Home Non Cigar Related

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Yea Yuengling light is not there best offering. Have you had the regular Yuengling or Yuengling Porter?
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    SacNick:
    Does anyone dip their cigars in Cognac?
    I don't like to dip my cigars, but I sure do like to drink the Cognac with the cigar.

Keep the cognac on the side. Dipping will make your stick too wet (Your cigar, OK wiseass?). This might have been a good practice back when it was common for cigars to be too dry due to poor storage and handling because of a lack of merchants who cared about them.

Yeungling? I have a hard time seeing why people get excited about this beer. It's decent enough, but hardly stands out from the crowd. If it's the best choice on the menu, I'll have an iced tea. My favorite brew (other than my homebrew) for this time of year is Troeg's Sunshine Pils.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    madurofan:
    Yea Yuengling light is not there best offering. Have you had the regular Yuengling or Yuengling Porter?
    Nope. This was my first Yuengling experience. It was a useful reminder of just how good Abita Light is.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    yuengling...mmmm...I got 2 cases for the cookout tomorrow.

for the winos...I found some good Syrahs from Chile and Argentinia that were great...worth the a try if thats your thing.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    yueingling is great, the porter is great, the black and tan is great. The light is very bland. Tonight was Sam Adams summer ale.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Went to a Habachi grill last night and sampled their Japanese beer. Started with an Asahi, then a Kirin Ichiban (which was the best of the three), then finished with a Sapporo.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    vankleekkw:
    Went to a Habachi grill last night and sampled their Japanese beer. Started with an Asahi, then a Kirin Ichiban (which was the best of the three), then finished with a Sapporo.
    Then it is appropriately named since ichiban is Japanese for ..The best.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I had 100oz. of Miller Lite... Miller stands for the ancient German word for "Loudmouth Soup"
    Lasabar:
    I had 100oz. of Miller Lite... Miller stands for the ancient German word for "Loudmouth Soup"
    Exactly 100oz???? Did someone participate in a Century Club?
    vankleekkw:
    Lasabar:
    Exactly 100oz???? Did someone participate in a Century Club?
    No...? But I AM interested in what a Century club is?

But in all reality I just had one 16oz. Miller left over and then proceeded to drink a 6pack of 12oz. plus 1 more 12oz'er in addition to that. So just 100oz.

But Do tell about this "Century Club"
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Hour of Power = 1 shot of beer, every minute, on the minute, for 60 minutes
    Century Club = Same thing, but for 100 minutes
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Not much of a drinker, per say... This morning we drank some Tanzania Peaberry, freshly roasted last night before bed.

Nice coffee, but alas I had nothing but a store bought cheap cigar to pass the time.

it has been raining lightly outside this morning... seems fitting
    The Power Hous is difficult, but most can overcome this feat.

The century club is reserved for a select few that attempt this. While you say that 8 1/3 beers in an hour and a half is not that bad, most can not complete the task. To be a true member of the century club, you MUST drink an ounce every minute. You can not take a break and then catch up.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    my belly wont hold that much liquid.
    kuzi16:
    my belly wont hold that much liquid.
    My Liver hates me... But I just look down at it and utter this phrase...

"Big Players, Make Big Plays, In Big Games"

Then my Liver is ready to go!
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    My liver is a proud member of the century club. His name? Big Game James.
    tonight i had a few (6) sam adams irish red.
    Climbed Stone Mountain (NC) today.. haven't been out on the rock since Colorado. Nice weather. Overcast skies which made the South Facing rock very pleasant. 550 ft vertical, then we rapped back down and climbed it again. I always like to follow a day on the rock with some Schlitz. Today was no different.
    kuzi, that is easily the best Irish Red on the market IMHO.

doody, is there anythign you don't like to follow up with Schlitz?
    madurofan:
    doody, is there anythign you don't like to follow up with Schlitz?
    hmmm.. may need to get back to you on that one
    madurofan:
    kuzi, that is easily the best Irish Red on the market IMHO.
    the BEST?
    thats a bold statement. Ill ahve to go out and drink more reds to test this theory.

i think i can handle it.
    I think it is the best. I did have a home brew once that was better but not even that guy has been able to make it again, so I'll say Sammie's is the best.
    im not disagreeing with you. i havent really broken down to the "irish red" catagory yet though. you are just giving me excuse to drink more good beer. I MUST EXPLORE!!

it actually may be a while. Im still on the porter kick. I only got this because i had friends who dont like porters heading over.
    Did you ever get ahold of the Yuengling porter?
    nope. the wife hasnt been out that way in quite a while. next time she does ill have her pick some up.
    I can bring some to Kuzipalooza
    Sounds like a plan doody. I see kuzi still refuses to acknowledge kuzipalooza
    i still dont know when itll even happen.
    doody has a pretty exact date kuzi. He's coming through your neck of the woods.
    how come i didnt know about this?

man, take one week of vacation and miss EVERYTHING.