Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Vision:
    We can always get to Fed and help you with that 25+ case problem your having. We just have to empty them one bottle at a time ;)

Sounds like a good time. Actually, I was just telling Nick (the other guy who brought all the beer) that we gotta meet up for beers again soon. Cracked a Cosmos Export Stout by Enlightenment Ales - young kid named Ben, runs the brewery out of Lowell. Puts out some pretty amazing brews, though he only has 3 to his portfolio at the moment.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rob1110:
    We opened a couple the other night. My girlfriend said "Let's try to make a dent in this (my 25+ cases aging in the basement and growing)." Two beers later, she was calling it quits. Cracked an Evil Twin Imperial Biscotti Break (good but not worth the price or hype - I find this typical of Evil Twin brews) and Nectar Ales Black Xantus (very rich coffee stout - really can't complain about this one except that it's pretty tough to find out this way).
    That Nectar Ales Black Xantus sounds interesting. Will have to look it up.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    big chunks:
    Ken Light:
    big chunks:
    Drinking a Lucky Basterd by Stone brewery
    You still able to get that out in CA or did you just save some?
    I was looking in the back of the fridge and saw it, it said drink by 1/31/2013 but it still tasted great today I just picked up some Pliny the Elder, 3 bottles just bottled on 1/31/2013 gonna try one out on Friday
    I've heard amazing things about Pliny the Elder, I've never seen it though. Who makes it?
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Ken Light:
    big chunks:
    Ken Light:
    big chunks:
    Drinking a Lucky Basterd by Stone brewery
    You still able to get that out in CA or did you just save some?
    I was looking in the back of the fridge and saw it, it said drink by 1/31/2013 but it still tasted great today I just picked up some Pliny the Elder, 3 bottles just bottled on 1/31/2013 gonna try one out on Friday
    I've heard amazing things about Pliny the Elder, I've never seen it though. Who makes it?
    Russian River Brewing, Ken. Pretty sure it's unavailable to us East Coasters. I also hear it's devine. I'm dying to try it.
  • Options
    I'm not a total hop head or IPA **** so Pliny was good but nothing I'd go out of my way to seek out again. Especially being able to get Heady (basically, Heady Topper is the East Coast version of Pliny) so easily. Personally, my favorite IPA is Souther Tier's Unearthly. I just find it very balanced and drinkable. Marshall Wharf's Can't Dog is pretty stellar as well and just as tough to get as Pliny and Heady.
  • Options
    Rob1110:
    I'm not a total hop head or IPA **** so Pliny was good but nothing I'd go out of my way to seek out again. Especially being able to get Heady (basically, Heady Topper is the East Coast version of Pliny) so easily. Personally, my favorite IPA is Souther Tier's Unearthly. I just find it very balanced and drinkable. Marshall Wharf's Can't Dog is pretty stellar as well and just as tough to get as Pliny and Heady.
    Haven't had any of those, Rob, although I've also heard great things about Heady Topper. I'll have to run up to Yankee Spirits and look for that one. Have you tried Lagunitas Sucks Brown Shugga Substitute yet? Excellent double IPA.
  • Options
    Heady will be tough to find outside of VT. I have a friend that goes to Burlington fairly often where the brewery is and he said it's even becoming difficult to find at the brewery. Though they recently announced that they'll be upping their production significantly very soon. I haven't had the Lagunitas Sucks but have heard great things about it. Again, I'm a huge fan of Unearthly, since it's a great IPA and very accessible.
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Drinking 2 Pliny the Elder tonight while watching UFC 157
  • Options
    big chunks:
    Drinking 2 Pliny the Elder tonight while watching UFC 157
    I'd love to get my hands on a Pliny. I'm drinking a Brother Thelonious right now.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rob1110:

Im in a Unfiltered Belgium phase.... Allagash and 312 are the last two Ive had.... Alla being my fav ATM.
  • Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Sitting at work with 1.5 hours to go on my last required Sunday. Any beer except Bud Lite would be GREAT! Just need something to "wake" up with.
  • Options
    Stone imperial Russian stout
  • Options
    Had this the other night:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/345/87404

Victory Red Thunder...definitely one of the more unique beers I've tried recently. Baltic Porter aged in red wine barrels. I really dug the aroma and taste of this beer, but the finish & aftertaste kinda turned me off to it.

