Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Went to the in-laws tonight and I can't get away from the Founders. Paul grabbed a sampler for us. I went with the All Day IPA first. IMAG0131
    All day is perfect for a summer day, or any day I guess. I love the Centennial, Dirty *** is great, Backwoods is better.

That a pretty quality line up there. If you dont end up getting KBS let me know. I have a $hit-ton of retailers around here and can probably score you some.

New Holland Monkey King for me tonight. This stuff it tasty.
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Ill be cracking a Stone Old Guardian Oak Smoked tonight. image
    These are my last few hauls imageimageimageimage
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    You guys are gonna make me drink some good beers tonight, lol good times
  • Options
    LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    Filled growlers of The Nor'easter and Solera Bourbon-Aged Porter at Good Nature Brewing yesterday.

Tasted both and both are quite good. The Porter has a pretty strong whiskey taste/sweetness to it. It's very interesting, but I'm thinking it's not a session beer :)
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Andy's Jazz Club in Chicago with a 312! IMAG0132
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    ddubridge:
    You guys are killing my bank account. And I thought I loved beer...
    Well I blame Rob, cuz he got me into sours and I've spent some 300 plus a month for some time now on them. Sadly the thing is, I spend more on beer than cigars and liquor combined. And beer lasts me what, 30 minutes to an hour a beer! Luckily I have been able to store some of these but at 20 to 30 bucks a bottle it adds up quick.
    Hahaha. Sorry, dude. Today was just stupid. I went out not expecting to spend that much and ended up buying some beer (including the Game of Thrones beer), a mini bottle of Absinthe, some wine, a local Champagne style wine, an Apple Brandy and a case (yes, a case) of Pumpkin Whiskey. Yeah. It's kind of a problem.

And don't worry, Squirrel. I got you covered, buddy. I have some good sticks to get out to you and so far the beer list: Lefthand Milk Stout, Lefthand Milk Stout Nitro, Founder's Backwoods ***, Courage Russian Imperial Stout, Atwater Black Vanilla Java Porter, Peak Organic Mocha, Portsmouth Brewery Sour Brune Ale, Hanssens Oude Kriek Lambic, Cisco Blueblerry Bleer, Goose Island Bourbon County and Enlightenment Brut. Should be a decent mix of fun stuff to keep you busy for a couple of days.

And thank you AMZ. I can get the regular Siren Noire but the Bourbon Barrel aged version sold out really quick around here. I'd definitely be interested in your opinion when you crack that one.
  • Options
    Just had a Boulevard Love Child #2. It was a little over a year old and damn was that think lip puckering. Absolutely amazing beer. My body is getting payback on me for it though lol.
  • Options
    LC#2 was AWESOME! I only picked up one bottle when it came out. Had the opportunity to buy lots more but never did. Finally cracked it and kicked myself in the ass for not buying more when I had the chance.
  • Options
    Rob1110:
    LC#2 was AWESOME! I only picked up one bottle when it came out. Had the opportunity to buy lots more but never did. Finally cracked it and kicked myself in the ass for not buying more when I had the chance.
    Wouldve loved to had bought more bottles but damn was it pricey. The only beer I have spent more money on was a Cantillon Lou Pepe. Still have yet to crack that and their Gueze. Love sour beers.
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I just got back from the grand canyon and had a grand canyon white wheat on tap that was quite tasty. It was "clear" and not cloudy like most unfiltered wheats.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopped at grocery store at lunch today --- no Founders KBS but scored their last pack of Breakfast Stout!! Woot!!
    Grabbed an IPA from a local brewery as well .. had it for the first time on draft last week and it was good, had to get some.

They were restocking the shelves though and someone from the distributor was there helping, I got talking with him for a bit and he gave me the inside scoop on a couple beers they have coming in soon....and he said he'd ask his boss about getting more Founders at this store.
    He said he'll be back early next week to restock again -- pretty excited to see what he has.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    jgibv:
    Stopped at grocery store at lunch today --- no Founders KBS but scored their last pack of Breakfast Stout!! Woot!!
    Grabbed an IPA from a local brewery as well .. had it for the first time on draft last week and it was good, had to get some.

They were restocking the shelves though and someone from the distributor was there helping, I got talking with him for a bit and he gave me the inside scoop on a couple beers they have coming in soon....and he said he'd ask his boss about getting more Founders at this store.
    He said he'll be back early next week to restock again -- pretty excited to see what he has.
    Let the hunt for KBS begin.
  • Options
    Two retailers down...couple dozen to go. Missed one 4 pack by 10 mins.
  • Options
    y2pascoe:
    jgibv:

It's on like donkey kong!!!!
    Got a couple more stores on the list today ....

You had any luck yet, y2p?

How about d-dub? Any success?

• Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Drank a Stone Dayman coffee ipa, man I wish i had more it was good hoppy at first and you can taste the coffee bean in the aftertaste very interesting
  • Options
    Got a couple bottles of KBS last night. Some of the other local stores get their delivery on Thursday. I'll probably stop by as at least one store will likely hold a bottle or two for me.

