Home Non Cigar Related

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'm sure whoever wins it will appreciate it as much as we appreciate you around here kuzi. As far as I'm concerned, I think we ought to be bombing you with cigars for your 1000th as well as for the great info contained in those posts... just my two cents there, but if you were to send me your address It'd be my pleasure to send out a congratulatory package.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I'm sure whoever wins it will appreciate it as much as we appreciate you around here kuzi. As far as I'm concerned, I think we ought to be bombing you with cigars for your 1000th as well as for the great info contained in those posts... just my two cents there, but if you were to send me your address It'd be my pleasure to send out a congratulatory package.
    I said the very same thing a few weeks ago. The information shared and gathered is reward enough for me.. We should be hitting both you and Maddy for all that we learned from you both.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Well said j0z3r. I agree. On another note, i Didn't realize that Kuzi was getting so close to his 1000th. I will have to watch real close for his contest to come up.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I think a bunch of us agreed that was a good idea, back when you suggested it, kas. IIRC, kuzi and maddy shot it down.
    urbino:
    I think a bunch of us agreed that was a good idea, back when you suggested it, kas. IIRC, kuzi and maddy shot it down.
    They did indeed in what could have been a very ugly situation had we pressed the issue ..Noble men that they are givers not takers..
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    you guys....

makin me blush.

not really.

i mean...if you want to send me cigars "just cause" i wont turn em down. the problem with that is i cant just do nothing about it. id HAVE to send something back.

still, dont send me cigars. my humis are bursting as is. My goal of smoking down the humis is not going well. i keep buying things. I dont need your help in failure. with any luck i can unload a bit on whoever wins the contest. hmmm. i guess it depends on the size of the box im gunna use and how much room the other part of the prize takes up. (im not sure because i dont have it in my hands yet)
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    I said the very same thing a few weeks ago. The information shared and gathered is reward enough for me.. We should be hitting both you and Maddy for all that we learned from you both.
    I'm just a smart@ss who likes to argue don't know how much you've actually learned form me ;). Anyways kuzi is the big dog on this here forum, I'll throw in on any 1000th post congrats bomb that is put together for him. Of course it will be more RP's to add to his growing collection :). Guess if his humi's full I can make a new tupperdor for him :)
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    So far today I've had some Diet Coke(tm)... My friend is supposed to come over later and teach me about scotch... I'm so F'in EXCITED!!! I'll teach him about cigars, and he'll teach me about scotch... good trade!
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Your friend gets the better end of that deal ;)

Someone tried to introduce me to Scotch once... I took a whiff and went into convulsions..... a few minutes later I got the courage to touch it to my lips, and I went into convulsions again (no joke). I prefer to drink a good rum (Pyrat XO Reserve) or a good tequila (Herradura Anejo)... unchilled glass, no ice.
    dutyje:

Someone tried to introduce me to Scotch once... I took a whiff and went into convulsions..... a few minutes later I got the courage to touch it to my lips, and I went into convulsions again (no joke). I prefer to drink a good rum (Pyrat XO Reserve) or a good tequila (Herradura Anejo)... unchilled glass, no ice.

Not the Best end of the deal... since he has no idea about cigars he doesn't need the best right away. We'll see though what he picks from my humi
    Lasabar:
    dutyje:

Not the Best end of the deal... since he has no idea about cigars he doesn't need the best right away. We'll see though what he picks from my humi
    If that friend goes for the prized cigars just say " no, you really wouldn't like that one here try this ( 5 Vegas ) I tell everyone Start here..
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Lasabar:
    dutyje:

If that friend goes for the prized cigars just say " no, you really wouldn't like that one here try this ( 5 Vegas ) I tell everyone Start here..
    HAHA! that sounds exactly like me kas, i actually did pretty much the exact same thing. My buddy was reaching for a Rocky Patel and I said "NO!", slapped his hand and put a 5 Vegas in it. He only smoked 2 inches of it and quit, so I made the wise choice.
    My only problem is that if he DOES get into cigars then I may be in trouble and would owe him a good cigar in the future... for I know that he will be brining some great scotch
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    Lasabar:
    dutyje:

