Home Non Cigar Related

so what do you do for a living.

Comments

• BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @cbuck only natural ingredients, no HFC's?
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cbuck said:
    Cane sugar only!

Yes! :) Only people who truly like ice cream (and would like to not have diabetes) can appreciate this.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its pretty warm at least! 2 - 50 horsepower compressors throw a little heat!
  • Willy_MNWilly_MN Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @cbuck Thanks for sharing the pics! The smaller tanks are what we typically work with. Always cool to see different plants.
    Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations.
    #f**kyourhashtags
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    Hawkeye said:
    Thanatos0320 said:
    FP&A (Financial Planning & Analysis)

Based on your response in another thread - this makes a lot of sense :smiley:  I'm an actuary myself.

Sleddog46 said:
    Retired now on permanent disability, but before worked with special needs children and adults. Had 5 out of 7 die in a year. High burnout job. I had to leave.

That sounds like an incredibly taxing job.  I could never do something like that.
    Working in finance will do that to you. I think the CFA program is more of a reason though ;)
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool tour, Charlie.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NorCalR1 said:
    As of today I am officially “Acting Fleet Manager for San Jose”

You're a mangler? LOL!
    Congrats.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @0patience now I need to find someone to cover my normal role  because doing to jobs since December has been brutal. Acting role is until June when the recruitment is complete

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that when you quit acting?
    A little dirt never hurt
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dirtdude if I get selected 
    I will see how it goes 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Supposed to be snow coming this weekend. I'm on call from Friday evening until Tuesday morning. Cha-ching!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    0patience said:
    When you get to work and you have to head out to a machine and ask what the roads look like and they send you this picture.

Cool pic from your office, man!
    #f**kyourhashtags
  • HawkeyeHawkeye Posts: 246 ✭✭✭✭
    Willy_MN said:
    0patience said:
    When you get to work and you have to head out to a machine and ask what the roads look like and they send you this picture.

Cool pic from your office, man!
    Definitely a better view than what I have!
    Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Willy_MN said:
    Here is a picture of where I work. Working on a storage mezzanine that we will be building and installing onsite. Pretty interesting and challenging most days, but there are times I definitely miss working out in the shop!

🤣 wish my desk was that clean
    deadman said:
    Willy_MN said:
    Here is a picture of where I work. Working on a storage mezzanine that we will be building and installing onsite. Pretty interesting and challenging most days, but there are times I definitely miss working out in the shop!

🤣 wish my desk was that clean
    I may have set some stuff on the table behind me for the pic @deadman:D
    #f**kyourhashtags
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got two fans on my desk. I'm glad I'm not in the open seating area upstairs with no partitions, they cram more people in at the expense of noise, privacy, and desk and storage space.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    I've got two fans on my desk. I'm glad I'm not in the open seating area upstairs with no partitions, they cram more people in at the expense of noise, privacy, and desk and storage space.
    Part of that new age open seating desk share crap. Building next to mine has that,  no thank you get your dirty a$$ out of my chair. 
    Two fans though...? No wonder you get all the funky breakroom odors I envision this wind tunnel of fumes.
  • CigarsonistCigarsonist Posts: 267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do custom remodeling of bathrooms for my main gig, and work as an assistant to a general contractor as a side gig. Also working on my plumbing apprenticeship, and keep bees and a hobby/bonus money once or twice a year
  • HawkeyeHawkeye Posts: 246 ✭✭✭✭
    I do custom remodeling of bathrooms for my main gig, and work as an assistant to a general contractor as a side gig. Also working on my plumbing apprenticeship, and keep bees and a hobby/bonus money once or twice a year
    I'm surprised you didn't just try and claim you were the Assistant General Contractor, Dwight.
    Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    I gave myself a coffee mug and a shirt.  It was great to be recognized for all my hard work.
    I know the feeling. Work at home or retired and no one notices. The secret lives we live to save the world and we buy our own coffee mugs.