Home General Discussion

What did you get today?

Comments

• NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    @Cam_91 You could have some of those ^ But you like buying shoes like my wife. Let's see your purse collection....

Except with shoes they go up in value. I sold a pair of Jordan’s for $1,400 last year. Bought for $150

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NorCalR1 said:

@VegasFrank said:
    @Cam_91 You could have some of those ^ But you like buying shoes like my wife. Let's see your purse collection....

Except with shoes they go up in value. I sold a pair of Jordan’s for $1,400 last year. Bought for $150

BFD. You could have bought GameStop stock instead like a man

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.

@VegasFrank said:

@NorCalR1 said:

@VegasFrank said:

Lol I do only a small amount.
    I’m pretty well diversified from precious metals to cannabis.

• Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

@NorCalR1 said:

@VegasFrank said:

Didn’t know buying stonks with a bunch of millennials on Reddit was a grown man move. I’ll take this ROI instead

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cam_91 said:

@VegasFrank said:
    Air jordan golf shoes? You should have paid for lessons instead of shoes.

Do you remember my introduction to this forum? Addictive personality? I’m no quitter, burn baby burn

Damn, you're almost as bad as my Wife.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

Oh Francis... us kids call it “doubling up”

So you wore one and didn't wear one?

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.

Shoe game is profitable AF been in it since 2000. Has its own market tracker which @Cam_91 posted. Sports card market is another. I’m sitting on 3 Jordan Rookies from 1986.

I used to be in the card game. Then I decided I wanted a car and sold all of my cards.

@VegasFrank said:
    I used to be in the card game. Then I decided I wanted a car and sold all of my cards.

Bernie Koser rookie cards?
    Willie Mays Hayes?
    Tim Couch?
    Johnny Manziel?
    Brandon Weeden?
    Brady Quinn?

Lol. I collected until 94. It really blew up in 90 with upper deck and then it blew up again in 93 or 94 with all of the **** inserts that you couldn't keep up with. Now my card collection is very specialized. I do actually have every Cleveland Browns card ever produced up through the year 2000, to include special and local sets. The crown Jewel of that collection is probably the Jim Brown rookie.

edited March 2021

That’s a sweet card have you gotten it graded? My Jordans are my Crown Jewels. The card market has become crazy of late with SP cards ( short print) fetching large sums of money.

@VegasFrank said:
    So you wore one and didn't wear one?

Yessir! Rock one stock one. I feel you on the selling it part, problem is I ALWAYS regret it. So I stopped selling a couple years ago. Having the baby makes it tempting tho.

For the cards, all you need is the right one in the right condition to hit big. Think lebron’s rookie CLE w/ jersey swatch was in the news for bank recently

@NorCalR1 said:
    That’s a sweet card have you gotten it graded? My Jordans are my Crown Jewels. The card market has become crazy of late with SP cards ( short print) fetching large sums of money.

No. I decided in 94 that the things I keep I keep only for my personal enjoyment, and I'm not going to either spend big money on anything or worry about chasing big money.

@VegasFrank said:

@NorCalR1 said:

No. I decided in 94 that the things I keep I keep only for my personal enjoyment, and I'm not going to either spend big money on anything or worry about chasing big money.

I do it not for the money as they are in my PC ( Personal collection) but for insurance purposes. Creates a living record of your cards. Also keep records, photos and certs for all my memorabilia.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WaterNerd said:
    I blame Frank @VegasFrank for this one. More Cowbell and Mexican Hot Chocolate from CF.

Did they at least tell you which is which?

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,836 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

@peter4jc said:

@WaterNerd said:
    I blame Frank @VegasFrank for this one. More Cowbell and Mexican Hot Chocolate from CF.

Should be easy. One tastes like hot chocolate while the other is noisy.

I always wondered if they know what their giving you or if it’s some moody teens throwing stuff in a box for $8 and hour.

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,836 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

I ordered a couple singles to try

• VisionVision Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

Order came in today. 10 cigars in paper bundle. Not posting photos as they were chucked in a box with 2 air pillows and zero humidification..... not a good outcome for 5 of 10.... when you’re looking forward to going straight Frank on one and just end up being disappointed.
    (The joke is zero setup.... knock it down)

@deadman said:

@peter4jc said:

@WaterNerd said:

Should be easy. One tastes like hot chocolate while the other is noisy.

I always wondered if they know what their giving you or if it’s some moody teens throwing stuff in a box for $8 and hour.

MHC is in the cello