HAHA! that sounds exactly like me kas, i actually did pretty much the exact same thing. My buddy was reaching for a Rocky Patel and I said "NO!", slapped his hand and put a 5 Vegas in it. He only smoked 2 inches of it and quit, so I made the wise choice.
    This friend will never become a cigar lover if he quit the 5 vega.. It taste great for all levels of cigar smokers.. If he wasted one of my favored Rocky's I would be slow to share in the future.
    Lasabar:
    dutyje:

The same could be said of Scotch, though. A longtime Scotch-drinker's favorite Scotch might very well taste awful to a newbie. In fact, it might've tasted awful to that very same longtime Scotch-drinker when he was a newbie.
    today:
    just a charles shaw cab
    I picked up a bottle of WIld Turkey today. Its a new blend with a hint of honey INteresting, I think I'm going to try it with a Sol Cubano Sumatra tomorrow!
    tonight:
    way too much Bass Ale. very good on tap. not so great in a bottle.
    I hope i didnt mess up all the posts i just made. it WAS way too much Bass...
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    tonight:
    way too much Bass Ale. very good on tap. not so great in a bottle.
    I hope i didnt mess up all the posts i just made. it WAS way too much Bass...
    Now would be a good time to grade your 1000th post contest then. LOL

I agree though, Bass is much better on tap, just like Guiness. I especially like those two mixed together. Mmmmmm, I love a good black and tan.
    tonight i will be drinking Strongbow Hard cidar. Ive never had it before so it could be an adventure. Ill be sharing this cider wih my neighbors while sitting around a fire in my back yard. does life get better than this?
    I doubt it.
    kuzi16:
    tonight i will be drinking Strongbow Hard cidar. Ive never had it before so it could be an adventure. Ill be sharing this cider wih my neighbors while sitting around a fire in my back yard. does life get better than this?
    I doubt it.
    the Strongbow reminded me too much of very light beer with an apple taste. it dindt have the roundness that a woodchucks does. If you find woodchucks hard cider a bit overpowering then try the Strongbow
    kuzi16:
    kuzi16:
    I doubt it.
    the Strongbow reminded me too much of very light beer with an apple taste. it dindt have the roundness that a woodchucks does. If you find woodchucks hard cider a bit overpowering then try the Strongbow
    Strongbow is an authentic English Cider. I drank it from time to time when I lived in London, haven't tried it here as nothing tastes quite right after it makes its way over the pond. Guiness is still good here but its much better ther and even better in Ireland :). A Guiness a day keeps the doctor away!
    im sure the taste is changed by the temp changes in cargo on the flight over... or in the cargo hold of some ship. i doubt that the temp controll is all that great.
    That and most of the time the stuff is bottled here and extra preservatives are added.

Speaking of preservatives, the reason Italian wine is so much better in Italy is that there are no preservatives, my mom(who lives there) once tried to relay this to an Italian enoteca(wine shoppe) owner. He proceeded to throw her out of his store. Aparently preservativo in Italian means condom. So in Italian my mother told the guy that Americans put condoms in their wine.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Haha. Crazy Western customs!
    That's hilarious.
    today im drinking Bell's Porter. Its very rich as a good porter should be. i think it picks up a bit too much coffee as it warms up but all in all worth a try if you like a dark beer.
    Last night I had a very good Toscano Red straight from a family farm in Tuscany, Italy. Ah I love real Italian wine.
    ive got a few bottles of french wine im holding on to. My brother got them from france when he lived there a few years back. I almost dont wanna drink em. almost.

... that IS what they are for ya know.
    French wine ages very well, most Italian does not. If someone gives you a bottle of Italian from Italy drink immediately. Unless its something real high.