Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    slickricslickric Posts: 705
    I am not a huge follower of beer but I will say,I picked up a 6 pack of blue moon winter Abby ale and OH BOY! This stuff is good. I had it with a tatuaje cojonu 03 and it was a great pair Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Have you had the regular Moon? I really dig it especially with an orange wedge. I wasn't too fond of their seasonal stuff.

I had a few youngs double chocolate stouts last night, maybe one too many. Damn good beer if you ask me.
  • Options
    slickricslickric Posts: 705
    phobicsquirrel:
    Have you had the regular Moon? I really dig it especially with an orange wedge. I wasn't too fond of their seasonal stuff.

I had a few youngs double chocolate stouts last night, maybe one too many. Damn good beer if you ask me.
    I have had the original. And I love it! But I love trying new seasonal stuff
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    phobicsquirrel:

+1 to the Youngs
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    phobicsquirrel:

+1 to the Youngs
    Youngs DCS, one of the few beers I prefer in the can over the bottle, just tastes better.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    If you can find Brooklyn Brewery's Black Chocolate Stout grab a four pack... It's a beautiful thing.. and you can age it damn near forever.
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    If you can find Brooklyn Brewery's Black Chocolate Stout grab a four pack... It's a beautiful thing.. and you can age it damn near forever.
    Get me some and send some to me NOW! lol. I love stouts. Founders Breakfast Stout is near the top of my favs.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    I can't believe I missed this thread for so long! I love BEER! Right now some of my favorites are Left Hand, Stone, Highlands, and Rogue. Ktown has great beer garden but it's too cold to go see what they've got on tap right now.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been reading some good things about this New Albion, so when I saw it in stock at the grocery on the way home I couldn't pass up a sixer.....

Also, finally got around to cleaning out the old fridge (from the 70s or 80s) in the basement to make it the beer fridge!!
    Don't have much in there yet, but can fit at least 120 bottles standing up (6 deep, 10 wide/shelf, on 2 shelves) plus the shelves on the door, laying flat on the bottom row, and in the drawers ---- whoa! I need to go buy lots more!!! Hahah.
    (Posting from phone can't get pics resized, sorry)

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Been reading some good things about this New Albion, so when I saw it in stock at the grocery on the way home I couldn't pass up a sixer.....

Also, finally got around to cleaning out the old fridge (from the 70s or 80s) in the basement to make it the beer fridge!!
    Don't have much in there yet, but can fit at least 120 bottles standing up (6 deep, 10 wide/shelf, on 2 shelves) plus the shelves on the door, laying flat on the bottom row, and in the drawers ---- whoa! I need to go buy lots more!!! Hahah.
    (Posting from phone can't get pics resized, sorry)
    Where you from bro? Those are a few that are pretty local to Mass.
  • Options
    Vision:
    Where you from bro? Those are a few that are pretty local to Mass.
    central OH --- which ones you talking about??

The sea dog, lazy magnolia, and blowing rock all came from my final shipment of a mail order beer of the month club.
    All the others were purchased locally --- we have a few stores around with fantastic beer selections (thankfully).

If you're talking about Harpoon --- I got hooked on them when we were in RI on vacation, ever since then I try to keep something from them on hand at all times. (really like their imperial ipa & UFO white, & heffenwizen).

• Options
    Yea the Harpoon and Sea Dog... I want to bathe in their blueberry!
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Just saw this thread, for the past 2 weeks I've been kinda obsessing over some craft beer just bought myself some new beer glasses, anyway been drinking a lot of Stone really enjoy their IPA's tried the Russian imperial stout and wow great beer, just bought some Chimay's and I have a Firestone wookey jack also in the fridge, can't wait till Friday
  • Options
    Vision:
    Yea the Harpoon and Sea Dog... I want to bathe in their blueberry!
    Sea dog blueberry is great, especially in warmer weather. The sea dog hazelnut was pretty good too but just not my style so wife made caramel sauce with it, now that was great!!

Had a couple from Nantucket in an earlier shipment, don't remember the brewery off the top of my head but really liked the one brew, had a whale on the label I think. Going to try and find it next time we go to RI

And the harpoon winter is very good, right behind thirsty dog, Great Lakes, and elevator IMO. But it's much easier to find than those other 3 which is nice.

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    photo 22F2189C-orig.jpg
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Big T smokesBig T smokes Posts: 211
    Hugemoose:
    Matt Marvel:
    Hugemoose:
    Yuengling Lager

Enough Said.
    I really want to try this. Unfortunately, the only way I know how is to travel out to where it's distributed.
    Do you know of a good way to ship beer? Because, I basically swim in it, and if it could get to you in good condition I'm sure I could send some out.
    Yea man I live in Philly. We're so used to it here. It's in every taproom in a 100 mile radius. I LOVE this beer. It's cheaper than a case of bud here and it destroys it in flavor and experience. My go-tos are St Pauli Girl and Becks. I haven't tried that Beck's Saffire yet but I'm going to soon. I'm also partial to Molson Golden. I'm not huge on craft beers as the scene kinda turns me off. Hipsters throwing too many adjectives in front of their beer just kinda makes me not want to drink it. It kills the purpose of beer: somethign easy to drink and relaxing. If I want a challenge I'll hit up wine or scotch. Beer is for chilling out in my humble opinion. But to each their own. I'm known to hit up the occasional import though. I do hit up the local microbrews from time to time with my buddies, and I like the IPAs when I do. I like the bitter hoppy taste, just not with a stogie. If I'm smoking, I like a pilsner or something softer and more palatable. Actually, more often than not, I enjoy a nice irish whiskey with my cigar but that's a different thread entirely :-)
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    photo 22F2189C-orig.jpg
    VERY NICE!

