Home Non Cigar Related
Options

so what do you do for a living.

Comments

• Options
    CigarFanaticCigarFanatic Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    I work for Merck as a systems process engineer specializing in fluid mechanics and dynamics. I mostly however do research at PSU for Merck because of the lab equipment and the proximity of the Merck Plant (Rahway NJ) to State College.

Simply put, I design a manufacturing process for a new drug that is cheaper, quicker, and more pure. 
    How do make this text turn upside down?
  • Options
    MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bert873 said:
    MikeTodd said:
    bert873 said:
    Physical Therapist at a skilled nursing facility. 
    @bert873 , it is nice to see someone else that is in the rehab world!
    @MikeTodd Yes definitely. How long have you been practicing?
    Only about a year and a half. You?
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    MikeTodd said:
    bert873 said:
    MikeTodd said:
    bert873 said:
    Physical Therapist at a skilled nursing facility. 
    @bert873 , it is nice to see someone else that is in the rehab world!
    @MikeTodd Yes definitely. How long have you been practicing?
    Only about a year and a half. You?
    3 years. Are you lymphadema certified? I've thought about doing it since no one else at my building has it but don't think I want to go through all the courses for it. 
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    @CigarFanatic we used to supply to Merck, retired from Corning.  Started for Costar in '76 they bought us in '96.  If you can't beat em, buy em.  Corning Life Science Division, or Corning LSD if you prefer.  If I had said that at a meeting, they would've been appalled.   They're really a telecom company, fiber, flat screen, cable, they even have environmental divisions making substrates for diesel emission.  No more coffee pots and cookware.  
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    YAY SHIZ for graduation soon!

I am an ocean engineer specializing in Autonomous Underwater Sex_Bots. It's very satisfying. It's a hard job, but I hope it will really thrust me into a long career. You can't just be a stiff, you have to really be jack of(f) all trades. You have to be ready to be on the bottom, in order to get to the top. :wink:
  • Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need councilors in Louisiana jim. 
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nolagizmo said:
    We need councilors in Louisiana jim. 
    One for the state should be fine ;)
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    ^ ^ You get to smoke on the job!  Oh man, that's a perk.
  • Options
    ChazMNChazMN Posts: 53 ✭✭
    So whats up with that first pic? Raft break loose? @Rhamlin

Also great view! :)
  • Options
    PastorJayPastorJay Posts: 72 ✭✭
    I work for the largest non-profit in the world...I'm a Pastor. But I'm not your "normal" pastor, thus I've been given the nickname the Pastor of Disaster. For example, at a wedding, folks were talking to my son about theological issues (church stuff) and when they needed help getting the keg tapped, they came to me. Love my God, my family, and my new friends here! 
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PastorJay said:
    And just so I can keep up with the jokes from @Guitarded, what's the difference between Baptists and Presbyterians?

Presbyterians will say "Hi" to you in the liquor store.  o:)
    LOL 
    I tried religion, gave it up when I found out is was a gateway to hard drugs. 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChazMN said:

That's from when somebody tried to do something he shouldn't have and crashed at a lock. 
  • Options
    CigarFanaticCigarFanatic Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    @Rhamlin;

From the pics, I assume you are a Captain? If so, do you captain ships around the world or just through dangerous channels?
    How do make this text turn upside down?
  • Options
    @Rhamlin;

From the pics, I assume you are a Captain? If so, do you captain ships around the world or just through dangerous channels?
    I'm a towboat captain on the inland rivers here in the US. Mississippi , Ohio and Illinois rivers. 
  • Options
    kswildcat said:
    Rhamlin said:
    ChazMN said:

That's from when somebody tried to do something he shouldn't have and crashed at a lock. 
    Was you drunk or looking at the bum of the week thread?
    Thank God that wasn't me. A buddy was on one of the rescue boats. 
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin said:
    I'm a towboat captain on the inland rivers here in the US. Mississippi , Ohio and Illinois rivers. 
    Give a toot and a wave when you pass St Louis next for me, will you?
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    For a while I had a collection of tourist apartments in Spain (sold that business November of last year) and I own a firm that provides management consulting services to boutique hotels and restaurants. Ideally I get to work with people who have money and interesting projects that just need some focus and creativity to build something really interesting and engaging... but sometimes I get to deal with complete morons who don't have a clue and won't listen to any of my advice.

http://www.hays-hospitality.com/
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Politics
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    Politics
    That explains a lot ;)
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    the pays not much but the job satisfaction must be through the roof!

• Options
    Bat-mastersonBat-masterson Posts: 62 ✭✭✭
    Own a Bread  route,  4-5 hours a day 5 days a week, but most time i pay a friend  that is out of work to run it.

Would like to sell it to him but he needs 50k down and the bakery wholesaler would loan him the rest.
  • Options
    NOGILLS2NOGILLS2 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin said:
    @Rhamlin;

I too was a towboat captain, actually worked for the same company as you, I am now in maritime education. Worked as an instructor for Houston Marine in Kenner, LA. Now I do curriculum development. I started in the New Orleans harbor back in 1972.
    I am a happy man. You have made me very grateful. For this is the very first time that the Crown Jewels have ever been adequately & deliriously praised by an unprejudiced person. Still it is the cigars' own fault that this is so for it is a cigar which excites envy & jealousy in the smoker because he knows & feels the truth of which you have said; that there is no other cigar that is just like it. There are cigars which resemble it but only in appearance, not in spirit & not in the ability to dare & do. There is no other cigar that can make a person want to go away & get by himself & think this life over & wonder if it is altogether worth while. I will send you some more when you get out. Let me know. Any man of fine intelligence who is acquainted with Crown Jewels prizes them above any other gems & saves them & hoards them. I gave Harry Rogers a box two years ago & he has them yet. Let me know when you are out.