Home Non Cigar Related
Options

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    To be honest, and I know my manhood shrinks a little everytime I say this but, I'm not a big Red Meat guy. I'd rather a nice piece of fish, but my wife is a huge red meat eater and not so much of a fish eater so we compromise from time to time.

McDonalds is terrible, for you and tasting! I however am I fan of the Wendy's premium fish sandwhich right now. Yum
  • Options
    rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    Nothing wrong with some good fish. I think that just about every man loves fish.
  • Options
    I think every man's favorite fish is a fish he caught!
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Can't argue with that. Nothing like a freshly caught bass straight off the grill.
  • Options
    Bass? Did you say Bass? mmmmm
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i know a fer guys that arent big into red meat. i dont htink less of them. i think its harder to be creative with red meat. if i want an interesting dish it is usually gunna be chicken, fish, or vegitarian.
  • Options
    I'm no chef but I enjoy cooking and I think the most creative dishes are vegetarian.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    madurofan:
    To be honest, and I know my manhood shrinks a little everytime I say this but, I'm not a big Red Meat guy. I'd rather a nice piece of fish, but my wife is a huge red meat eater and not so much of a fish eater so we compromise from time to time.
    Let me get this, um, straight: you prefer to eat fish, and your wife prefers to eat red meat. Does that strike anyone else as somehow, well, ideal?
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything, because I would've spit it all over the computer screen Urb! That is a bit.. ideal.. though, haha.
  • Options
    Today the wife and I had a bit of the Charles Shaw cab. yes good ol' two buck chuck. damn good wine for the price. It went well with dinner.
    Dinner was portabella mushroom caps stuffed with pasta. ... pasta of my own creation. Orzo and a light red sauce with mushrooms olives pistachios and green pepper. there was a bit of the wine IN the red sauce... that explains why it went so well with dinner.
  • Options
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    Let me get this, um, straight: you prefer to eat fish, and your wife prefers to eat red meat. Does that strike anyone else as somehow, well, ideal?
    again, all i can do is stand outside and shake my head.
  • Options
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    Classic urbi!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    Urbino, do ever let the chance just pass.. Pretty funny though..
  • Options
    Sure. Maddy was trying to talk me out of letting one pass, just the other day.
  • Options
    Big DeanBig Dean Posts: 120
    kuzi16:
    as strange as it sound, no i havent heard that. but now im looking forward to it.
    I just tried out the Imperial Dortmunder. It was very good and extremely well balanced. It cost 9.99 for a four pack. A little pricey, but I had to splurge. I'm pretty sure this is just going to be around for a couple of months to celebrate Great Lakes 20th anniversary. Kuzi, you'll probably want to try this one out. While you can.
  • Options
    urbino:
    Sure. Maddy was trying to talk me out of letting one pass, just the other day.
    Never let one pass I love your sense of humor!
  • Options
    Last night I had a Sierra Nevada Sumemrfest with a NUB Habano. Excellent pairing, the slight sweetness of the Summerfest offset the full-bodied spiciness of the Habano. I'll do that again FOR SURE!
  • Options
    i have yet to try the Sierra Nevada. there is a word on the street that applebees is going to carry it. im sure ill try it if that is true.
  • Options
    My Applebee's already has them. :-P
  • Options
    Sh*t no that was Fridays I think. or Atlas? Hell I can't keep those places apart.
  • Options
    They are good though, give em a shot. You ever had an Anchor Steam kuzi?
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I think with all these Applebees employees. some meal certificates are in order. Hint, Hint
  • Options
    i cant promise anything... but ill see what i can do.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    HAHA! that can be kuzi's 1000 post prize, two $10 gift certificates to Applebees. lol
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    kuzi16:
    HAHA! that can be kuzi's 1000 post prize, two $10 gift certificates to Applebees. lol
    In the words of kuzi " Hmmmm.." sound good ..
  • Options
    After all this talk of kuzi's 1000th, I suspect he has something in store that will make my little token seem like nothin.
  • Options
    It does sound like he's got quite a prize cooked up. Reckon he'll have Ed McMahon deliver it?
  • Options
    urbino:
    It does sound like he's got quite a prize cooked up. Reckon he'll have Ed McMahon deliver it?
    Perhaps he will rent the Oscar Meyer Wiener Wagon repaint it to look like a cigar and deliver the prize personally !!
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    kuzi16:
    im not that cheap. the main part of my prize is more expensive than that. But on that note, it isnt about how much it costs. its about how much enjoyment the person is going to get out of it. Im not going overboard though. id do about the same for any of my friends.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    urbino:
    Perhaps he will rent the Oscar Meyer Wiener Wagon repaint it to look like a cigar and deliver the prize personally !!
    im not that rich either.

... closer to the applebees gift cards.