Home General Discussion
Options

wife, girlfriend or significant other support your hobby?

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, when I started this thread, I hadn't realized that so many were as blessed as me to have a woman who takes care of them. I don't mean that to sound wrong to the wives.
    I mean that, in the respect that with out my wife, I wouldn't even begin to know how to take care of things properly. She takes very good care of me and I'm spoiled by it.

Fellas, I hope most of you realize what you have. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    T.J. ArmstrongT.J. Armstrong Posts: 256
    twistedstem:
    my has been very supportive of my hobby,when we go together to the b&m shes alway showing me sticks and asking if i want to try this one.im usually the one saying thats enough for today.she even smokes with me occasionaly.she likes the small cigarelos .she bought this humidor for me for fathers day..Photobucket

V, it looks like you forgot to put those Dutch Masters in that gorgeous humi she got you. Sounds like you are one lucky guy, as are all of you that have posted. I am one of the lucky ones too. My beautiful girlfriend and her brother are the ones that got me back into even smoking cigars and her and I kick back together with a few sticks every week.
  • Options
    T.J. Armstrong:
    V, it looks like you forgot to put those Dutch Masters in that gorgeous humi she got you. Sounds like you are one lucky guy, as are all of you that have posted. I am one of the lucky ones too. My beautiful girlfriend and her brother are the ones that got me back into even smoking cigars and her and I kick back together with a few sticks every week.
    TJ,
    If'n you're smart, you'll be making solid plans to make that gal your wife, sooner than later. That is, if she'll have you. ROFL!!
    Gooduns like that are hard to find. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Most definitely, yes. While I'm working overseas, she checks the 500 ct once a week and lets me know when she adds water to the HumiCare digital.

She smokes occasionally, her favorites being the EPC New Wave, Ashton, and Perdomo Champagne.

When we were recently in Kauai, she joined me watching the sunset, having a drink, and smoking a cigar.

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    T.J. Armstrong:
    TJ,
    If'n you're smart, you'll be making solid plans to make that gal your wife, sooner than later. That is, if she'll have you. ROFL!!
    Gooduns like that are hard to find. LOL!
    I think that's totally cool to enjoy that downtime together.
  • Options
    With all the new folks here, I thought I'd re-visit this thread.
    Least wise, I thought it was a good thread. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    i am happy to say now, that i have a girlfriend who supports me, lol. Happy Days...
  • Options
    Way to go!!
    That is great to hear.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
    I had a girlfriend that was supportive of cigars and smoked with me. But like i said "had" lol.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Who the f uk cares,, I do what I want,,,,LMAO,, Seriously the GF bombs me all the time, specially when Im feelin lonely and bluuuue
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    My wife just surprised me with a weekend get away to a recently opened Super Store for my birthday. Lotsa drinking, smoking and purchasing! I am truly blessed
  • Options
    The Kid:
    Who the f uk cares,, I do what I want when she lets me,,,,LMAO,
    Fixed it for ya!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    The Kid:
    Who the f uk cares,, I do what I want when she lets me,,,,LMAO,
    Fixed it for ya!
    lol,, too funny
  • Options
    biodarwinbiodarwin Posts: 265 ✭✭
    I am pretty lucky. My wife will sit out with me and have a drink why I smoke. A lot of the time she will join in on a smoke that smells good to her.
  • Options
    prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Lets just call it "reluctantly tolerates" and leave it at that....
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    pross:
    Lets just call it "reluctantly tolerates" and leave it at that....
    dont be rude about. she will come around. my wife did.
  • Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    I'm very fortunate to be married to a truly amazing woman. She's always been very supportive and cigars are no exception. She's interested in the process and wants to taste each cigar (I was going to say "stick" but that just dont sound right). She got a "Groupon" deal for a cigar sampler and ask's me "is that good? You should get it!" She's done some browsing on these forums and is as moved by your generosity as I am. She's now asking me "when are you going to bomb that guy"? lol
  • Options
    DCarp2005DCarp2005 Posts: 140
    My gf is not keen on me smoking (her grandparents were smokers for years and are going through health problems currently from smoking) but supports me smoking them because i like it and she likes that i like cigars. She made a deal with me that i can't buy any cigars until my birthday in march to help save money, but instead she would buy cigars for me. Gotta love her for that.
  • Options
    dsaylesdsayles Posts: 123
    I am fortunate that my wife does support it. For Valentine's day last year she got me a nice ashtray and some Macanudo's.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    DCarp2005:
    My gf is not keen on me smoking (her grandparents were smokers for years and are going through health problems currently from smoking) but supports me smoking them because i like it and she likes that i like cigars. She made a deal with me that i can't buy any cigars until my birthday in march to help save money, but instead she would buy cigars for me. Gotta love her for that.
    Wanna trade women?????? I could use some new stuff lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    Actually wife tolerates it,doesn't like it, nothing in the house or cars or truck! I do manage to have enough time between being outta town teaching, or at the club golfing, or at the boat club, and sometimes after work outside! So it works for me!!!
    Yes quoting my own...she is starting to accept it more and more, but well not fully yet, but when investing in the trade she has been bringing it up!! LOL:-) :-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    DCarp2005DCarp2005 Posts: 140
    Lee.mcglynn:
    DCarp2005:
    Wanna trade women?????? I could use some new stuff lol
    Lol I don't think she would like that too much haha, ill have to let her know that she is in high demand
  • Options
    MVW67:
    MVW67:
    Actually wife tolerates it,doesn't like it, nothing in the house or cars or truck! I do manage to have enough time between being outta town teaching, or at the club golfing, or at the boat club, and sometimes after work outside! So it works for me!!!
    Yes quoting my own...she is starting to accept it more and more, but well not fully yet, but when investing in the trade she has been bringing it up!! LOL:-) :-)
    My wife gave me the garage and I have a nice size flat screen TV and all the beer and liquor your little heart can handle. You can come stay with me.....I wont tell! image
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    dsayles:
    MVW67:
    MVW67:
    My wife gave me the garage and I have a nice size flat screen TV and all the beer and liquor your little heart can handle. You can come stay with me.....I wont tell! image
    That "sample only" bottle sure is intriguing!!!
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    My wife enjoying an Opus X at Casa Fuente when I was home on vacation a few weeks ago.
    Note the football sized Mojito.

• Options
    Steve2010:
    My wife enjoying an Opus X at Casa Fuente when I was home on vacation a few weeks ago.
    Note the football sized Mojito.

Great pic on accounts, delicious drink, wonderful smoke, and beautiful wife. Lucky man Steve!
  • Options
    mmccartneydc:
    dsayles:
    MVW67:
    MVW67:
    PM me your addy and I will send you a couple! I get some good stuff not even on the market yet
  • Options
    dsayles:
    mmccartneydc:
    dsayles:
    MVW67:
    MVW67:
    PM me your addy and I will send you a couple! I get some good stuff not even on the market yet
    PM to ya dsayles!
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    was just gifted a bonus check at work.first time in years they did it!!when i showed the wife first thing she said was,when do you want to go to toms(my b&m of choice)and get some cigars?was truly unexpected thought she would want to do something silly with it like pay bills or something...
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    My Fiance is very supportive of my cigar smoking. She says it reminds her of her grandfather. And because of her support I gave up cigarettes and switched to Cigars.