Options

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I represent that comment, ... I think
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    That stuff about Britney Spears in another thread has got me thinking I'd sure go for a Pepsi tonight instead of the beer & tequila
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Dude. If what that ad makes you want is a Pepsi, there's something wrong with you.
  • Options
    All I know is, it made my mouth water.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    tonight im drinkng Pinot Grisio from Mackinaw Trail winery. very good and crisp with an almost pear taste to it. Too bad its a 9 hour drive to get more. Maybe theyll ship to my house....
  • Options
    DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
    mmmm wine that sounds like something i need to try
  • Options
    its out of a small town in the U.P. called Manistique ( i think thats how you spell it... Its on rt 2 about an hour west of the Mighty Mac
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    tonight im drinkng Pinot Grisio from Mackinaw Trail winery. very good and crisp with an almost pear taste to it. Too bad its a 9 hour drive to get more. Maybe theyll ship to my house....
    Due to the complexity of alcohol transportations various state laws Macinaw Trail Winery only ships to Michigan addresses.
  • Options
    DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
    aaah booo
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    kuzi16:
    Due to the complexity of alcohol transportations various state laws Macinaw Trail Winery only ships to Michigan addresses.
    thats too bad. their white ibus is also amazing. ...not to mention the pinot noir
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    kaspera79:
    kuzi16:
    thats too bad. their white ibus is also amazing. ...not to mention the pinot noir
    MMMM pinot noir!
  • Options
    I've taken a liking to Nero D'Avolo lately.
  • Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    Is there anyone here in Mich...then they can ship it to you. There may be some legalities to that but its worth a try. Anyone in PA...I need Yuengling when I get home!
  • Options
    You can't get Yuengling in GA? We get it here in VA and I've had in NC. I did ask for it in New Orleans last week though and got an odd look.
  • Options
    i dont have it in ohio. i drive 45 min east to the oh pa line and i can get it no prob.
  • Options
    WTF! Thats retarded.
  • Options
    its ok. my wife drives into PA often. her job has her go there alot.

not a big deal anyway, ive been on a porter kick.
  • Options
    Have you had Yuengling Porter?
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Bad Andy:
    Is there anyone here in Mich...then they can ship it to you. There may be some legalities to that but its worth a try. Anyone in PA...I need Yuengling when I get home!
    I believe Capt. is from the great state of Michigan.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    no, only the lager and the black and tan. but a Yuengling porter could be great. Ill have my wife pick up a case next time shes out. ...I still have to go through the case of Sam Adams Honey porter and the Sam adams Black Lagar.

i cant help it. beer is good.
  • Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    Can't get Yuengling in GA. I mostly get it when my mom comes down from NC, she usually brings me a case. It's in NC, SC, Tenn, FL but not GA. They took over the old Stroh's brewery in Tampa a few years ago so we should have it. I've only had the Lager, if I could get my hands on the other stuff i would try it.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I had a rich and toasty dark beer that my brother home-brewed and has on TAP at his house... it was a party so I didn't get to ask what style it was

But I DID get to ask about his Belgium wheat ale... that was delicious... the only downfall is the tapping system is a little off. VERY carbonated beer (Either him or the system was off) but nonetheless tasty!

Too bad no cigar was involved :(
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    no, only the lager and the black and tan. but a Yuengling porter could be great. Ill have my wife pick up a case next time shes out. ...I still have to go through the case of Sam Adams Honey porter and the Sam adams Black Lagar.

i cant help it. beer is good.
    If you're on Porter kick ol' Yuengling might be new fave its heavy and dark. Do you like the Sammy Honey Porter? I don't. THe Black Lager though thats the deal right there.
  • Options
    tonight im drinking barefoot pinot grisio. its a bit on the cheap side and it tastes a bit cheap, but as far as a $5 bottle goes, i cant complain. Decent apple thing goin on.
  • Options
    Miller Genuine Draft in a can... that's what one of the guys on the hockey team brought to the game. Now that I'm home, I've cracked open a Schlitz. Running low, need to run to the store and pick up another case .. should cost about $10 :)
  • Options
    Geez I bought a 6 pk of Guiness last night ... that almost cost me $10.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    Geez I bought a 6 pk of Guiness last night ... that almost cost me $10.
    MGD is close to water

Guiness is close to bread.

try eating MGD with a fork.
  • Options
    My step-father spent a good chunk of his life in England. A good chunk of the time he lived there he rented from an elderly lady. This elderly lady would have a Guiness everyday for lunch. That was her entire lunch, she'd wander into the pub and drink a guiness. Arthur woulda been proud.
  • Options
    An old female professor would come to the bar I worked at in college every day during the summer. She'd just hold up a finger, and you'd serve up bourbon on the rocks, and a tall glass of ice water. She'd put the bourbon down in three sips, then sip on the ice water for about 5 minutes. Then she'd hold up a finger and you'd serve her a fresh bourbon on the rocks. After 3 or 4 of these, she'd settle up and leave. That was her lunch.
  • Options
    Nice ...