• Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My epic pairing for the nightimage
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn this was good!

"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Damn this was good!

You can't drink Pliny out of that glass!!!
  • Options
    rsherman24:
    90+ Irishman:
    Damn this was good!

Lmao well that's my nicest and best "beer" glass sadly. It was either that or a Chardonnay glass so I went with that one hahaha
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    rsherman24:
    90+ Irishman:
    Damn this was good!

Lmao well that's my nicest and best "beer" glass sadly. It was either that or a Chardonnay glass so I went with that one hahaha

Will have to resolve that issue now won't we
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good Lord Brett...you trying to give ol' Sherm a heart attack?
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    photo IMG_20150127_204601.jpg
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Stubble:
    The heart attack I gave him was when I told him that I can get more Pliny and one if not two bottles will be headed his way as soon as I get more in the houses;)
  • Options
    rsherman24:
    90+ Irishman:
    rsherman24:
    90+ Irishman:
    Damn this was good!

Will have to resolve that issue now won't we
    No you don't need to do that, what I have works a-ok, I'm just too cheap to spend money in glass when I can go and spend it on beer or bourbon instead lmao. It's a good problem to have lol
  • Options
    ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Typically not a hop head, but this is pretty smooth for an ale. image
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No pics (sorry bro-pint-glasses) ... Tried a new Gastropoda after work & Had me a Jolly Pumpkin Madrugada Obscura sour & CBC Black IPA with dinner tonight. Good stuff, would drink both again.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    GLBC XMAS ALES....THATS WASSUP

• Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    ejgorman:
    Didn't realize Hopslam was out right now. Will have to go pick some up.
  • Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    I hate being one state over and not being able to get GLBC. Might need to head to Cincinnati here soon!
  • Options
    ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    D Fresh:
    ejgorman:
    Just came out. The local refreshment depot only got a case and I was one of 8 customers they decided to share it with. I must have problem lol! Here's number 2-3 tonight. image Love this thread btw! It's not often I see beers I haven't tried, but I've seen a few on these pages already.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    Stubble:
    The heart attack I gave him was when I told him that I can get more Pliny and one if not two bottles will be headed his way as soon as I get more in the houses;)
    Too funny.....you got a good ticker?
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can't get Sweet Baby Jesus in KC?!? WTF? No distributor or some BS. Frustrating when you want to try something.
  • Options
    D Fresh:
    ejgorman:
    I haven't had any but heard great things, glad you like it bro ;)
  • Options
    jgibv:
    No pics (sorry bro-pint-glasses) ... Tried a new Gastropoda after work & Had me a Jolly Pumpkin Madrugada Obscura sour & CBC Black IPA with dinner tonight. Good stuff, would drink both again.
    Very nice lineup John!!!
  • Options
    Stubble:
    90+ Irishman:
    Stubble:
    I do yes, hope Sherm does. Just have to wait for the next shipment that comes in so I can get a bit more and share with a few people :)
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    Stubble:
    90+ Irishman:
    Stubble:
    I do, yes.
    Good.
  • Options
    Stubble:
    90+ Irishman:
    Stubble:
    90+ Irishman:
    Stubble:
    I do, yes.
    Good.
    ??? I see what you did there just not sure why....? I guess I am missing the punchline lol
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    jgibv:
    Very nice lineup John!!!
    don't do sours too often but the Jolly Pumpkin was surprisingly good; going to remember to try sours more often.
    D Fresh:
    jgibv:
    I hate being one state over and not being able to get GLBC. Might need to head to Cincinnati here soon!
    if you can find the thirsty dog brewery 12 dogs of xmas ale give that a try too. i like it a little better than GLBC but 12 dogs is harder to find.

• Options
    jgibv:
    90+ Irishman:
    jgibv:
    Very nice lineup John!!!
    don't do sours too often but the Jolly Pumpkin was surprisingly good; going to remember to try sours more often.
    D Fresh:
    jgibv:
    if you can find the thirsty dog brewery 12 dogs of xmas ale give that a try too. i like it a little better than GLBC but 12 dogs is harder to find.
    I don't do sours often either but I really do like them, one of the best that is normally available is Duchesss De Bourgogne which is excellent. Kinda reminds me of a cross between a red ale or porter and a big Red Merlot. It's the sour beer that made me start liking them in the first place, check it out for sure John.
  • Options
    jgibv:
    90+ Irishman:
    jgibv:
    Very nice lineup John!!!
    D Fresh:
    jgibv:
    Never tried the Xmas Alre, that good I take it?
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    I don't do sours often either but I really do like them, one of the best that is normally available is Duchesss De Bourgogne which is excellent. Kinda reminds me of a cross between a red ale or porter and a big Red Merlot. It's the sour beer that made me start liking them in the first place, check it out for sure John.
    thanks for the info; will keep an eye out for it.
    90+ Irishman:
    O RLY? hmm.....i will have to remember that.....

i am a christmas ale fiend lol, just love the flavor to it with all the unique spices.
    (and they're all like 9% abv so that's a plus LOL)
    they are both great, don't get me wrong, but there's just something about thirsty dog that puts it over the top; can't quite put my finger on what it is.

i've had more xmas seasonal beers than i can remember but the ones i remember off the top of my head are .... anchor steam's xmas = ok ... shiner cheer = good for the price ... and sierra nevadas celebration = unique.

• Options
    jgibv:
    90+ Irishman:
    thanks for the info; will keep an eye out for it.
    90+ Irishman:
    O RLY? hmm.....i will have to remember that.....

i am a christmas ale fiend lol, just love the flavor to it with all the unique spices.
    (and they're all like 9% abv so that's a plus LOL)
    they are both great, don't get me wrong, but there's just something about thirsty dog that puts it over the top; can't quite put my finger on what it is.

i've had more xmas seasonal beers than i can remember but the ones i remember off the top of my head are .... anchor steam's xmas = ok ... shiner cheer = good for the price ... and sierra nevadas celebration = unique.
    Great info John, thanks for sharing bro really! And no don't do that, I was honestly just asking about them since I typically don't do much of the Xmas seasonal beers, sounds like I should look into trying more next season and get over my bias lol. No need to be silly and do something though, really really.
  • Options
    There is a big market of seasonal beers these days. They are usually a strong ale or porter in the 8% + range with spices. What's not to love.
    Troegs Mad Elf is my personal favorite. Anchor OSA is different every year but great, Harpoon Winter, Sam Old Fizziwig is fantastic but usually only available in the variety pack.
  • Options
    rsherman24:
    There is a big market of seasonal beers these days. They are usually a strong ale or porter in the 8% + range with spices. What's not to love.
    Troegs Mad Elf is my personal favorite. Anchor OSA is different every year but great, Harpoon Winter, Sam Old Fizziwig is fantastic but usually only available in the variety pack.
    Awesome info Sherm and thanks, seems like I have been keeping the blinders on out of a misinformed preconceived notion, appreciate the heads up so I can get over that lol. Will keep my eyes peeled this year and will reach out to you and John for some suggestions this coming season :)