Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Went back for the Expedition Stout. Also grabbed a sixer of Granny's Apple Pie from Oddside. Seemed appropriate for tomorrow. Then as I was checking out, the owner pulled out the latest Founders (Big Lushious) from behind the counter. Read the label and was immediately sold. image
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    And I see that one of our local bars opens early on Saturday and will have KBS on tap for the OSU/Michigan football game. Going to try and make it over.
    ??!??! where?
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    jgibv:
    And I see that one of our local bars opens early on Saturday and will have KBS on tap for the OSU/Michigan football game. Going to try and make it over.
    ??!??! where?
    Saw it at Winking lizard---bethel rd location. Idk if their other locations are doing it too or not...

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    photo IMG_20141127_171608.jpg
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    photo IMG_20141127_171608.jpg
    Beer float? Nice!
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Went back for the Expedition Stout. Also grabbed a sixer of Granny's Apple Pie from Oddside. Seemed appropriate for tomorrow. Then as I was checking out, the owner pulled out the latest Founders (Big Lushious) from behind the counter. Read the label and was immediately sold. image
    He would have had me at...Founders....
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    He would have had me at...Founders....
    Yeah, but I don't really do IPAs, so I had to double check to make sure I wasn't dropping $15 on a bottle I know I won't care for based on style alone.
  • Options
    B double E Double R U N, BEERRUN!!! Took a moment yesterday to hit up the beer store for some singles to try out. image
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found a cool pub nearby that has hundreds of domestic and imported beers, including my favorite dark brew of all time... Harviestoun Old Engine Oil Black Ale... Yum!!!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toured the Lakefront Brewery in Milwaukee a couple months ago. This is a great beer.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    Found a cool pub nearby that has hundreds of domestic and imported beers, including my favorite dark brew of all time... Harviestoun Old Engine Oil Black Ale... Yum!!!
    love that beer
  • Options
    photo IMG_20141205_192114.jpg
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minnesota beer and a long and skinny
  • Options
    photo IMG_20141212_173207.jpg
  • Options
    photo IMG_20141213_174236.jpg
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    I wish we got Stone out here.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hadn't heard about this locally brewed beer until last week....never had it before but the reviews made me want it so bad. So the hunt began..I called arounded...stopped into various stores in the area...sold out errrwhere. They say people line up outside the brewery when these go on sale and of course they limit the amount that you can purchase....fast forward to yesterday evening. Was headed to a Xmas party with my wifes family at my brother in laws house (1.5hrs east of us). We wanted to pick up some wine and beer for the party....stopped at a local spot down. Was checking out and happened to ask the dude if they have heard of the Hardywood Gingerbread Stout...dude looks at me me as says we have cases of them by the entrance and you walked right past them....SAY WHAT??? Next thing you know I am walking out with case...yep yep! I thought this was going to turn into a unicorn beer! But I found it!

photo 727D2AB6-4969-4369-B141-12B8B1E89492_zpsl72oazkz.jpg
  • Options
    smoke em if you got em:
    I hadn't heard about this locally brewed beer until last week....never had it before but the reviews made me want it so bad. So the hunt began..I called arounded...stopped into various stores in the area...sold out errrwhere. They say people line up outside the brewery when these go on sale and of course they limit the amount that you can purchase....fast forward to yesterday evening. Was headed to a Xmas party with my wifes family at my brother in laws house (1.5hrs east of us). We wanted to pick up some wine and beer for the party....stopped at a local spot down. Was checking out and happened to ask the dude if they have heard of the Hardywood Gingerbread Stout...dude looks at me me as says we have cases of them by the entrance and you walked right past them....SAY WHAT??? Next thing you know I am walking out with case...yep yep! I thought this was going to turn into a unicorn beer! But I found it!

photo 727D2AB6-4969-4369-B141-12B8B1E89492_zpsl72oazkz.jpg
    wow nice find bro. did you crack one open last night?

• Options
    Tonight for sure..I didnt want to share with anyone last night!!
  • Options
    smoke em if you got em:
    hahaha can't blame you for that!
    report back & tell us if it actually tastes like gingerbread men!

• Options
    jgibv:
    smoke em if you got em:
    The beer was pretty tasty....got a nice buzz going at the moment. The smell alone brought a smile to my face....great purchase in my opinion and I am more than willing to share now. I have 11 more bottles left...would you like one John?
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    jgibv:
    smoke em if you got em:
    The beer was pretty tasty....got a nice buzz going at the moment. The smell alone brought a smile to my face....great purchase in my opinion and I am more than willing to share now. I have 11 more bottles left...would you like one John?
    You caught a buzz from One Bee ? You are a Cheap date....
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    smoke em if you got em:
    jgibv:
    smoke em if you got em:
    What's your point? LOL
  • Options
    smoke em if you got em:
    kaspera79:
    smoke em if you got em:
    jgibv:
    smoke em if you got em:
    What's your point? LOL
    LMAO!!!

and appreciate the offer ro-ro but i'm up to my ear's in seasonal brews right now -- keep them for you & enjoy them.

...... but if you really want to bomb some i'm sure there's a few other beer guys around here that'd enjoy 'em. hate to throw anyone under the bus,,,, but uhh lmk if you need any ideas ;-) lol

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    kaspera79:
    smoke em if you got em:
    jgibv:
    smoke em if you got em:
    What's your point? LOL
    Just sayin' it usually takes more than one drink to make the spirits bright. I'm a light weight and it takes me about three or four to be feeling it.
  • Options
    Finally found some Bourbon County locally! Let's see if I can hold out until my birthday to drink them.
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    Finally found some Bourbon County locally! Let's see if I can hold out until my birthday to drink them.
    And i see that bday is in a few days!! Nice.
  • Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Happy Birthday bro !!
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    SleevePlz:
    Happy Birthday bro !!

Happy birthday bro. You were the kid who always got screwed on birthday gifts right after Christmas weren't you? I'll get something out soon.