Home Non Cigar Related

so what do you do for a living.

Comments

• johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to do survey work,until the company I worked for shut down. Now for about five years I've been a stay at home dad,hardest yet most rewarding job I've ever had.
    Props to all the MOM'S 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @johnnyB I don't envy you. That's harder than consumer electronics 
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I work for a data storage company; lots of hours, lots of opportunities to learn more every day. Both technology-wise and human nature-wise
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    I do nothing, absolutely nothing.
  • Devildog1Devildog1 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get to take people out for lunch, then drinks and cigars.  I sell electrical material and equipment. 
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    arts and crafts mostly my whole life with a 4-year stint as a high bush blueberry farm worker. Formerly a custom printer for a large formal portrait photography firm, small press specializing in small volume poetry using hand-set type and hand-made paper, theatrical scenery worker for Boston Opera and Boston Ballet with my scenic painter wife, currently a self-employed goldsmith.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes on the coffee, but the donut count is probably around 500
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've trucked around 11yrs (maybe 12 I lost count) and easily drank that much coffee (prolly threw half that much out cause tasted like filtered through dirty sock). . Prolly ate way more then 500 donuts lol.... 

All I know is it was a good thing I grew up in rural Kansas and had excellent LEO's  cause I was a tad  on the ornery side  o:)
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Occupational Therapy Assistant (equivalent to a PTA) working in a sub acute rehab/skilled nursing facility. I specialize in Aquatic therapy and Lymphedema therapy.
    Post edited by MikeTodd on
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kswildcat said:
    I sit in a seat, turn a wheel, and move a lever.Once in awhile if I see a kid arm pumping I get to pull this leather thingy and a loud noise happens
    My kids used to love pumping their arms on road trips when they were younger. Thanks for pulling that leather strap. 

I've worked in wireless network communications since before college, installing wireless links and climbing towers when I was younger and then doing tech support working for the radio manufacturers when my kid was born. Now that the kids are older, I'm out in the field again but in a smaller area and without climbing any more towers. I also get to play with the network routers, switches, and other gear. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Yakster said:
    kswildcat said:
    I sit in a seat, turn a wheel, and move a lever.Once in awhile if I see a kid arm pumping I get to pull this leather thingy and a loud noise happens
    My kids used to love pumping their arms on road trips when they were younger. Thanks for pulling that leather strap. 

I've worked in wireless network communications since before college, installing wireless links and climbing towers when I was younger and then doing tech support working for the radio manufacturers when my kid was born. Now that the kids are older, I'm out in the field again but in a smaller area and without climbing any more towers. I also get to play with the network routers, switches, and other gear. 
    @Yakster.. I was a ornery, snot nose lil chit that grew up next to the highway. Done my fair share of arm pumpin and still get a grin pulling that leather strap..

Extremely close to summin up my short pant years.

https://youtu.be/RdNMYPOIuT0
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭

I buy electrical items and let devildog1 take me out to lunch, have drinks, and smoke cigars.  Actually got him started into cigars on his company's golf trip when I told him to go pick up cigars for it.  The rest is history.

I am a Senior Project Manager for an Electrical Contractor in the St. Louis Area. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bert873 said:
    Physical Therapist at a skilled nursing facility. 
    @bert873 , it is nice to see someone else that is in the rehab world!
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MikeTodd said:
    bert873 said:
    Physical Therapist at a skilled nursing facility. 
    @bert873 , it is nice to see someone else that is in the rehab world!
    @MikeTodd Yes definitely. How long have you been practicing?
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I work for a non-profit organization that provides professional development to teachers across the county, primarily around the use of technology in the classroom. My role within the agency is a little different -- I provide technology infrastructure consultation for school districts. For example, I am helping 6 or 7 district deploy new wired and wireless solutions. 

-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."