Home Non Cigar Related
Options

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Its middle of december I think. Anyways that was the real reason for kuziapolooza
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    I'll re-post the details tonight.. they're somewhere on this forum :)
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    Its middle of december I think.
    ... better hope for some global warming. that is well out of "smoking season" here and well into "lake effect snow season"

then again the local shop wouldnt mind if its snowing one bit.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    Its middle of december I think.
    ... better hope for some global warming. that is well out of "smoking season" here and well into "lake effect snow season"

then again the local shop wouldnt mind if its snowing one bit.
    Your attic fair well in a snow storm?
  • Options
    it does. i just dont see the wife letting a random group of guys all smoke cigars in the attic. if you wanna get technical I cant smoke in the attic. I do, but at great risk to my life.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Maybe if you had a posse, you could be more assertive.
  • Options
    urbino:
    just because i have 4 people with me doesnt mean the police will be ok with me robbing a bank.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    urbino:
    just because i have 4 people with me doesnt mean the police will be ok with me robbing a bank.
    It all likelihood you are endangering not only your life, but ours as well. I assume. Do we actually have great reason to fear you wife? Or is it mostly just talk?
  • Options
    in all seriousness...

we do have a no smoking rule in the house. I have brought up the idea of a poker night with my friends and we play in the attic.. open the wiindows and run fans so we can smoke cigars and we discussed it at length. we decided that it would not happen.
    trying to persway me to break my own house rules wont really work.
  • Options
    Oh I'm with you on the no smoking in the house. There is a firm no smoking rule in my house and its MY rule. My wife would smoke in the house if i was ok with it. I put too much work into rehabing my house for all that sweat equity to be wasted bc the house wreaks like smoke. I was just teasing about the attic. However I was slightly curious if your wife is actually a fear-inspiring woman.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    urbino:
    But it does give you 4x the firepower when the shootin' starts.
  • Options
    she can inspire fear. ...but not in me. i understand her too well to be afraid.
  • Options
    Sounds to me like that attic is the spot, then.

And with that, I'm signing off for a while. I've been at work for 26 hours straight. I'm going home, taking a nap, having a seegar, & generally being lazy.
  • Options
    id rather have it in the back yard anyway.

fire pit.

need i say more?
    the local shop isnt too bad either. If we hold it there there is a good chance i can get some discount on cigars. plus they have a good lounge. good people in that place.
  • Options
    You call the shots bossman .. we'll show either way.
  • Options
    I tried 2 beers early today...just wasn't doing it or me. So I moved to my goto drink, Crown and Sweet Tea (yes, really) and it has hit the spot as my first drink back home. Can't wait to watch my Gators put it on Miami tonite while drinking it and smoking a cigar.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    she can inspire fear. ...but not in me. i understand her too well to be afraid.
    She is a redhead if I remember right...I feel your pain.
  • Options
    tonight the wife and i had some Sauvignon Blanc from Charles Shaw. this was a great wine for the Tilapia and avacado tacos that we made.

yum
  • Options
    Whats this .. Tilapia and avocado tacos? My mouth is watering.
  • Options
    tonight out with my wife (celabrating two years married) we had grey goose gimlets. basicly it was grey goose and lime juice. Freakin great.
  • Options
    Congrats
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    tonight out with my wife (celabrating two years married) we had grey goose gimlets. basicly it was grey goose and lime juice. Freakin great.
    Congrats Kuzi!

I'm celebrating 12 hours sober tonight over some pitchers of Miller Lite again...
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Congrats! hmmm, grey goose sounds good.. I'm currently having some Bombay blue sapphire gin on the rocks!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    kuzi16:
    Congrats kuzi! hmmm, grey goose sounds good.. I'm currently having some Bombay blue sapphire gin on the rocks!
  • Options
    Attaboy! (I used to enjoy a Hangar gimlet, but it's been a while.)
  • Options
    Congratulations, Kuzi! But I thought a Gimlet used Rose's Lime Juice. In fact, I'm sure of that.

Lasabar:
    I'm celebrating 12 hours sober tonight over some pitchers of Miller Lite again...
    LOL!!
  • Options
    Hey congrats kuzi, I'm coming up on a year.
  • Options
    dutyje:
    Congratulations, Kuzi! But I thought a Gimlet used Rose's Lime Juice. In fact, I'm sure of that.

im not sure if roses is a requirement. i looked it up online and many had that listed but most just said lime.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    dutyje:

im not sure if roses is a requirement. i looked it up online and many had that listed but most just said lime.
    I'm pretty sure that if I were a bartender and somebody ordered a gimlet, and I gave them gin and regular lime juice, they'd go phobicsquirrel on my ass ;) (just kidding but I wanted to get that in there!)

If you're going to use lime juice, you would typically splash in a touch of bar syrup to sweeten things up. Many bartenders will toss in a bit of sour mix instead as their go-to sweetener for everything. Incidentally, a gimlet made with fresh-squeezed lime juice and some simple syrup tastes very different from (and much better than) the Rose's lime, although most bars I've been to just use Rose's, and I know that's what we used where I worked, back in the day.
  • Options
    dutyje:
    kuzi16:
    dutyje:

I'm pretty sure that if I were a bartender and somebody ordered a gimlet, and I gave them gin and regular lime juice, they'd go phobicsquirrel on my ass ;) (just kidding but I wanted to get that in there!)

If you're going to use lime juice, you would typically splash in a touch of bar syrup to sweeten things up. Many bartenders will toss in a bit of sour mix instead as their go-to sweetener for everything. Incidentally, a gimlet made with fresh-squeezed lime juice and some simple syrup tastes very different from (and much better than) the Rose's lime, although most bars I've been to just use Rose's, and I know that's what we used where I worked, back in the day.
    im almost 100% sure it was fresh lime. this drink was awesome. plus, the bill for dinner was 126 and change. it was great food. I had Chilian sea bass cooked with rock shrimp, shitaki mushrooms, and miso. the wife had sun dried tomato crusted grouper. seriously doubt they used roses mix.

tonight in continued celebration, we are opening the last bottle of one of our favorite wines: Barton & Guestier Sauvignon Blanc, 2003 Bordeaux.

this had been a regular in our wine selection for a year or two before we got married. the week we did we went to the store to get some more and found that it was on clearance and was going to be discontinued. we bought the last case. this is the last bottle out of that case. Whites tend not to age well and it may be just past its peak. much like cigars though, it was made to be consumed. it looks good in the bottle but i get no joy from looking at it, just from drinking it. I hope i can find this wine again somewhere.