Home Pipes
Options

What is in your pipe?

Comments

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

GH Glengarry Flake in a Loewe & Co. pipe.

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    edited January 2022

Gramercy Park in the Guildhall.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Guildhall-made Zulu is such a classic English shape.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,379 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably a good think I only prepped half a bowl in this deep chambered pipe, I'm starting to feel the Vitamin N kick in in the pit of my stomach. Should have eaten lunch first, but still enjoying it.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

Finishing that half bowl of Dark Plug as my roaster is cooling down to shut down, an hour an a half later. I'm glad I didn't load a full bowl of this good tobacco.

• Options

Cool pipe rests Chris!

• Options

Thanks Steve, I'm planning on making more. :D

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

KBV Festivus Pudding in a Kaywoodie Drinkless briar

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options

KBV Derby Shag in a Chacom.

• Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could one of you guys direct me to a good link about pipe smoking? I am just looking into this but looks like a lot of work for such a small time of smoking.

• Options

Larry, you might want to check out the PipeSmokersDen forum for more info about pipes, but time isn't such a factor. I loaded half a bowl in my large Peterson XL-315 pipe of dark plug which smokes slower than normal ribbon tobacco and it was a one and a half hour smoke. I'm glad I didn't fill the bowl for this one. With pipes, you can pick up and lay down the pipe and smoke it the next day with no ill effects. In fact there's a technique called DGT (Delayed Gratification Technique) where you load and light a bowl and leave it for later, usually the next day, which allows the tobacco to dry out a bit for easier smoking. You can get smaller pipes and smoke ribbon or shag tobacco for shorter smokes or go for slow burning pressed tobacco (flake or plug rubbed out to smoke in your pipe) or use a larger pipe to get a longer smoke. You can smoke a pipe while you're working on something, like paracord pipe rests, and if it does go out don't worry, you can relight as often as you need. The basic advice goes something like this: pack looser, drier, and less tobacco than you think you need and smoke it slower than you think you can. The best flavor is when the tobacco is smoldering and just on the edge of going out.

Watch City Elf Dandruff in my MM Cobbit Shire pipe.

• Options

Thanks guys!

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@genareddog said:
    Could one of you guys direct me to a good link about pipe smoking? I am just looking into this but looks like a lot of work for such a small time of smoking.

You may also want to check out Smokingpipes.com, at the bottom of the page is a Learn about Pipes link, up at the top of the page there's a football shaped two-tone button that links you the their blog page. Lot's of interesting and informative stuff there.

Fair warning, reading those links may lead to PAS, or PTAS, or both.

In fact, it probably will.

There's little doubt.

Have you OK'd this activity with the Mrs.?

Or, is it already too late?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@genareddog said:

You may also want to check out Smokingpipes.com, at the bottom of the page is a Learn about Pipes link, up at the top of the page there's a football shaped two-tone button that links you the their blog page. Lot's of interesting and informative stuff there.

There's little doubt.

Just looking into it. And btw I wear the pants in the family!

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I was just looking into it too lol

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

@genareddog said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@genareddog said:

There's little doubt.

Me too! :D

• Options

I don't always wear the pants, I've been working from home so it's shorts, sweats, etc.

• Options

@genareddog said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@genareddog said:

There's little doubt.

• Options

Thought I'd give Troost a try in a 2014 Stanwell. Meh....