Home Non Cigar Related
Options

so what do you do for a living.

Comments

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    Vulchor:
    Thanks for the kind words all----it does have its days no doubt. I have been doing it for 5 years and did child abuse investigations for 2yrs before that. The child side was politically tougher but also emotionally devistating on most days. There are some days I hate it, but I gotta do something like I feel like I am making a real difference for people who need it.
    Very proud to call you a friend Dave. Someone has to be out there for the people who can't be there for themselves for whatever reason. I have got to know Dave a little over our time here together and I can say I am not really surprised by his work. He is definatley a stand up guy with a real conscience.
    ...well he is a republican who leans left... lol.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Lolllllllllllllllllllllllllll.....Squirrel has hit the nail right on the head.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    U do know that the gop left you right?
  • Options
    oh and I still work in the teclo industry, and I have my own computer biz. My wife and I are working on something that hopefully will pick up soon as well. My goal is to be able to work from anywhere, so we can travel or move out of the country.
  • Options
    TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    I own a t-shirt shop and am also a County Commissioner. Always looking for more likes on my FB page. I've got a pretty serious Libertarian bent. CLICK HERE TO LIKE
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Vulchor:
    U do know that the gop left you right?
    ABSOLUTELY!!!! Pat Buchanan was the first to say the line, but he is EXACTLY right. "I did not leave the Republican Party, it left me"
  • Options
    prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Serial entrepreneur here. Currently running www.massmarine.com, www.aviationlogs.com, www.americandictation.com, www.americanspeechsolutions.com. If you ask my friends and family what I do, no two would give the same answer. Hell, I'm not even sure most days. Side note, if anyone needs anything boating, aviation, dictation, or speech recognition related, PM me and I will be glad to help out in any way possible.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    I am a member of the U.S. Diplomatic Corps. My job is to believe in talk and negotiation without any emotion. Now you can see why I am so emotional about smoking a good cigar because this is the only part of my life where I can talk freely and expose my emotion LOL. My job is stressful but I am proud to serve my country with honesty, integrity and defend my country's interest with tact and diplomacy.
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    rzaman:
    I am a member of the U.S. Diplomatic Corps. My job is to believe in talk and negotiation without any emotion. Now you can see why I am so emotional about smoking a good cigar because this is the only part of my life where I can talk freely and expose my emotion LOL. My job is stressful but I am proud to serve my country with honesty, integrity and defend my country's interest with tact and diplomacy.
    Another tough job that I couldn't do. Hat's off to you, sir. Enjoy your rants on this forum! Everyone needs at least one place to let off a little steam.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I'm an attorney. Former Public Defender; left them a few months ago, and currently starting my own law firm
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I'm an auto damage adjuster for an insurance company. Strictly just in the field writing estimates and total loss settlements. For the most part I enjoy what I do, with the exception of some customers whom just can't be satisfied.
  • Options
    Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    I work in a Psychriatric prison.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gaetano7890:
    I work in a Psychriatric prison.
    You cannot claim it as work if you were committed.
  • Options
    ScottTDawgScottTDawg Posts: 206 ✭✭
    Machine Lead Operator. I work in a factory making Thinsulate insulation for clothes and cars. Tried the Work Team Leader end of it a couple of times but really like producing a product.

• Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Up until recently I was a Landscape Designer for a high end residential landscape company in NE Tennessee. However I've been laid off, so I am now offering my professional services in a freelance capacity. I meet with people, discuss aesthetic and environmentally appealing options for their landscapes as well as produce drafted, fully rendered designs to scale of their property. I also offer consulting services for the people who would rather do it all themselves but don't know where to start. I'll be moving back to my hometown in IL soon and will be applying to graduate school for my Master's in Landscape Architecture and possibly double-majoring in Urban Planning as well. My aspiration is to become a professor at the college level and inspire people to become associated in some way with the Green Industry!
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    illinoisgolf99:
    Up until recently I was a Landscape Designer for a high end residential landscape company in NE Tennessee. However I've been laid off, so I am now offering my professional services in a freelance capacity. I meet with people, discuss aesthetic and environmentally appealing options for their landscapes as well as produce drafted, fully rendered designs to scale of their property. I also offer consulting services for the people who would rather do it all themselves but don't know where to start. I'll be moving back to my hometown in IL soon and will be applying to graduate school for my Master's in Landscape Architecture and possibly double-majoring in Urban Planning as well. My aspiration is to become a professor at the college level and inspire people to become associated in some way with the Green Industry!
    oh realllly? I need to hire someone to do some more landscape work for mi backyard. got any recommendations?
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    jliu:
    illinoisgolf99:
    oh realllly? I need to hire someone to do some more landscape work for mi backyard. got any recommendations?
    Learn spanish, hire some mexicans, pocket the savings ;)
  • Options
    xmacro:
    jliu:
    illinoisgolf99:
    Learn spanish, hire some mexicans, pocket the savings ;)
    ahh. I have thought about going to the local Home Depot haha. sorry if that offends anyone on here... just sayin
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    jliu:
    illinoisgolf99:
    I'm not sure about anyone out there, but if you wanna trade my services for some cigars I'd be down!
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99:
    jliu:
    illinoisgolf99:
    I'm not sure about anyone out there, but if you wanna trade my services for some cigars I'd be down!
    haha thanks for the offer dude. but without having someone in person to see my back yard, it's a wee bit of a moot point.
  • Options
    WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    Firefighter/EMT in one of the Major cities here in USA. Politics aside/Salary aside it's one of the best jobs out there.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    very cool my father in law was a prof fireman in jersey city just retired a few years ago.he said the same thing
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Well as some of you know, I am a chiropractor that is 3 years out of school. So that means that I am still BROKE paying LOTS in student loans......LOL!!!!!! Only kidding, I love what I do, and wouldnt trade it for the world. It was a second career for me and I'm so glad I went back to school!
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    interrogator in the good ol' US Army.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    WaterDemon:
    Firefighter/EMT in one of the Major cities here in USA. Politics aside/Salary aside it's one of the best jobs out there.

+1!
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    Im a Professional Pirate at the moment.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmccartneydc:
    Well as some of you know, I am a chiropractor that is 3 years out of school. So that means that I am still BROKE paying LOTS in student loans......LOL!!!!!! Only kidding, I love what I do, and wouldnt trade it for the world. It was a second career for me and I'm so glad I went back to school!
    Matt, what did you do before bone cracking?
  • Options
    Toombes:
    WaterDemon:

+1!
    My brother is a paramedic in Ventura County, Ca. Damn we watched a lot of Emergency!!
  • Options
    Toombes:
    WaterDemon:

+1!
    My brother is a paramedic in Ventura County, Ca. Damn we watched a lot of Emergency!!
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Necro bump for all the newbies.

Here was my view from work Friday.
    We had a generator problem on one of the bridges.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.