Home Non Cigar Related
Options

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    madurofan:
    French wine ages very well, most Italian does not. If someone gives you a bottle of Italian from Italy drink immediately. Unless its something real high.
    Again, you guys make me wish I could drink wine. Even reading your discussion of it gives me a headache, though. The nearest I get to wine is in veal or chicken marsala.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    you dont do well with sulfates?
  • Options
    Is that what it is, kuz? All I know is every time I drink wine, I get a terrific headache.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    urbino:
    Is that what it is, kuz? All I know is every time I drink wine, I get a terrific headache.
    Man #1: How's your headache?

Man #2: Terrific!
  • Options
    urbino:
    wine in general, but especially red wines, are what i call "dirty alcahol." meaning there are alot of sugars and sulfates and tannens and other things besides the actual alcahol and water. its all this junk, especially the sugars, that promote hangover and headach. if you drink very high end vodka youll have less of a hangover than if you drink the equivalent of low end vodka. why? its more pure.

im sure you are talking more of an immediate headach than a hangover and i think that is because of sulfates, but dont take my word for it. how do you do with white wine? that has fewer or no sulfates
  • Options
    Yeah, not a hangover. Just an immediate headache. It's something wine specifically has that whiskey, which is also dirty alcohol, doesn't. I've always blamed it on the tannins, but that's just a guess.

White wine is not as bad. So maybe it's the sulfates.
  • Options
    magic hat. its just good.
  • Options
    again with the magic hat...

i also had a vanilla bean porter. ive had it before at this very bar, but this time it tasted off. it was bottem of the keg beer. last time it was great. this time it was so so.
  • Options
    tonight i had some Sam Adams irish red. Quite good. I also had some SA honey porter. I found it fery good but also verry filling.

on a side note, I had the best smore that i have ever had in my life. it was amazing.
  • Options
    tonight i was drinkin arrogant bastar ale on tap. its so much better on tap than out of a bottle. the floral and citrus note in the finish is what gets me every time.

and at $2 a pint, you cant go wrong. i love happy hour at that bar. (72 beers on tap)
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Nice kuzi, I haven't seen AB on tap anywhere I've been, but I'm always looking for it as I like it quite a lot. I probably should go to the brewery, its only about an hour south of me.
  • Options
    nice. that close and nowhere has it on tap ... thats kinda strange. Its a good beer even out of the bottle but when its out of the keg like that, its a different level.

i didnt like stones porter very much and the double *** was not quite as flavorful as the original but all in all they put out quality beers.
  • Options
    right now im drinkng sam adams honey porter. quite good. later tonight im not so sure. a friend is having his birthday party at a bar so... ill just have to wait and see whats there.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    right now im drinkng sam adams honey porter. quite good. later tonight im not so sure. a friend is having his birthday party at a bar so... ill just have to wait and see whats there.
    it turns out that this bar was not much for beer on tap. who knew? the only beer they had that i had any respect for was sam adams light. for a light beer its good but i need more to a beer than that. Im on a porter kick. I was kinda screwed in thqat department. I had to go with a vanilla stoli and coke.
    not my favorite, but it got the job done.
  • Options
    so... am i the only one here that drinks?

tonight i went to my favorite bar. i had three beers.
    1) breckenridge vanilla bean porter. great porter. a hint of vanilla that shows up early in the taste with a nutty finish. delish!!
    2) Edmund Fitzgerald Porter from greatr lakes brewing co. this porter has a good amout of coffee to it. its a bit on the hopsy side but great.
    3)Old leg humper from thirsty dog brewing co. this was between the other two but with a great floral hopsy taste. this may be one of my all time favorite porters now.

try it!!
  • Options
    DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
    today i had Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat a great beer made in Wisconsin! if you all ever want to try something different this would be the beer
  • Options
    I didn't drink anything to speak of today. But I did stop on the way home yesterday and buy a bottle of Woodford Reserve. A very reliable standby, it's probably been my main bourbon for the past few years.
  • Options
    DiasFlak:
    today i had Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat a great beer made in Wisconsin! if you all ever want to try something different this would be the beer
    that is a great beer. Its one of my wifes favorites actually. it was one of my favorites too but im kinda getting over the belgian style wheat ales.
  • Options
    i can under stand that if you have too much it gets old quick! bu i feel like alot of people don't know about it and should
  • Options
    MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    Wild Turkey I'll have a shot or three after dinner......I wish Oklahoma would go 6. on there beer that 3.2 is like water....no it is water
  • Options
    coke i actually enjoy coke with most cigars i have had.
  • Options
    tonight i has some bass ale after work with some friends. Its my bar standby. Most bars have it and its usually the best they have on tap. I could drink it all night long... but i wont. I have to work early tomorrow.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    More magic hat last night. I'm thinking some Wild Turkey American Honey tonight. I'm liking this stuff with a nice cigar. The sweetness offsets a spicy cigar nicely.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Last night.. Schlitz.. night before that, Schlitz... tonight, Herradura Anejo, neat and a 22-oz draft of Dos Equis Amber
  • Options
    Schlitz really? The bull?
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    dutyje:
    Last night.. Schlitz.. night before that, Schlitz... tonight, Herradura Anejo, neat and a 22-oz draft of Dos Equis Amber
    I'm glad you switched over to Dos Equis, I was beginning to worry for you. That is one of my regular Mexican beers.. It is my neighbors favorite so I always keep some on hand for his visits. He thinks I like it so he buys more. Now I am hooked. Still I do enjoy them.
  • Options
    I like Dos Equis as well though I typically drink the Green with a twist.
  • Options
    Not Schlitz with the bull

Schlitz with the bull (Schlitz Malt Liquor) is horrible. Proper Schlitz (The Beer That Made Milwaukee Famous..... Brewed with Just the Kiss of the Hops) has been my beer of choice since 1996. I hear it's making a comeback, which makes me cool and trendy... I you want to know what's going to be cool 12 years from now, just ask me :)

Should make all my Schlitz memorabilia much more valuable, too :)
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I once heard a comment that went something like... I'm so far out of style , I'm finally back in style. Make sense to anyone?
  • Options
    That's me :)