Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

2012 BORK Fantasy Football League

Comments

• Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Oh I thought it had to be Steve as I didn't see his name. As long as you accepted the invite it shouldn't be a problem when you enter the room. I thought adding your name was mandatory but maybe not. I think it is best if everyone gets into the room a little early in order to make sure everything is set up correctly.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Bombay:
    Oh I thought it had to be Steve as I didn't see his name. As long as you accepted the invite it shouldn't be a problem when you enter the room. I thought adding your name was mandatory but maybe not. I think it is best if everyone gets into the room a little early in order to make sure everything is set up correctly.
    Pretty sure hes fine... just hasn't entered his name or whatever reason...
  • Options
    ok... the draft room looks like it will be open in 30 min or so... Since we have 16 teams, I chose 60 per pick for the draft time... that's plenty of time to choose if you're paying attention and I don't want this thing taking 3 hours...

see you guys in a bit
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    ready to rumble!
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    What ya smokin? Gonna light up a new Cuenca y Blanco from JDN.
  • Options
    Draft room is OPEN boys...

I;m about to fire up my first CAO Concert...
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERS
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    I believe I made two choices that I may regret,, 1st was picking Jacob Tamme TE/Den instead of picking Jason Witten TE/Dal I had Witten last season and he was a beast.. Just hoping Peyton and Tamme sync up this season!!! The other choice was picking the Green Bay D/st instead of picking the Seahawk D/st.. Other than that cant complain except for the fact that the autopick messed me up late in the draft,, was gonna pick the Bengals D/st as my backup, but auto draft picked "alfred morris",,who the hell is alfred morris,,Oh like back # 4 on the Redskins,,, WOW
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    I believe I made two choices that I may regret,, 1st was picking Jacob Tamme TE/Den instead of picking Jason Witten TE/Dal I had Witten last season and he was a beast.. Just hoping Peyton and Tamme sync up this season!!! The other choice was picking the Green Bay D/st instead of picking the Seahawk D/st.. Other than that cant complain except for the fact that the autopick messed me up late in the draft,, was gonna pick the Bengals D/st as my backup, but auto draft picked "alfred morris",,who the hell is alfred morris,,Oh like back # 4 on the Redskins,,, WOW
    I have a couple of "what the hell was I thinking" spots on my roster. oh well...here's to hoping Mr. Irrelevant doesn't bite me in the ass!
  • Options
    Back #4 with the Redskins? Sweet, with Shanahan he may be the starter tomorrow. You might have the steal of the draft.
  • Options
    duckshooter:
    Back #4 with the Redskins? Sweet, with Shanahan he may be the starter tomorrow. You might have the steal of the draft.
    I know,,lol,,
    skweekz:
    The Kid:
    I have a couple of "what the hell was I thinking" spots on my roster. oh well...here's to hoping Mr. Irrelevant doesn't bite me in the ass!
    I saw that you picked up Witten,,, Enjoy he's an awesome TE,, yep I dont know what I was thinkin,,pretty well sums it up
  • Options
    I think you will be alright with Tamme. I drafted a TE earlier than I ever have just because I figured Gronk can't have as great of year again and maybe his partner in crime would heat up instead. So when Hernandez was still there I grabbed him. My biggest problem was I was drafting 13th on a year short on RB. I was just praying someone decent would be left by he time I picked.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Alfred Morris went that late in the draft. I was going to get him and you snatched him. That's a heck of a pick that late. I've seen every game and he is a beast. They are sure if he is going to be number one or two. But what they do know, when they get close to the goal line. He is the guy they are going too. Heck of a late pick. He's a rookie beast....
  • Options
    I'm pretty happy with where my team ended up... my BIGGEST dipshit move was taking Vick second... I wanted Vick and Nicks on the turn... I had picks 31 and 34 so I took vick at 31... I wasnt thinking... Forte had picks 32 & 33 and he already had Aaron Rogers... So there was no way he'd take Vick... so He ended up with Nicks... oops... so yes, that was my dipshit move of the day... then I got all flustered and tool SJax at 34... not happy with that turn...

