Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You throw a SoCa herf all day erry day
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    ..... So, my question to you is: What happens when you outgrow your beer fridge?......
    Get a second fridge .... drink faster .... start sending out "beer" bombs
    :-)

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    bandyt09:
    ..... So, my question to you is: What happens when you outgrow your beer fridge?......
    Yes drink alot faster.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    This is one problem I don't have. I drink the stuff as fast as I get it. Anytime I pick up something new, I can't hold off drinking it up almost immediately.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    This is one problem I don't have. I drink the stuff as fast as I get it. Anytime I pick up something new, I can't hold off drinking it up almost immediately.
    There is stuff in there that's a couple years old, I guess I buy my beer like my cigars, buy 10 for every 1 I drink or smoke, lol
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    photo IMG_20141121_192715.jpg
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    bandyt09:
    WTF, stop putting it in the fridge. Cellar that ish. Hard to outgrow a cellar.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    As some of you may know, I like beer. Now, I know when you run out of room in your humidor, you don't stop buying, you go bigger. So, my question to you is: What happens when you outgrow your beer fridge? Can't really go bigger and I've already got about another 30 bottles in a cooler in the garage so don't suggest a cooler either.

Yes, the door is pretty much full too:
    start to cellar age. so long as there is no sunlight you should be good. temp makes no difference if you are looking to age. this is my friends basement where he ages beer:

these are the bombers...

and these are 12 oz...

some of these are as old as 4 years.
  • Options
    Holy damn. I guess you can start to outgrow a cellar.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 questions for kuzi and Ken:
    1)What's a cellar?
    2)What's a basement?

In Southern California we don't have to things, lol. I am currently in discussions with the wife on converting an interior coat closet into a beer room.
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    2 questions for kuzi and Ken:
    1)What's a cellar?
    2)What's a basement?

In Southern California we don't have to things, lol. I am currently in discussions with the wife on converting an interior coat closet into a beer room.
    It's something useless I'd trade for beautiful SoCal weather any day! Hahahah
  • Options
    went shopping with wife this weekend at costco .... look what she bought me.
    (she's the best wife ever, seriously)

(ok --- only the labatt & 1 of the xmas ale cases is for me -- the other xmas ale case is for a friend in indy)

• Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:

(ok --- only the labatt & 1 of the xmas ale cases is for me -- the other xmas ale case is for a friend in indy)
    Sweet! Thanks for th...wait, i'm not the friend you're referring to in Indy? I'll just need that persons name, you know, to make sure it arrives safely...
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    bandyt09:
    As some of you may know, I like beer. Now, I know when you run out of room in your humidor, you don't stop buying, you go bigger. So, my question to you is: What happens when you outgrow your beer fridge? Can't really go bigger and I've already got about another 30 bottles in a cooler in the garage so don't suggest a cooler either.

Yes, the door is pretty much full too:
    start to cellar age. so long as there is no sunlight you should be good. temp makes no difference if you are looking to age. this is my friends basement where he ages beer:

these are the bombers...

and these are 12 oz...

some of these are as old as 4 years.
    My jealousy of both of you is very high right now! That's crazy impressive!
  • Options
    D Fresh:
    jgibv:

Sweet! Thanks for th...wait, i'm not the friend you're referring to in Indy? I'll just need that persons name, you know, to make sure it arrives safely...
    lol

if you want to try some shoot me a pm and we can work out the details.
    6-packs are easy enough to send ... dunno how i'd ship a whole case ....

• Options
    jgibv:
    D Fresh:
    jgibv:

lol

if you want to try some shoot me a pm and we can work out the details.
    6-packs are easy enough to send ... dunno how i'd ship a whole case ....
    Thanks for the offer but no need. I'm going to be in Cincinnati for Thanksgiving so I'm hoping to pick some up then. I already placed an order with my wife's cousin to pick some up for me if he can find it. I hate being a state over and not being able to get it LOL
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Kuzi mentioned temp not making a difference for long term aging. Temp makes ALL the difference with long term aging. Beer, like wine, should be stored in a cool, dark place with an even temperature. Large temp swings/variations, extreme cold or hot periods and light are all really bad for beer and wine over the long term. If you're planning on aging beer and don't have access to a basement that holds a relative 55-60F all year, invest in a fridge and retrofit it with a thermostat set to 55F.
  • Options
    Rob1110:
    Kuzi mentioned temp not making a difference for long term aging. Temp makes ALL the difference with long term aging. Beer, like wine, should be stored in a cool, dark place with an even temperature. Large temp swings/variations, extreme cold or hot periods and light are all really bad for beer and wine over the long term. If you're planning on aging beer and don't have access to a basement that holds a relative 55-60F all year, invest in a fridge and retrofit it with a thermostat set to 55F.
    yes. i meant that it didnt need to be in a fridge. clearly 110* would be all bad. sorry i didnt clarify.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Just checking. I had to read it twice because I knew you didn't mean it that way. Actually just set up my fridge last night, retrofitted with a digital therm - set at 55F. Started moving bottles in and shelves started bowing. Now I have to reinforce them or fit some PVC pipe in there as a stabilizer column in the middle of the shelves. That would be one VERY expensive mess to clean up.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a 6 pack of Mad Elf that I saved from last year so when this years came out I could compare the two. I realize batches are different year to year, but the difference was not overwhelming. The year old one was better, but probably not worth the storage to save it for a year.
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Drinking a Bells Expedition Stout......mmmmmmmm. Also had some of the Sam Adams winter collection. Only collection I buy all year from them.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JSaint:
    Drinking a Bells Expedition Stout......mmmmmmmm. Also had some of the Sam Adams winter collection. Only collection I buy all year from them.

I usually buy the Sam sampler just for the Old Fizziwig. Last year a local restaurant had it on tap so maybe they are releasing it on it own. Hope.
  • Options
    rsherman24:
    JSaint:

I usually buy the Sam sampler just for the Old Fizziwig. Last year a local restaurant had it on tap so maybe they are releasing it on it own. Hope.
    That is the only reason why I buy it! The fiancee loves the choclate bock.
  • Options
    rsherman24:
    JSaint:

• Options
    JSaint:
    rsherman24:
    JSaint:

i love the chocolate bock as well. last year it was a chocolate cherry bock and i was very unhappy with it. did they go back to just chocolate this year? if so ill pick up a sampler.
  • Options
    JSaint:
    Drinking a Bells Expedition Stout.
    How was it? I almost picked up a pack of it on my last beer run, but ran out of hands. Probably gonna go back for it to enjoy over the holiday.
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    JSaint:
    How was it? I almost picked up a pack of it on my last beer run, but ran out of hands. Probably gonna go back for it to enjoy over the holiday.
    just so you know... it ages well. i had a bottle with 2 years cellar age on it and it was fantastic.
  • Options
    I have a couple bottles of Southern Tier Pumking & Warlock left that will be cracked open tomorrow, to go along with Thanksgiving dinner.

Then on Friday it will be Xmas Ales from Great Lakes & Thirsty Dog while we put up the Christmas tree and decorations.

And I see that one of our local bars opens early on Saturday and will have KBS on tap for the OSU/Michigan football game. Going to try and make it over.

• Options
    kuzi16:
    SleevePlz:
    JSaint:
    just so you know... it ages well. i had a bottle with 2 years cellar age on it and it was fantastic.
    Nice. Maybe I'll pick it up for next year's holidays!
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    I had mgd 64. Always delicious