Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    New Glarus Cabin Fever, Leiny's Canoe Paddler tastes like Yuengling:-) :-) :-) :-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Had some great sours last night over at the cascade brew pub. Of course they were not allowing growlers of them so I could only enjoy them at the pub. First one was call bourbonic plague which was freaking fantastic. Had a 12.5 percent abv which was one of the highest beers I've had. It was really a beer I'd want to stock up on but sadly no go. Thing I liked about it was not only was it really sour, it also had a lot of chocolate and some coffee undertones and the aftertaste lasted some time.

The next one I had was a berry sour. Can't remember the name, never heard of the berry before. Anyway it was a bit more mellow than the other one but it had some nice lingering flavors of berries and cocoa.

Then I had a Manhattan NW which could be bought for 30 dollars a bottle. It was a really good sour with cherries and cocoa however I was a bit on the fence about buying a couple of bottles. There's another really good one call Vlad the Impaler which is the same price which I do feel is better overall and I bout several of them for saving but nice thing about the NW was it had some fruity flavors along with cherry. So I may still go get a few of them bottles. Either way Cascade has become my new favorite brew pub.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Glad you finally got out and tried Cascade. You have access to some amazing breweries out there. And you'll have some of the best brews from out this way as of this Wed. Some limited stuff, some amazing stuff, lots of local stuff and a few with pretty high ABVs to hopefully break that record.

You're killing me with these Cascades though. Wish sours weren't so damn expensive but ya can't win 'em all. Keeping an eye out for new stuff coming to this area that you might dig. You'll definitely have to let me know what you think of the ones I sent you once you've had a chance to try them.
  • Options
    armaes8armaes8 Posts: 279
    Great Divide YETI, or Great Divide OAK AGED YETI (hard to find even though its made in my state)
  • Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Spending the weekend at the beach with my bride for our anniversary. image
  • Options
    Rob1110:
    Glad you finally got out and tried Cascade. You have access to some amazing breweries out there. And you'll have some of the best brews from out this way as of this Wed. Some limited stuff, some amazing stuff, lots of local stuff and a few with pretty high ABVs to hopefully break that record.

You're killing me with these Cascades though. Wish sours weren't so damn expensive but ya can't win 'em all. Keeping an eye out for new stuff coming to this area that you might dig. You'll definitely have to let me know what you think of the ones I sent you once you've had a chance to try them.
    Wish that everything was easy to get whether one is out in the east or west coast. Sadly that isn't the case.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    IMAG0152
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    armaes8:
    Great Divide YETI, or Great Divide OAK AGED YETI (hard to find even though its made in my state)

Speaking of Great Divide, I'm drinking a Barrel Aged Old Ruffian Barleywine I dug out of storage yesterday.
    Not bad!
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Currently cooking down 4 bottles of Newcastle Brown to make a Beer Liqueur. It's blended with spices, brown sugar, maple and cooked down into a syrup that's then blended back with Rye and Cognac to fortify it and make the liqueur. First batch came out pretty amazing. Hoping to streamline the process a bit and refine the recipe so I can make more of it.
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    You guys have me trying all sorts of craft beer now too. Damnit! Tried two different Amber Ales this weekend. First up was Scuttlebutt Amber Lager from Everrett, Washington. Foudn it to be nice and mellow with good flavors. Second up was a Old Scratch Amber out of Frederick, MD. Wasn't as good as the Scuttlebutt in my opinion but still good. Anyone have any experience with these or recommendations? Also anyone have any experience with the Chimay white (yellow label) saw it at Total Wine and was intrigued to say the least was not intrigued by the prices of the Chimays though.
  • Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    Tried the Newcastle Bombshell last night. I like thier brown ale better
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Drinkin up a homebrew Pale Ale and will probably be having some Stone RIS later.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Picking up as much of this as possible tomorrow.
  • Options
    Got my 2 bottle limit.

• Options
    ddubridge:
    Got my 2 bottle limit.

Nice. My place gets their delivery on Thursday. I'm sure I'll grab a couple bottles on the way home from work.
  • Options
    ddubridge:
    Probably wont be buy any sadly enough. Freaking places near me are price gouging like crazy! $20 a bottle.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI for those of you in/around Dayton OH
    Just saw this on facebook:

http://www.alefest.com/
    6th Annual Cask AleFest presents the finest selection of Cask Ales ever assembled in Ohio

SUNDAY, APRIL 28, 2013 1:00- 4:00 PM
    Chappys Tap Room & Grill, Dayton, Ohio

$40 Admission Includes Free Appetizers & 20 Samples of Rare, Incredible Cask Ale!

