Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hella sour. Crazy bubbles too
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Leinenkugel's canoe paddler and a heine. 
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    Drink those two together, it becomes heine paddler
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    jgibv said:
    Bobbo2009 said:
    jgibv said:
    i'll be on the hunt for great lakes ohio city oatmeal stout bottles and oskar blues death by coconut cans this weekend ....

wish me luck
    I have a few bottles of the oatmeal stout sitting at home.  It is a damn good stout.  My son (6 years old) was with me in the grocery store and he likes to go to the beer section because of the cooler.  As we left the walk in he picks up a six pack and says, "Buy this one.  It is one of my favorites."  So I bought it on his recommendation.  I still have questions about how that is one of his favorites at 6 years old, but he was spot on with it being a good beer.
    hahah that's awesome.  yes you better question him about it.
    if he likes the beer i'm sure he'd love the "oatmeal stout cream pie cookes" recipe on the GLBC website.....https://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/node/1199 sounds absolutely delicious.

no luck tracking down the beer yet, my 2 regular spots still have Nosferatu on the shelves.  got a couple other spots i need to check out.
    I will have to check out that recipe. 

Let me know if you can't find it.  I can check around here and see if I can pick you up a 6 pack or two.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I've enjoyed several bottles of Founder's Dirty Ba$tard before, but last night was my first exposure to Backwoods Ba$tard.  It was simply fantastic.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Bobbo2009 said:
    jgibv said:
    Bobbo2009 said:
    jgibv said:
    i'll be on the hunt for great lakes ohio city oatmeal stout bottles and oskar blues death by coconut cans this weekend ....

wish me luck
    I have a few bottles of the oatmeal stout sitting at home.  It is a damn good stout.  My son (6 years old) was with me in the grocery store and he likes to go to the beer section because of the cooler.  As we left the walk in he picks up a six pack and says, "Buy this one.  It is one of my favorites."  So I bought it on his recommendation.  I still have questions about how that is one of his favorites at 6 years old, but he was spot on with it being a good beer.
    hahah that's awesome.  yes you better question him about it.
    if he likes the beer i'm sure he'd love the "oatmeal stout cream pie cookes" recipe on the GLBC website.....https://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/node/1199 sounds absolutely delicious.

no luck tracking down the beer yet, my 2 regular spots still have Nosferatu on the shelves.  got a couple other spots i need to check out.
    I will have to check out that recipe. 

Let me know if you can't find it.  I can check around here and see if I can pick you up a 6 pack or two.
    Thanks for the offer @Bobbo2009

I was able to find 4 singles at the store last weekend...so I'm all set.
    Didn't see it on the shelves, but the guy working checked "in the back" for me and gave me the last ones.  Already drank one, pretty damn good --- the others will be gone by this weekend.

Also got a growler of the Oskar Blues Death by Coconut, freakin' tasty as well.  That too will be gone, probably by tomorrow LOL

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beer and Ben & Jerry's??? Two of my favorite things, yippeeeee!!!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edna20 said:
    what did you think?

i thought it was a pretty good brown ale.  i didn't pick up much "salty-ness" though. 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, decent beer, but not as salted caramel as I would've hoped!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    OneisnoneOneisnone Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Queen's choice
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had some sweet baby Jesus, sasquatch ale and get bent mountain ipa tonight.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Enjoy By Black and Xocoveza in the growlers. 
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Sprouts had 1050's @ 2/$6. I cleaned them out. 
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Mmmmmm
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    jgibv said:
    Edna20 said:
    what did you think?

i thought it was a pretty good brown ale.  i didn't pick up much "salty-ness" though. 

I picked up a 6 pack last weekend.  It's not too bad.  I did pick up some of the salty-ness after each swig, but not a lot.  I had to search for it.  Overall, it wasn't too much Carmel or chocolate though.  Don't think I will pick up another.  Plenty of other brews out there to spend my money on 
  • Options
    Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose tonight.

Tasty sippin beer
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank goodness it's Friday or I may be an alcoholic and I hater meetings, lol.
    Firestone Walker Velvet Merlin with some Jameson Gold Reserve X 2 and thena Ballast Point Calm Before the Storm with Knappogue Castle 12 year old.
  • Options
    Gift from a friend today

Gonna drink the juju tonight
  • Options
    Mmmm nitro beers!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Santa's Private Reserve. 

-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    "Ch-ch-chee-ee-ee-eeeeeese" - Monterey Jack, Rescue Rangers
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't really care for this....but I bought so many I have to drink
    them.
  • Options
    Ewww. I'm not a gingerbread fan
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    BadTxWolf65BadTxWolf65 Posts: 6
    Newcastle Brown Ale, my beer of choice
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't really care for this....but I bought so many I have to drink
    them.
    Pack it up and bring it to Chicago RoRo our HoHo.....
  • Options
    Boulevard's Sixth Glass. Hot damn
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Local goodness.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
  • Options
    OneisnoneOneisnone Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Respect The Monkey! What do you think?
  • Options
    Bigsmoke78Bigsmoke78 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