• Options
    It's Friday can't wait to get home :)
  • Options
    Since its raining no cigar for me tonight, so ill start it off with a Stone Ruination bomber
  • Options
    Drinking a Lucky Basterd by Stone brewery
  • Options
    big chunks:
    Stone makes some quality brews, nice choices. Gonna have to pick up some stone ipa next time I'm at the store, one of my favs...
    I'm starting with a harpoon winter warmer with dinner tonight. Temps dropped back into 20s now that the sun went down

• Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    A Black & Tan with Samuel Smiths Nut Brown Ale and Guiness. That's a bit of heaven if you ask me.
  • Options
    jgibv:
    big chunks:
    Stone makes some quality brews, nice choices. Gonna have to pick up some stone ipa next time I'm at the store, one of my favs...
    I'm starting with a harpoon winter warmer with dinner tonight. Temps dropped back into 20s now that the sun went down
    If you like IPA the stone ruination is great
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    If you have Sixpoint available in your area, I highly recommend their latest rotational, 3Beans. It's a Baltic porter brewed with cacao and coffee, the standout being coffee (IMO). Goes well with a maduro cigar.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/10607/88889
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    big chunks:
    You still able to get that out in CA or did you just save some?
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    y2pascoe:
    If you have Sixpoint available in your area, I highly recommend their latest rotational, 3Beans. It's a Baltic porter brewed with cacao and coffee, the standout being coffee (IMO). Goes well with a maduro cigar.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/10607/88889
    Haven't heard of it, will keep an eye out though --- been looking for a good "coffee beer" that I can get locally though....

Long story:
    Never thought I'd like "coffee beers" ---- had a local brewer's (CBC) coffee stout a couple winters ago and pew ick ack, just couldn't do it!!! It just wasn't happenin' for me, and I'm normally not a big fan of stouts so I wrote off coffee beers as "not my thing" - figured I should keep enjoying the two things separately and not together, ya know?

But then last summer I was visiting a friend in Indy, and he took me on a "local brewery" tour, stopped at a couple microbreweries, a few taprooms, etc. all in all probably tried 15+ beers from a half dozen different breweries, mostly from IN.
    And while on our "tour" we stopped at a place called Flat 12 Bierworks, and got a sample flight which included their seasonal(?) "Joe Brahma Brown Ale" which was brewed with coffee beans - so I'm thinking uhh, this won't be for me.
    But after taking a few sips OMFG THIS IS DELICOUS!!!!

Description from their website: "A Brown Ale/Milk Stout hybrid with a dose of Nicaraguan Coffee from B’Java Coffee and Tea. -Lactose added to balance the acidity of the coffee -Smooth and easy going down just like your favorite morning cup of Joe."
    AWESOME, FANTASTIC!!! It was so good I picked up a growler on the spot and ever since I've been trying to get my buddy to find more and send it to me since they're only in IN.
    So if you're ever in Indy and want to try some awesome beers, especially the Joe Brahma, I highly recommend Flat12. http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/24412/67434

• Options
    big chunks:
    jgibv:
    big chunks:
    If you like IPA the stone ruination is great
    I don't think I've had that one .... will pick one up if I see it, thanks!!
    Only ever had a few of Stone's beers and haven't had them for a while.

• Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    We opened a couple the other night. My girlfriend said "Let's try to make a dent in this (my 25+ cases aging in the basement and growing)." Two beers later, she was calling it quits. Cracked an Evil Twin Imperial Biscotti Break (good but not worth the price or hype - I find this typical of Evil Twin brews) and Nectar Ales Black Xantus (very rich coffee stout - really can't complain about this one except that it's pretty tough to find out this way).
  • Options
    Rob1110:
    We opened a couple the other night. My girlfriend said "Let's try to make a dent in this (my 25+ cases aging in the basement and growing)." Two beers later, she was calling it quits. Cracked an Evil Twin Imperial Biscotti Break (good but not worth the price or hype - I find this typical of Evil Twin brews) and Nectar Ales Black Xantus (very rich coffee stout - really can't complain about this one except that it's pretty tough to find out this way).

We can always get to Fed and help you with that 25+ case problem your having. We just have to empty them one bottle at a time ;)
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    big chunks:
    You still able to get that out in CA or did you just save some?
    I was looking in the back of the fridge and saw it, it said drink by 1/31/2013 but it still tasted great today I just picked up some Pliny the Elder, 3 bottles just bottled on 1/31/2013 gonna try one out on Friday