FEATURING 16 AUTHENTIC CASK ALES:

J.W. LEE’S 2010 HARVEST ALE WOOD CASK
    Bell's Amber
    Brewkettle Solstice White With Hibiscus & White Rajah
    Epic Brainless IPA
    Dayton Beer Company Bourbon Barrel Stout
    Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald With Ancho Chiles & Rye of The Tiger Dry Hopped
    Heavy Seas Oak Aged DIPA
    Mt. Carmel Amber Dry Hopped
    New Holland the Poet Oatmeal Stout
    Old Dominion Double D Double IPA
    Rivertown Irish Cream Ale
    Thornbridge Hall Beadaca’s Well Smoked Porter
    Two Brothers Sidekick Extra Pale Ale
    Yellow Springs Brewery Saison

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    JSaint:
    ddubridge:
    Probably wont be buy any sadly enough. Freaking places near me are price gouging like crazy! $20 a bottle.
    Just under $15 here.
  • Options
    ddubridge:
    JSaint:
    ddubridge:
    Just under $15 here.
    You should get some more and send me a couple! LOL
  • Options
    2011 Pepe Nero from Goose Island. Very tasty! (Yes, that is the extent of my review) IMAG0153
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Tonight I enjoyed a Stone Imperial Russian Stout from 2012, very tasty
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    2011 Pepe Nero from Goose Island. Very tasty! (Yes, that is the extent of my review) IMAG0153
    I saw these at my local tonight. Might pick up some, I was thinking about it though.
  • Options
    Bombay:
    You guys have me trying all sorts of craft beer now too. Damnit! Tried two different Amber Ales this weekend. First up was Scuttlebutt Amber Lager from Everrett, Washington. Foudn it to be nice and mellow with good flavors. Second up was a Old Scratch Amber out of Frederick, MD. Wasn't as good as the Scuttlebutt in my opinion but still good. Anyone have any experience with these or recommendations? Also anyone have any experience with the Chimay white (yellow label) saw it at Total Wine and was intrigued to say the least was not intrigued by the prices of the Chimays though.
    yeah its more expensive than cigars. I blow through 400 bucks on beer some months. That kills my cigar and liquor budget.
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    phobicsquirrel:
    Bombay:
    yeah its more expensive than cigars. I blow through 400 bucks on beer some months. That kills my cigar and liquor budget.
    Yikes! Sweet Jesus man. That is one hellofa budget for craft beer, I wish.
  • Options
    I drank 2 bootleggers old world Heff, I can honestly say its the best heff I've tried thus far
  • Options
    big chunks:
    I drank 2 bootleggers old world Heff, I can honestly say its the best heff I've tried thus far
    Nice. Don't think that I have forgotten about you. I am still shipping you a little sampler of Founders. I think I might actually be able to get it out by Saturday. I even picked up a 4 pack of Double Trouble tonight, so I'll add one of those to your package as well. Grabbed a bottle of Doom as well, but that will probably be gone tomorrow. Lol.
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    big chunks:
    Nice. Don't think that I have forgotten about you. I am still shipping you a little sampler of Founders. I think I might actually be able to get it out by Saturday. I even picked up a 4 pack of Double Trouble tonight, so I'll add one of those to your package as well. Grabbed a bottle of Doom as well, but that will probably be gone tomorrow. Lol.
    Wow, I can't thank you enough, hope you enjoy that double trouble, I just got the word no work for me tomorrow so I might open up some dogfish head Miles Davis **** brew, really enjoyed that last time I drank it
  • Options
    Just came back from the store, picked up some Stone Espresso Imperial Russian Stout 2013 can't wait to try it
  • Options
    big chunks:
    Just came back from the store, picked up some Stone Espresso Imperial Russian Stout 2013 can't wait to try it
    I look forward from hearing your thoughts on this one. I had a few stones last night on tap and then I bought this one and finished off the night with it. I have tried many beers from stone and haven't been all that impressed. My wife liked the mint chocolate one though. For an espresso beer though this one wasn't bad however I think Mckellar has most of the coffee beers beat IMO.

Like I said, I look forward to hearing what you thought of it.
  • Options
    Rob and I have been working on a trade for several months. Here's what he sent me:

Here is some beers I picked up on wednesday: imageimage

Then on friday the wife and I went out and tried some new beers on tap at a local bar. My wife got past the point of buzzed over one 5oz taster and about a little over a 1/2 of another 5oz taster. It was pretty funny.