Home Non Cigar Related

Beer

Comments

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like that Ten Fiddy, it is good stuff maynard!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like that Ten Fiddy, it is good stuff maynard!
    Yes it is! James40 sent me one last year. I've been looking forward to having it again since we got Oskar Blues here several months ago.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oskar Blues Brewery. One of the darkest stouts I've had.image
    Do this one again. But this time with Cheezits.  Trust
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    Just put cheezits on my grocery list
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fabeld cans have arrived.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did a little shopping tonight. Scotch for my wife and beers for me. Just opened the Sea Monster and wow. Great beer! image
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guitarded said:
    Did a little shopping tonight. Scotch for my wife and beers for me. Just opened the Sea Monster and wow. Great beer! 
    Is that the Omnipollo Noa Pecan Mud Cake stout I see? That's a great beer.
    Yes it is!! Very good eye sir.
     Only 2 in the store and the owner would not part wth the other. I hear it is a great dessert beer. Very surprised to find it here in west po-dunk! 
    Guitarded said:
    Yes it is!! Very good eye sir.
     Only 2 in the store and the owner would not part wth the other. I hear it is a great dessert beer. Very surprised to find it here in west po-dunk! 
    Should have kicked his #@#$! for it, it would have been worth it.......

Just kidding, I don't know nothing about beer o:) ..........
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking for suggestions of beers to pick up and drink while I'm in San Antonio.  Looking for good beers probably to pair with a cigar with an emphasis on stuff I can't get in California.

I know that there's a Growler place in SAT, but not sure I want to bring my growler out.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Texas is too close to Mexico. Their beer sucks.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    I know they've got Belgian beer there, one of my weaknesses and part of my heritage.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I was there I tried desperately to find a local brew I enjoyed. It was a struggle. Humperdinks wasn't bad. Try their Armadillo Eggs. It's a jalapeno popper with a chicken nugget inside. Quite tasty.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Stubble should be able to give you some insight.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just have to say the beer enjoyed in Reno was out of this world, thanks again Chris and Jiunn that was one helluva treat! 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    We are spoiled with the beer availability in California. 
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

@yakster

One of my favorite places to go is Southerleigh Food & Brewery at the Pearl.  http://atpearl.com/food

We have visited the following restaurants:  La Gloria, The Granary, Boiler House (didn’t care for that one), Bakery Lorraine, and Lick Honest Ice Creams.  There are a few more we want to try.  The Granary has a limited, yet tasty, selection of craft brews.

Southerleigh’s, from my experience, has 15-20+ craft brews.  I believe they sell growlers, but I’ve no clue if they will “fill your own.”   They have great beers and the pretzels are outta dis world IMHO…..

I plan on trying to make it up there on the 22nd in the late afternoon/early evening to enjoy a meal or at least a stick with you.  I’ll pm you my number…..

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
    Thanks, Steve. I'll have a rental car with me if that helps. 
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One for me and one for my better half.

@Yakster the app BreweryMap is your friend. I use it everywhere I go.
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya'll drink some weird shït
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
    edited October 2016
    Grabbed an EPC Dark Rituals and an Uber and headed to Flyimg Saucer for dinner, beer, and hopefully a cigar. A Yelper complained of smoking on the patio, but the patio was full despite the heat. I ordered a Sunday special Blue Owl Wet Hop Van Dayam 5.6% sour from Austin, good, but with a feint metallic taste. The San Antonio burger with chorizo, avocado, salsa, fried egg, and Tabasco mayo was great. I may try for an Old Rasputin on nitro on the patio with the cigar. image
    Nolagizmo said:
    Ya'll drink some weird shït
    Not really. Think of craft beer the same way as boutique cigars. You'll never find the good stuff if you drink Bud all the time.
    Damn Chris, that meal looks and sounds amazing.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    The amazing thing was that I made it back to the room in time because I had hellfire in my belly on the walk back.  I even lost my room key so I had to suck it up and hold tight until I could get a new key.  After dinner I went in search of more beer (the patio was still full) and found that the Big Hops Growler filling Station nearby is a bar that does growler fills, not bottle sales.  I ended up at a corner market where it was a toss-up between Steel Reserve and Dale's Pale Ale, I opted for the latter and started the walk home after lighting up the EPC Dark Ritual.  I was hoping to find some bourbon, but no spirits for sale.  Blue laws, I guess, the high-class stores were all closed Sunday.

Now I'm back in the room after a long day of technical training, interesting but mentally draining, and drinking a Dale's Pale Ale, it'll do in a pinch, it's not even a local beer.  I hope my co-workers in the class didn't notice how much gas I had today during the class.  No real good place to smoke at the hotel--it's a dump with piss-poor WiFi and no real place to sit down outside the room, not that you'd want to hang out here anywhere but behind a locked door--and I found out today that CCOM is blocked on the work network here.  Can't win for losing, I guess.  The Kitchenette which I picked over a smoking room comes equipped with a fridge, microwave, and stove but no pots, pans, utensils, or anything else useful so it's almost useless.

I'll just plan some B&M trips a couple of times while I'm out here and suck it up.  One of my co-workers from Mexico City has a rental car and is staying nearby so I'll probably hitch some rides in and out to dinner with him.

I didn't finish that first can of DPA, but happily enjoyed a Left Hand nitro milk stout last night with a LFD Airbender. 
    Just got home from my niece's wedding in Silverthorne Colorado. I went a little overboard because we can't get most of these in NM! image
    That yeti is very good
    MOW badge received.
    Surlyimage