Oh, and when ESPN decided to Autopick for me in the 8th round taking Montario Hardesty, I was not pleased with that either... Hardesty is a decent gamble, but in the 13th round, not the 8th... but I think, in a 16 team league you have to get a little lucky

I am pleased with a few picks though... VD in the 5th, Toby Gerhart in the 6th, Texans D in the 7th, Crosby in the 10th... and my sleepers Austin Collie in the 12th, Steve Smith in the 14th made me pretty happy.. so we'll see... fun draft!
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Yea, had a good draft and I was hoping and praying that no one took Matt Ryan and Glen was the only one who was going to screw me...he picked Romo..I was like YESSSS!! I was a happy man!! My only player I didnt get that I wanted was Torrey Smith, but its ok, I like my team for a 16 player draft! Good luck!
  • Options
    I think this is why I ended up with Foster at pick #2 instead of AR

IMG_20120831_083032.
  • Options
    Autopick sucks, got me four times. My first pick which was Calvin Johnson(AP). I can't be mad with that at the number 8th spot I guss. But I would not have picked him. I would have gotten Matt Forte. I always pick a running back first, regarldess. Second pick I was able to get McFadden. hopefully he stays healthly. Then my third pick Trent Richardson(AP). I was trying to get Philip Rivers and freakin AP said no. Then my fourth was AP with Austin Miles. Not happy at all with that. Of course the light bulb finally comes on along with everyone telling me to turn off autopick. Yeah, this should be a fun year, right. That's okay, my fault on not checking that. We are still going to fight, bring it...

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    duckshooter:
    +1. Dont sweat it too much brother, he's likely to get teh same amount of touches as any other RB on the ForeSkins roster.

• Options
    zeebra:
    Yea, had a good draft and I was hoping and praying that no one took Matt Ryan and Glen was the only one who was going to screw me...he picked Romo..I was like YESSSS!! I was a happy man!! My only player I didnt get that I wanted was Torrey Smith, but its ok, I like my team for a 16 player draft! Good luck!
    Tony ****? Not I my good man!

I am however guilty of cherry picking Torrey Smith out from under you though. ;-)

• Options
    robbyras:
    I think this is why I ended up with Foster at pick #2 instead of AR

IMG_20120831_083032.
    Hmmmm.... Arian Foster AND a Concert vs Aaron Rodgers by himself?

I think you came out OK commish. :-)

• Options
    The Sniper:
    zeebra:

I am however guilty of cherry picking Torrey Smith out from under you though. ;-)

Although if you REEEEEEEEALLY want Torrey that bad Z, Im always willing to listen to trade offers. :-D

• Options
    RCY Cigars:
    Alfred Morris went that late in the draft. I was going to get him and you snatched him. That's a heck of a pick that late. I've seen every game and he is a beast. They are sure if he is going to be number one or two. But what they do know, when they get close to the goal line. He is the guy they are going too. Heck of a late pick. He's a rookie beast....
    I didnt **** himm,,more like he was dropped in my lap,,lol,, It seemed that in the last ten sec of the alloted time,, It wouldnt let me select what I wanted and since I didnt have anyone in the drag and drop pool it autopicked,,, IDK I kept hittin draft player,, I guess autopick kicked on after 50 sec,,Its a long season so anything can happen,, got a decnt backup QB so thats a bonus,, Gonna be FUN
  • Options
    The Sniper:
    The Sniper:
    zeebra:

Although if you REEEEEEEEALLY want Torrey that bad Z, Im always willing to listen to trade offers. :-D

Whatcha looking for? I'll be checking out your line up and get back with ya.
  • Options
    duckshooter:
    They just released Hightower,, so my boy is movin up,,,lol,,, I also just heard that Dion Branch with the Pats was released,, Anyone think Plaxico Burress will find a team???
  • Options
    The Kid:
    duckshooter:
    They just released Hightower,, so my boy is movin up,,,lol,,, I also just heard that Dion Branch with the Pats was released,, Anyone think Plaxico Burress will find a team???
    I doubt it. Tons of younger, cheaper talent available for teams. Wouldnt be surprised if Branch gets picked up though, he's a solid vet and can show some of these young kids how to play. You dont want Plaxico Burress taking them out and showing them how not to shoot your self now do ya...lol
  • Options
    zeebra:
    The Kid:
    duckshooter:
    I doubt it. Tons of younger, cheaper talent available for teams. Wouldnt be surprised if Branch gets picked up though, he's a solid vet and can show some of these young kids how to play. You dont want Plaxico Burress taking them out and showing them how not to shoot your self now do ya...lol
    LOL,, Dion Branch in Dallas?????
  • Options
    I'm picking up Cooley, lol...

• Options
    I took Romo, damn near killed me. I dislike the Cowboys so much. Yet I kept looking at his stats and what he could do versus all the other QBs left on the board at the time. I personally really wanted Cutler but wasnt going to reach for him. I was trying to decide between Romo and Harvin. Percy could be in for a big year with Peterson recovering and not much else to throw the ball to on offense.
  • Options
    zeebra:
    The Sniper:
    The Sniper:
    zeebra:

Whatcha looking for? I'll be checking out your line up and get back with ya.
    Shoot me a pm and let me know my friend. Like I said, always willing to listen.

• Options
    It's finally here. It starts tonight, so good luck everyone. This will probably be my last time being nice in this thread, lol....