 stick set.............anyone know how much this is selling for?
    thanks
    missed it again......... dang it!!!!
  • Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    KingoftheCove:
    KingoftheCove:
    thanks
    that reminds me of myself when i missed the maduro madness like 4 times i know how it feels bro lol
  • Options
    pbchevo:
    KingoftheCove:
    KingoftheCove:
    thanks
    that reminds me of myself when i missed the maduro madness like 4 times i know how it feels bro lol
    yeah - it kinda bites...the first time I was like "oh well"....the second time I was mildy bummed out.......the third time I was getting frustrated.............the fourth time I was bordering on pi$$ed.......now I'm really.............................sick and tired of missing it
    Of course, when if it does come up when I happen to be watching, I'll have no clue what the reserve is, so I'll end up waiting too long to pull the trigger!! lol.....so I know I'll miss it again.....
    I'm hoping it will be in the $40-$45 range, but I might be dreaming
  • Options
    TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    Just snatched up 5 Red Dots and 5 Morro Castles for $2.49 each. Thought that was a pretty good deal, as I've been meaning to try both.
  • Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    KingoftheCove:
    pbchevo:
    KingoftheCove:
    KingoftheCove:
    thanks
    yeah - it kinda bites...the first time I was like "oh well"....the second time I was mildy bummed out.......the third time I was getting frustrated.............the fourth time I was bordering on pi$$ed.......now I'm really.............................sick and tired of missing it
    Of course, when if it does come up when I happen to be watching, I'll have no clue what the reserve is, so I'll end up waiting too long to pull the trigger!! lol.....so I know I'll miss it again.....
    the six sticks Illusione & Alec Bradley Tempus Quadrum went for 33.23
  • Options
    pbchevo:
    KingoftheCove:
    pbchevo:
    KingoftheCove:
    KingoftheCove:
    thanks
    thanks pbchevo! that helps quite a bit - think that means the Centurian/Illusione 11 stick combo will be over $50...............which means I was dreaming.............bummer

• Options
    txpooltxpool Posts: 30
    KingoftheCove:
    pbchevo:
    KingoftheCove:
    pbchevo:
    KingoftheCove:
    KingoftheCove:
    thanks
    thanks pbchevo! that helps quite a bit - think that means the Centurian/Illusione 11 stick combo will be over $50...............which means I was dreaming.............bummer

just went for $48.72
  • Options
    txpool:

just went for $48.72
    Thank you very much kind sir!
    The hunt is on.....................

• Options
    RampMonkey:
    KingoftheCove:

Well, apparently not so fast...............
    My order comes in today, and there are only 3 Air Benders and 3 MoWs in there......bummer!

I noticed that now when this package comes up, it says 6 cigars (3 of each) - but when I ordered it, it said 10 cigars, 5 of each..............which is why I was so stoked.....a good deal.

So I go to Ccom chat, and chat with Kelly G to explain the situation, and she says it shows 6 cigars, and that the price is right............that I have to talk with or email Ccom IT??.............hmmm..................good thing I keep all my records cause:
    My email confirmation clearly states 10 cigars.
    My Order History on cigarsprintsale.com shows 10 cigars.

I'm sure Ccom will make this right....but you might want to double check your orders.

• Options
    KingoftheCove:
    RampMonkey:
    KingoftheCove:

My order comes in today, and there are only 3 Air Benders and 3 MoWs in there......bummer!

I noticed that now when this package comes up, it says 6 cigars (3 of each) - but when I ordered it, it said 10 cigars, 5 of each..............which is why I was so stoked.....a good deal.

So I go to Ccom chat, and chat with Kelly G to explain the situation, and she says it shows 6 cigars, and that the price is right............that I have to talk with or email Ccom IT??.............hmmm..................good thing I keep all my records cause:

I'm sure Ccom will make this right....but you might want to double check your orders.

I've been a little gun-shy because of the potential for this happening. A day or two ago there was a deal for Illusione and another cigar, and the picture had 3 of each cigar. The title said 10 cigars (although I saw it today too, and it only said 6 cigars). The final price was great for 10 cigars, but not so much for 6 cigars - and I didn't want to bid without knowing for sure how many I'd get.

Some lots don't give the size of the cigars either, and that makes me hesitate. My eyes light up when I see Padron, but there's a difference between a 2000 and a 5000.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Unthought_Known:
    KingoftheCove:
    RampMonkey:
    KingoftheCove:

I've been a little gun-shy because of the potential for this happening. A day or two ago there was a deal for Illusione and another cigar, and the picture had 3 of each cigar. The title said 10 cigars (although I saw it today too, and it only said 6 cigars). The final price was great for 10 cigars, but not so much for 6 cigars - and I didn't want to bid without knowing for sure how many I'd get.

Some lots don't give the size of the cigars either, and that makes me hesitate. My eyes light up when I see Padron, but there's a difference between a 2000 and a 5000.
    While the size isn't always in the title, I don't think I've failed to find it at the bottom of "read more," though I'm probably speaking from more limited experience...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    Unthought_Known:
    KingoftheCove:
    RampMonkey:
    KingoftheCove:

While the size isn't always in the title, I don't think I've failed to find it at the bottom of "read more," though I'm probably speaking from more limited experience...
    Well, there have been items for sale where the vitola is not detailed anywhere, including what I just bought a few days ago. Ccom is fixing things as fast as they can, and they are doing a pretty good job, given they now have 1000+ items for sale, (according to the Beard himself.)

Speaking of the Beard, I purposely didn't contact him regarding my little issue (receiving 6 sticks instead of the 10 as was detailed in the web text and confirmation).............he has more important things to do.
    Still, it was the Beard who contacted me early on, honored the deal as was displayed in the text, and then some! (not surprising......it is the Beard afterall.....)

• Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I just closed out that screen... I can't take it anymore... I'm already so far outta budget my wife's gonna **** when she finds out. Screw you ccom. I'm poor over here!
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    I just closed out that screen... I can't take it anymore... I'm already so far outta budget my wife's gonna **** when she finds out. Screw you ccom. I'm poor over here!
    rofl....yeah I keep tellin my wife I'm not gonna get anymore for awhile...got to where I haven't said anything, but then I get 2 packages the same day..lol.....the looks I got..scary..but hey I just got the kristoff 8 box sampler a few minutes ago...shhhhhh
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    CvilleE:
    BigT06:
    rofl....yeah I keep tellin my wife I'm not gonna get anymore for awhile...got to where I haven't said anything, but then I get 2 packages the same day..lol.....the looks I got..scary..but hey I just got the kristoff 8 box sampler a few minutes ago...shhhhhh
    ooo how much did you get that for?! And I get the same looks from my gf. I just tell her they are packages from my bros on here LOL!
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    jasonusa1jasonusa1 Posts: 729
    Hi all. Been reading for a bit and just registered for cigarsprintsale. I really don't see this ending well..
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    .. I beg to differ, this could end very well... Just not for your checking account.