Home Ratings & Reviews

Top 3 you dont want....in your humi

Comments

• 1. Acid Kuba Kuba. I felt like it was smoking stick of incense.
    2. Ron Mexico: Someone played a trick on me.
    3. 601 red label. Just didn't enjoy it as much as the others in the line.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    2 cigars i am not a fan of in my young cigar smoking age:

Macanudo Hyde Park - got these in the original bundle that i got with my humidor and just didn't like them. Kept 2 just to make sure and smoked one the other day and still not a fan
    CLE Corojo - Got one in a sampler and it was so bad that i didn't get past the 1/2 way mark. maybe it was just a bad cigar, but it was horrible.
  • Jasonc1982Jasonc1982 Posts: 278
    Gurkha Grand Reserve...don't care for alcohol infused cigars. Opus X...which means I spent way too much on a cigar that is average at best (in my opinion anyways). Quarum...no...just no...
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Jasonc1982:
    Gurkha Grand Reserve...don't care for alcohol infused cigars. Opus X...which means I spent way too much on a cigar that is average at best (in my opinion anyways). Quarum...no...just no...
    Now I have to google Gurkha Grand Reserve. Sounds like a cool idea.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    BeltFanDan:
    1. Acid Kuba Kuba. I felt like it was smoking stick of incense.
    2. Ron Mexico: Someone played a trick on me.
    3. 601 red label. Just didn't enjoy it as much as the others in the line.
    pm to ya
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jasonc1982:

PM to ya,
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    This list is subject to change:

1) Natural Root
    2)Macanudo
    3)Perdomo Lot 23

I don't include house labels of any sort in this ranking. I also don't want to include cigars I've only smoked once, but I made an exception for the Root.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    bumpity
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Martel:
    This list is subject to change:

1) Natural Root
    2)Macanudo
    3)Perdomo Lot 23

I don't include house labels of any sort in this ranking. I also don't want to include cigars I've only smoked once, but I made an exception for the Root.

To bad about the Perdomo. Love em with my morning deep roast java !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
    Well fro now Anything Rocky Patel... I hate having to tend to a cigar as much as RP's.
    Alec Bradley Family Blend and several others of his.
    Anything Macanudo
    Cant say that I have had but a few that were worth smoking.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    curtpick:
    Well fro now Anything Rocky Patel... I hate having to tend to a cigar as much as RP's.
    Anything Macanudo
    Really? Alec Bradley? I honestly haven't had anything that i disliked from them yet.......enjoyed the family blend.
    brianetz1:
    curtpick:
    Anything Macanudo
    Really? Alec Bradley? I honestly haven't had anything that i disliked from them yet.......enjoyed the family blend.

Oh I do like the blends. The construction and burn issues have a lot to be desired.
    Now grant you most of the ones I smoked are the box pressed. Presando,Tempus etc..
    Had the Maxx and its was ok.
    The family blend I gave away to Dennis King because he said he liked them too.
    If I am not mistaken they have 2 Family blends 1 and 2. I had 2 and just didnt like it.
    But there are probably more I cant hack and you can.
    Thats the beauty of the toebacky !
    Taste and effects everyone slightly different.
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    curtpick:
    Anything Macanudo
    I'm not much of a fan of Macanudo's primary lines, but the 2000 and Cru Royale I love.
    if you all have these in your humidor and do not want them, offer them up for a trade or whatever you feel, no other better way to get rid of something you dont like than to offer it up to someone who enjoys them! :D
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Jasonc1982:

I swear, I thought I was the only one who thought the Opus X's were entirely overrated. I even let one rest for over a year (something I really don't believe you should have to do for a $20+ cigar) and gave it another go. Still just meh....there are a TON of $5-ish smokes I'd rather have any time. Hell, I'd take one of their regular Don Carlos sticks over an Opus any day.

• ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Jasonc1982:

I swear, I thought I was the only one who thought the Opus X's were entirely overrated. I even let one rest for over a year (something I really don't believe you should have to do for a $20+ cigar) and gave it another go. Still just meh....there are a TON of $5-ish smokes I'd rather have any time. Hell, I'd take one of their regular Don Carlos sticks over an Opus any day.

+1... I thought I was in a minority of one since there are very few AF smokes that I like. Is the Opus good, yeah. Is it worth the money? Not from my perspective...
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Is this for actual sticks that you have that you dont want, or sticks that you've had that you wont buy again?
    One God, One Truth
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    Is the Opus good, yeah. Is it worth the money? Not from my perspective...
    What if you got them at MSRP? I definitely really like them, but I would never pay $25+ for one.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    roland_7707:
    Is this for actual sticks that you have that you dont want, or sticks that you've had that you wont buy again?
    I believe the intention is to list sticks that you currently have but don't want. You know, that VS box purchase that you really regret.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    Carlos T. Dominicano, Nica Libre, Padilla Caz.
    One God, One Truth
    SleevePlz:
    roland_7707:
    I believe the intention is to list sticks that you currently have but don't want. You know, that VS box purchase that you really regret.
    it is for sticks you have but dont want in your humi, as the first post states :D
    SleevePlz:
    Toombes:
    Is the Opus good, yeah. Is it worth the money? Not from my perspective...
    What if you got them at MSRP? I definitely really like them, but I would never pay $25+ for one.

That I would consider. As was stated earlier, there are tons of $5-ish sticks that I like just as much if not more.
    They're good, but I've had issues with them in the past...
    roland_7707:
    Carlos T. Dominicano, Nica Libre, Padilla Caz.

PM to ya
    Back at ya
    One God, One Truth
    bumpage
  • ldmanldman Posts: 19
    firetruckguy:
    1. Gu

2. rk

3. ha

Just say'in

Can't agree more... have yet to try one I like.
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    To tell the truth... I have tried a Gurkha that I like. It was the Ancient Warrior. A fine maduro among maduros. But everything else I've tried from Gurkha has some problem or the other. That one was the rare exception.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    allsmokedup:
    To tell the truth... I have tried a Gurkha that I like. It was the Ancient Warrior. A fine maduro among maduros. But everything else I've tried from Gurkha has some problem or the other. That one was the rare exception.
    This was a terrific Gurkha but came out originally years ago when Gurkha was still just offering only a dozen or less lines. Old Gurkhas are killer still... I've go two OR Gurkha Legend preferidos and a Royal Brigade OR preferido as we'll... The legends have 8 years on them right now since they were gifted to my Pops by his Father at my HS graduation.... Two years ago he gave me those and the Royal Brigade that now has 6 years on it. Those rock, but anything made past when they still only had a dozen or less core lines just aren't for me.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • kevin1323kevin1323 Posts: 294
    1. EP Carillo short Run Vintage That's all I got
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    Only tried the Gurkha Centurion… not a fan. Had a Nub sampler… not a fan although I still have 2 left so who knows?? I once bought a box of Casa Blanca coronas on sale… I don't think it had any flavor at all but they were popular give aways to my non-enthusiast friends.