And to JSaint: I can't seem to get enough sours lately. I have a couple Lou Pepe Framboise 2007s that a friend brought back from a shop in the Netherlands for me. Planning on opening one at a sour tasting I'm planning on hosting in a few months. I'm gonna put out a ton of sours and pair them with a bottle of Tums. I figure with all that acidity, it's gonna be heart burn city.
  • Options
    Rob1110:
    Got a couple bottles of KBS last night. Some of the other local stores get their delivery on Thursday. I'll probably stop by as at least one store will likely hold a bottle or two for me.
    Nice. My places are getting it tomorrow as well. Going to make my rounds and hopefully pick up a few.
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    Rob1110:
    Nice. My places are getting it tomorrow as well. Going to make my rounds and hopefully pick up a few.
    Rob, you lucky SOB...congrats on the score brother.

And good luck, Sleeve.

• Options
    jgibv:
    y2pascoe:
    jgibv:

The bottle shop I buy from is waiting to hear from his distributer. He expects to know within the week.
  • Options
    Have yet to hear anything from my two locals stores down here about KBS. Hopefully soon. Last night I cracked open some Saison Dupont Biere de la Baelil? I think. Pretty good for a light Belgian. Also had some Southern Tier Live. Pretty interesting stuff.
  • Options
    Grr -- two more stores at lunch today, no KBS but they both had lots of other Founders ... breakfast stout, dirty b**tard, red ry pa, and porter...
    ....the search continues....

But I can never leave empty handed ...
    ;-)
    So in the past few days I've grabbed some: (more) Founders Breakfast Stout, GLBC Rye of the Tiger IPA, Elevator Three Frogs IPA...

And I was gifted a 750 mL bottle of "Stillwater Artisinal American Farmhouse Ale" for Easter
    Never seen or heard of this brewery before but it seems to be pretty well rated on BA.

• Options
    y2pascoe:
    jgibv:
    y2pascoe:
    jgibv:

The bottle shop I buy from is waiting to hear from his distributer. He expects to know within the week.
    no luck as of yet...checked one more last night. I might just start calling around.
  • Options
    ddubridge:
    y2pascoe:
    jgibv:
    y2pascoe:
    jgibv:

no luck as of yet...checked one more last night. I might just start calling around.
    Just got a message from him that he's getting it in in one week.
  • Options
    The hunt for KBS is not looking good. Call and visited a few more retailers yesterday and no dice. I didnt have a problem getting a 4 pack last year. The reality is stating to set in. I might not get KBS this year.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    So what's so good about this KBS stout? You all seem eager to get it. Never heard of it but I'm hoping to jump on the bandwagon though. Doubt my local gets it though, seems to be that way a lot of the time.
  • Options
    ... ah I see beer advocate gave it a 100, MAN I want me some!!!
  • Options
    Yup. IMAG0137 I got the heads up when the delivery was coming and the owner refused to create a waiting list. So it was first come first serve with no limit. I decided to not be a total jerk and buy all 3 cases, just 1. Lol.
  • Options
    Rob1110:
    phobicsquirrel:
    ddubridge:
    You guys are killing my bank account. And I thought I loved beer...
    Well I blame Rob, cuz he got me into sours and I've spent some 300 plus a month for some time now on them. Sadly the thing is, I spend more on beer than cigars and liquor combined. And beer lasts me what, 30 minutes to an hour a beer! Luckily I have been able to store some of these but at 20 to 30 bucks a bottle it adds up quick.
    Hahaha. Sorry, dude. Today was just stupid. I went out not expecting to spend that much and ended up buying some beer (including the Game of Thrones beer), a mini bottle of Absinthe, some wine, a local Champagne style wine, an Apple Brandy and a case (yes, a case) of Pumpkin Whiskey. Yeah. It's kind of a problem.

And don't worry, Squirrel. I got you covered, buddy. I have some good sticks to get out to you and so far the beer list: Lefthand Milk Stout, Lefthand Milk Stout Nitro, Founder's Backwoods ***, Courage Russian Imperial Stout, Atwater Black Vanilla Java Porter, Peak Organic Mocha, Portsmouth Brewery Sour Brune Ale, Hanssens Oude Kriek Lambic, Cisco Blueblerry Bleer, Goose Island Bourbon County and Enlightenment Brut. Should be a decent mix of fun stuff to keep you busy for a couple of days.

And thank you AMZ. I can get the regular Siren Noire but the Bourbon Barrel aged version sold out really quick around here. I'd definitely be interested in your opinion when you crack that one.
    ah damn, no worries. I got the first box ready to go, just have to get my butt over to fed ex. I hope it makes it to you alright. I was going to ask you, did you still want another Adam? I think you said you got a couple just wanted to make sure. I tried to get you a cherry adam however the brew pub only has them to drink there. which is stupid since when you do order it, it comes in a bottle. though it wasn't all that great so no loss. They have a lot of stuff that came out years ago that you can get however it's pretty spendy. either way if you ever hit up this area I'll have to take you on a tour of brew pubs.
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    Yup. IMAG0137 I got the heads up when the delivery was coming and the owner refused to create a waiting list. So it was first come first serve with no limit. I decided to not be a total jerk and buy all 3 cases, just 1. Lol.
    You lucky dog .... congrats bro!

You need any help drinking those??? ;-)

• Options
    SleevePlz:
    ah that's just mean, I WANT!!! lol. I would be so down to trade something for a bottle or two. lmk.