Home General Discussion
Options

wife, girlfriend or significant other support your hobby?

Comments

• Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    ThreadJacker3000:
    Rain:
    ThreadJacker3000:
    No. She thinks it's stealing and stealing is BAD.
    BAH!
    Oh. The cigar smoking. She's cool with that.

I thought my other hobby
    Funny how Peter Parker and Spiderman always show up at the same place.
  • Options
    ThreadJacker3000ThreadJacker3000 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    Chemnitz:
    ThreadJacker3000:
    Rain:
    ThreadJacker3000:
    BAH!

I thought my other hobby
    Hi Brad. Let's put another shrimp on the BARBIE.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThreadJacker3000:
    Chemnitz:
    ThreadJacker3000:
    Rain:
    ThreadJacker3000:
    BAH!

I thought my other hobby
    Hi Randy :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    ThreadJacker3000ThreadJacker3000 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    ThreadJacker3000:
    Chemnitz:
    ThreadJacker3000:
    Rain:
    ThreadJacker3000:
    BAH!

I thought my other hobby
    Hi Randy :)
    Hi Brett. Question, Is Siri going to be like what's her name in the movie "Her" on the new iphone 6?
  • Options
    AshMeAshMe Posts: 318
    AshMe:
    Chemnitz:
    AshMe:
    Chemnitz:
    AshMe:
    Chemnitz:
    You definitely need a relaxing setting - that's what it's all about. I would suggest an Acid Kuba Kuba or a A.F Hemingway Short Story. But how exciting that she's interested! In a way, I'm glad that my wife approves but doesn't want to try them - would double my monthly cigar bill :^)
    Yeah I was thinking about infused, but none of my B&Ms carry ACID. :
    I have a few lying around here that I'm never going to smoke. PM your addy.
    Awesome man. You'll really be doing a brother solid. Thanks! PM sent.
    Hope she likes. There might be something in there for you too ;^)
    Got them!! I called my wife just now to let her know the cigars came in and she was really shocked. She couldn't believe a "random stranger" would go out of their way to send cigars to someone else. We got something special here my brothers! Thanks Brad for the stogies! I look forward to enjoying them with my wife. I'll let you know how it goes. Check out the gesture everyone:image
    And there you have it...image
    "Do you smoke? Mind if I do?"  - Genie, in Aladdin. 
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice looking wife man! Glad she can enjoy a cigar with you!
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Nice looking wife man! Glad she can enjoy a cigar with you!

...and a great photo...
  • Options
    Awesome and thanks for sharing!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    AshMe:
    AshMe:
    Chemnitz:
    AshMe:
    Chemnitz:
    AshMe:
    Chemnitz:
    You definitely need a relaxing setting - that's what it's all about. I would suggest an Acid Kuba Kuba or a A.F Hemingway Short Story. But how exciting that she's interested! In a way, I'm glad that my wife approves but doesn't want to try them - would double my monthly cigar bill :^)
    Yeah I was thinking about infused, but none of my B&Ms carry ACID. :
    I have a few lying around here that I'm never going to smoke. PM your addy.
    Awesome man. You'll really be doing a brother solid. Thanks! PM sent.
    Hope she likes. There might be something in there for you too ;^)
    Got them!! I called my wife just now to let her know the cigars came in and she was really shocked. She couldn't believe a "random stranger" would go out of their way to send cigars to someone else. We got something special here my brothers! Thanks Brad for the stogies! I look forward to enjoying them with my wife. I'll let you know how it goes. Check out the gesture everyone:image
    And there you have it...image
    You're welcome! That right there makes it worth it!

