Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Gardens

Comments

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭✭✭

Built two portable cold frames to cover our chard, escarole, raddicho, kale and collards. Going to get a hard frost this weekend. If all goes well we'll be having collards, Hopping John and cornbread for luck on new years day.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picked swiss chard, a couple of hot peppers and the last of the cherry tomatoes for today's mega pot of chili.

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anybody know of a garden hose end ready to use mold and mildew killer/remover that is safe for basically almost everything plants, surfaces etc. chlorine free?

I remember @0patience recommended me one years ago but I'm unable to find the posts where and what he recommended. Thats y'all

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

@TX98Z28, I'll be your search gnome.

https://forum.cigar.com/discussion/comment/1063760#Comment_1063760

@0patience said:
    BioSafe Mold killer. It even comes in a bottle you hook up to the garden hose.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

@Yakster said:
    I'll be your search gnome.

https://forum.cigar.com/discussion/comment/1063760#Comment_1063760

@0patience said:
    BioSafe Mold killer. It even comes in a bottle you hook up to the garden hose.

How did you find that so quick??? I seriously looked for over an hour! Thank you sir!

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options

You've got to use the advanced search. Search like you normally would and then when you don't see the results you want click the ▼ on the right side of your search terms to expand it to an advanced search and search by title, author, time, etc.

• Options

@Yakster Thank you again! I was completely unaware of this.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I guess I'm late to the party.
    🤣🤣

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options

Used thyme oil but discontinued by the manufacturer presumably because it wasn't as effective as people would like. They are now selling a fungicide that consists of acetic acid and hydrogen peroxide, primarily to pot growers. Can cause permanent eye damage if you get some in your eyes.

• Options

@silvermouse said:
    Used thyme oil but discontinued by the manufacturer presumably because it wasn't as effective as people would like. They are now selling a fungicide that consists of acetic acid and hydrogen peroxide, primarily to pot growers. Can cause permanent eye damage if you get some in your eyes.

Can you please post up a link to the product you found? The stuff Tony recommended me is the same stuff but they seem to have discontinued that product and is only available on one site that was super shady so I didn't buy any from them.

• Options

Amazon has it:
    https://www.amazon.com/BioSafe-ZeroTol-HC-Organic-Vegetables/dp/B07WVFJV7T#customerReviews

Likely available from other garden shops, maybe in smaller quantities.

• Options

Harvested 40 lbs of butternut squash and 35 lbs of some volunteer squash, an accidental hybrid, looks like a cross of butternut and spaghetti squash. We will find out later whether it is the best or worst traits of both.

• Options

We have a covered beds of collards, kale, escarole, chard, and radicchio. Been in the teens at night but so far we are good. Our cilantro is some tough stuff we have been lightly covering it and it is still good.We pulled our acorn and delicata squash two weeks ago. Planing a seed order for next year.

• Options

harvested Italian parsley for a massive batch of quinoa tabbouleh (only getting down to the mid-twenties tonight so it might have survived).

• Options

Went out to the garden with a tape measure and made a cut list of the raised bed and cold frame pieces I have to rebuild. Seeds should be here this week. Already planted spinach. If you don't grow the plants that give us life, start to do so this year.

• Options

Rebuilt two raised beds and did the same to our cold frame. Will turn compost into ten beds in the next day or so. Waiting a bit to plant because soil temp is not warm enough. 3500 ft in these southern mountains is the same temperature zone as northern Ohio.

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

Speechless

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭✭✭

@First_Warrior said:
    Rebuilt two raised beds and did the same to our cold frame. Will turn compost into ten beds in the next day or so. Waiting a bit to plant because soil temp is not warm enough. 3500 ft in these southern mountains is the same temperature zone as northern Ohio.

BIL built a raised bed from pallet wood for the wife. Then brought dirt to fill it, so we now have a few veggies growing
    I think a late start for down here, but it got down to 42 the other night so maybe not.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options

My Wife is putting in countermeasures to keep the critters form eating all the strawberries this year. Painted rocks and pinwheels. We'll see.

• Options

good luck! I don't even bother any more, the critters are smarter, persistent, and more clever than I am. I tried netting the blueberry bushes but the rodents got in and the wild turkeys just power through the net, lol.

• Options

Let's see. I remember those. C-4 shaped charge loaded with steel ball bearings. I would insert a blasting cap into the top, play out a thin wire back to my hole and connect the wire to a "squeeze box" a small hand held generator. I've seen what a Claymore can do to a human. I don't like them.

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭✭✭

@First_Warrior said:
    Let's see. I remember those. C-4 shaped charge loaded with steel ball bearings. I would insert a blasting cap into the top, play out a thin wire back to my hole and connect the wire to a "squeeze box" a small hand held generator. I've seen what a Claymore can do to a human. I don't like them.

They certainly are nasty, but if your position is being over run they are life savers

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5