Home Non Cigar Related

Beer

Comments

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So good!

"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasty stuff, more malty than hoppy, @Guitarded image
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    Had this a few days ago pretty good ^^^^^
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    Thanks Michael, @Guitarded tried this guy last night and really really enjoyed this Imperial Black Ale :) 

Brett
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you enjoyed it Brett! 
    That is one of my favorite local breweries.
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.

Founder's KBS courtesy of Michael @Guitarded thanks brother it is so so so F'ing good!!!!

Brett
    It makes me happy knowing you are enjoying it my brother. Only wish there were more available. Such a great beer and limited quantities. Prost! 
    Prost!!! It was excellent and I'm wrapping it up with some Kn0b Creek Rye now, perfect end to the KBS, thanks Michael :)

Brett
    Donna and I are sharing this before dinner. I highly recommend it if it is available in your area. The chocolate is more of an aftertaste than the upfront chocolate of the local brews. image
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went a little overboard today but grabbed a praire bomb to try 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

nice, post up some pics and let us know what you think!

Brett
    A sampler of todays pickupsimage
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

I've had the Old Rasputin and Vanilla Porter before, both are outstanding hope you enjoy them, unknown about the rest!

Brett
  • NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 631 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot seem to get into the micro brewery craze, my kids love the stuff. I find most of them have an unpleasant aftertaste until I get at least a glass down. So to me a good beer is an ice cold Shiner Bock. It's my favorite beer, no bitterness no funky aftertaste that makes me question "Why am I trying to choke this down?"

The worst fears are when I visit a friend who just got into brewing their own beer and insist I try their latest creation. It's never good and I feel like I am drinking someone else's spit.   
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Usaf06 I really like Southern Tier. They make some interesting stuff!

My drink tonight...
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those bombs are absolutely amazing!
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    That prairie bomb was the best beer ive had
    -- Winston Churchill

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭

Of those that I have read, there are some very good beers listed on here.

Some of my favorites are: just about any Belgian Wheat Beer, Modelo Especial and Monk in the Trunk, a Belgian Ale. But I regress, when I sit outside and light a stick it is either coffee, single malt scotch or one of these 3 beers I have in front of me. 

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having a Founders Rubeaus raspberry ale, pretty easy drinking. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too soon?
    Dont know if its too soon morgan but i picked up these todayimage
    -- Winston Churchill

I just love those pumpkin beers.  Plus I am ready for the fall!  :smile:
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    You know it's funny because I hate anything pumpkin including pumpkin pie. But I dig some of these pumpkin ales with the fall spices. Goes great with a full moon
    -- Winston Churchill

To be fair, I've never had an imperial. But I'd rather drink Bud Light than the pumpkin beers I've tried. Not a pumpkin pie fan either.
    I tend to agree as I am not much of a flavored beer fan though I have had a few that I do enjoy. Most pumpkin beers don't hit me right, though I have had a Dogfishhead Punkin' Ale that was pretty damn tasty.

Brett
    Would anyone be interested in setting up a beer trade thread?   Maybe trade some brews?  Like maybe 4 or so from their local region?  Here in MS we are limited in what we can get
    MorganGeo said:
    Would anyone be interested in setting up a beer trade thread?   Maybe trade some brews?  Like maybe 4 or so from their local region?  Here in MS we are limited in what we can get
    I wish I had a better selection of beer here to offer. I would definitely be interested. 
    Had this one last night, far and away the best "Oktoberfest" brew I've had, highly recommend Dead Ringer by ballast point. 

Brett
    Oskar Blues Brewery. One of the darkest stouts I've had.image