Anybody on here use Untappd?
  • Options
    My girl and I went up to VT for the night on Sunday and while we didn't seek out or find any Heady Topper, we did have and get some other amazing beers.

Stopped at some little crepe shop in Montpelier and found Hill Farmstead and Zero Gravity on tap. Both were awesome. Hit up the Hunger Mountain CoOp and picked up some stuff from Jester King, Cisco, 8 Wired, Epic and a few others. We'll be going back once the weather gets warmer and I'm gonna try to make a trip up to HF and pick up some of their stuff.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had these today. Cilantro Lime wheat beer
    photo AB2CFEF9-orig.jpg
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    I had these today. Cilantro Lime wheat beer
    photo AB2CFEF9-orig.jpg
    How was it Daniel? sounds like a good combo.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    The four Leffe Belgian Wheat Ale I had Saturday night, along with possibly too much Buffalo Trace, are likely the reason I was hungover yesterday...
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Just got done brewing two five gallon batches this weekend, both from Northern Brewer. Up first was Dry Irish Stout, which is supposed to be a Guinness clone; the second, the Big Honkin' Stout, which should be good in this cold weather. Currently have a blow off tube on both buckets and listening to the familiar pop-pop-pop of vigorous fermentation

In a month, I'll keg them both and turn on the CO2. Should be done just in time for Easter Big Smile [:D]
  • Options
    Went beer shopping today picked up a 4 pack of Old Radputin a 6 pack of Lagunitas suck the 2013 Stone barley wine and a 2013 stone oak barley wine, and a 2012 Stone Imperial Russian Stout, love that stout especially in these cold Southern California Winters, lol
  • Options

Stout tasting the other night. From Left to Right (starting with the bottom pic): Eel River Raven's Eye Stout, Idle Hands Absence of Light Belgian Stout, Portsmouth Brewing Royal Impy Stout, Nogne O Sweet Stout, Nebraska Black Betty, Cigar City Brewing Marshal Zhukov, Surly Darkness, Hardywood Gingerbread Stout, Goose Island Bourbon County Coffee 2012, Goose Island Bourbon County Coffee 2011, The Bruery Black Tuesday, Bluepoint Brewing Sour Cherry Stout, Nepenthe Ales Shire Stout, Enlightenment Ales Cosmos Export Stout, Wormtown Brewing Sweet Tat Stout.
  • Options
    I had the Stone Brewing Enjoy By 04.01.13. Phenomemal double IPA. Probably one of the most fragrant beers I've ever had. Taste was balanced perfectly and an outstanding body. If you can get your hands on it soon, I highly recommend you do.
  • Options
    y2pascoe:
    I had the Stone Brewing Enjoy By 04.01.13. Phenomemal double IPA. Probably one of the most fragrant beers I've ever had. Taste was balanced perfectly and an outstanding body. If you can get your hands on it soon, I highly recommend you do.
    Having some 3Beans by Sixpoint. Fantastic porter, but I don't recommend it with a cigar. It's a little overpowering to the smoke. image
  • Options
    Y2pascoe, I have that exact same table!! Can you tell me where it came from? I got it as a gift and have no idea where to get another one
  • Options
    Just bought Bootleggers Knuckle Sandwich can't wait to try it
  • Options
    xmacro:
    Y2pascoe, I have that exact same table!! Can you tell me where it came from? I got it as a gift and have no idea where to get another one
    It's @ my B&M. I can inquire.
  • Options
    Much appreciated. No biggie if you forget; it's just one of those things that bat around in the back of my mind. Kinda like "Who was the first guy who looked at a cows udder and thought "I think I'll drink whatever comes out of these?"" Stick out tongue [:P]
  • Options
    OK, ready: Big Lots. Don't know if that helps, but that's where he acquired them.
  • Options
    Much appreciate it, that's all I needed was a lead :)
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    We just started getting Lagunitas stuff locally so I picked up a 6er of the IPA Wednesday. I was a little green at work Thursday morning. Man that stuff is tasty.
  • Options
    pelirrojo:
    We just started getting Lagunitas stuff locally so I picked up a 6er of the IPA Wednesday. I was a little green at work Thursday morning. Man that stuff is tasty.
    If its available try the Lagunitas Sucks, man I really enjoyed that beer, bought 2 6 packs already thinking of grabbing 2 more