So... did the Kuba Kuba make her a believa believa?
  • Options
    AshMeAshMe Posts: 318
    ^^^ Well she was definitely surprised that the cigar was sweet to the lips (how do they make it sweet anyway? With splenda?) and it wasn't stinky! So that made her happy. I told her that some cigars were even more "perfumy" and at the recommendation of 0patience, I ordered a few CAO Flavours Moontrance, and at the recommendation of Unicorn, I ordered a few Drew Estate Naturals. So, the Kuba Kuba definitely made her curious to try more! Lets see how long she stays interested :)
    "Do you smoke? Mind if I do?"  - Genie, in Aladdin. 
  • Options
    UnicornUnicorn Posts: 451 ✭✭
    AshMe:
    ^^^ Well she was definitely surprised that the cigar was sweet to the lips (how do they make it sweet anyway? With splenda?) and it wasn't stinky! So that made her happy. I told her that some cigars were even more "perfumy" and at the recommendation of 0patience, I ordered a few CAO Flavours Moontrance, and at the recommendation of Unicorn, I ordered a few Drew Estate Naturals. So, the Kuba Kuba definitely made her curious to try more! Lets see how long she stays interested :)
    Tell her how bad ass she looks. Then give her a whiskey cocktail to go with it.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bringing this thread back. 
    Had forgotten about it until today.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    This was an oldie but a goodie :)
  • Options
    CigarPunkCigarPunk Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes she supports me and my hobbies. Does she know about everything I spend on all of it. Well that's my secret. 
  • Options
    Rockethead26Rockethead26 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm one of the lucky ones as well. She just called (she's out of town on business) and told me not to open a box coming from CI. It's for my b-day next Saturday. She wanted to make sure there was room in my humi as she said she went a little overboard. Gotta love her. She is, after all, my best friend, too!

She even accompanies me to the local scotch bar where I sample different scotches and smoke cigars with a friend or two. She doesn't do either, but she loves a good craft beer!
    Life is good, don't waste it.
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Interesting topic as my "hobbies" are not exactly good for longevity. 

Fishing- emphatic yes, she even likes to go with. So far so good, right?.....

Cigars - on the fence. While she might on rare occasion smoke one, she would prefer that I only smoke a few a month and not daily. And you should see the looks I get for V-Herfing LOL

Skydiving -emphatic NO ghost rider!  While she is trying to come to grips with it, it is a constant source of tension and I have to make a lot of deposits in the good will bank in order to not catch lots of **** for going. 

Scuba Diving - something had to be sacrificed :(
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    SkydiverD - My wife hung out with me skydiving almost every weekend spring thru fall while in Chicago for almost two years. She was happy just hanging out with my friends, enjoying the excitement of the DZ, bonfires, cookouts and lots of beer and had no desire to jump. One of the jumper girls ribbed her so much about being on the sidelines week after week, that she finally asked if she would shut up about it if she did one jump. Well, lets just say that she hit 200 jumps in the next two years.
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife is getting better about it. For some reason she only thought I smoked on the weekends. Now Monday night golf league started adding another day and Wednesday night at a friends added another day and so on. She knows how much I love it so slowly the week is full of enjoyment. Like anything involving a woman( no bad intent meant SOTL) it takes time.
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's cool Rockethead!  SDC or CSC? My wife has done two tandems but it just isn't for her. I never get to hang at the dz all day and then into the evening for the bonfire. (Kids, wife, and everything else). I can usually go for half a day or so. Once a year intake a weekend trip with some buddies to FL. You still jumping?  
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    We quit jumping after moving to AZ and sold all out equipment. The closest DZ was 3 1/2 - 4 hours away, too far for us. We spent all our time at Chicagoland when it was at Hinckley. Visited SDC a few times but it was still under Roger's control and it was full  of sky gods who wouldn't give you the time of day, much less jump with you. Hope it's changed over the past decade. I never made it to 1000 jumps. My last was 988.
  • Options
    Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    I get the rolling of the eyes and that stinks, but she can't say much because she smoke nasty cigs, but overall i don't think she cares 
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get the rolling of the eyes and that stinks, but she can't say much because she smoke nasty cigs, but overall i don't think she cares 
    That's funny,I always tell the boss that I should be able too spend as much on Cigars as she does on cigs. Hasn't worked yet LoL
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Hahahaha! The wifey hates them! Ironically enough she lured me in hook line and sinker when we met smoked a short story on our first date.. And that was it  :'(
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife is cool with it but doesn't generally
    like to be around or smell them. Every once in a. While she will tell me I should go
    have a cigar. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife occasionally smokes with me, but she does love the smell of cigar smoke. So she practically insists that I regularly smoke somewhere we she could enjoy it too. For Valentine's day she asked me to take her to the lounge and we just hung out and smoked. 
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    eklektos44eklektos44 Posts: 145 ✭✭✭
    I can smoke a pipe in the house. For cigars I have to go outside. She sits with me though. She doesn't mind some of them, others she's not that keen on.
    "Many a true word hath been spoken in jest"
                                                                  King Lear
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Post edited by Yakster on
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I get subtle hints...

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    @Edna20 that is really really cool Kelly and in many ways you remind me of my on wife that's cool!

Brett