dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper flavor
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    0patience said:
    New service truck is ordered. $152,000
    The dealer has 90 days to prep it and deliver it.
    And they are waiting on new Miller welders to install on the truck.
    So..........
    Hopefully, I will see it by the end of February.
    If I am lucky, maybe mid January.

This is her.

Finally, thought they forgot about your truck 
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see a perfect spot for a travel-humidor...
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats didn't you have that promised last year?
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I keep running adds in "Soldier of Fortune" but I don't get any inquiries. So I guess I don't have a job anymore.
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I'm not quite sure what my job is.  They call me a manager.  I babysit millennials doing a menial minimum wage job that isn't absolutely necessary.  

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

16 tons of shiny new truck, nice, congrats. Though your old truck looks in good condition for a 16 year old.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

You took such good care of the older one I'm glad you clarified, it was hard to tell them apart. Looks like the new one has more storage too. Just add the microwave and other home qualities and smile. Congratulations on finally getting the replacement, this was a long time coming.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

Built-in humidor?

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

@peter4jc said:
    Built-in humidor?

Just the travel humi in my lunch bag. LOL!
    It would be a b i t c h keeping the humidity stable, cause I can go from sea level to high mountains in an hour LOL!

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

I worked with two others for almost a year and it was very obvious when my tools were dipped into. My small bag very organized at all times, hence why they would use my limited tools, they couldn't find theirs. After I use something it goes back in the same spot it came from, others not so much. Nothing more frustrating than not being able to find a tool you know you have. Anyway I truly understand why you want things your way and to stay clean and organized. Enjoy that beauty.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, I'm way too lazy to go hunting after stuff. If I always put it back where it goes, I never have to hunt for it. That's why I have hammers and wrenches etc. that are 40 years old, and still use them. Nearly all the problems I've ever had with tools or materials were caused by letting someone else use them. Or, not letting, they just walked off with them.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@0patience said:

@ForMud said:
    All I know is, the next time my boss asks if I can weld and do some metal fab work...I'm going to lie and say no.
    Working out in the sun/heat for two+ weeks really kicked my old a ss.....

Small (80mm) PC fans and 9V batteries in the welding hood.
    There are youtube videos on it.
    Cools your face and helps keep the smoke out of the hood.
    You'll thank me later.

Wish I'd known that back in the day when I was welding galvanized every day. That stuff was killer!

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@0patience said:

@ForMud said:
    All I know is, the next time my boss asks if I can weld and do some metal fab work...I'm going to lie and say no.
    Working out in the sun/heat for two+ weeks really kicked my old a ss.....

Small (80mm) PC fans and 9V batteries in the welding hood.
    There are youtube videos on it.
    Cools your face and helps keep the smoke out of the hood.
    You'll thank me later.

Wish I'd known that back in the day when I was welding galvanized every day. That stuff was killer!

In the wet pacific northwest, I was having troubles with the lens fogging up and would find these small fans to fit in the hood, but they were always cumbersome.
    Then I discovered a youtube video years back, where a guy installed PC fans.
    What a difference they make and you can find them for less than $20.

One of the guys at work just got these 25mm fans * Link and is setting them up in his welding hood.
    If they work, the smaller fans may be a little more user friendly.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

A very good friend of mine passed a few months ago from years of welding galvanized. He was a sheet metal guy.... 😟

• Options

@jlmarta said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

A very good friend of mine passed a few months ago from years of welding galvanized. He was a sheet metal guy.... 😟

Sorry to hear about that. One of the reasons I got out of welding. I loved to weld, work with metal, etc., I don't know why, just something about making things out of steel. But, when I got laid off right after Reagan got elected, I started thinking about it, looking at the "old" (50+ years) welders and thought "this is really not good for you". Life is always changing.

• Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

I won't weld/grid anything galvanized for the above reasons...For that matter, zinc plated as well.

Will defiantly look into adding a fan to my hood...All ready have cheater lens which puts me a lot closer to the work and fumes.

I have to work with metal.....Cause I su ck with woodworking. :)