Home Non Cigar Related
Options

I made this.

Comments

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that's a lot of measuring!! Very nice work Nate!!!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently this is the latest thing, Teak shower mats. I just finished this set for a client and have orders from three more clients. 
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are pretty. 

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    teak shower mats? never heard of such a thing. 

is that supposed to stay in place 24/7? 
    interesting.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heres a couple of picts. First me starting a sculptural bowl and second the finished bowl,with an babe.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Now, come on, Rodger. Level with us. That second photo is photo-shopped, right?  Otherwise, where did you find a little person to sit in it?

Judging from the size of that burl in comparison to your size, it isn't big enough for a full-sized woman to fit in it like the photo would have us believe. Am I right??

And besides, I thought you were into turning. You'd have to have a humongous off-center turning setup to turn that burl as shown there....
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    Now, come on, Rodger. Level with us. That second photo is photo-shopped, right?  Otherwise, where did you find a little person to sit in it?

Judging from the size of that burl in comparison to your size, it isn't big enough for a full-sized woman to fit in it like the photo would have us believe. Am I right??

And besides, I thought you were into turning. You'd have to have a humongous off-center turning setup to turn that burl as shown there....
    He found them!!
    He found the land of the elves and fairies!
    @LiquidChaos66, maybe @First_Warrior can ask the elves and fairies if they've seen any trolls.

I'm sorry, it was too good an opportunity to pass up.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    When I finished the bowl ( it took me a year) it was 5ft 10 inches long, 4ft 10 inches wide  and 4ft 6 inches deep. Photo is true. The babe is the daughter of a friend and she is 5ft 6" The bowl was a comission and is now in a museum. here's another photo.imageimage
    14.jpg 74.3K
  • Options
    Wow!  Just.... Wow!  That's impressive, my friend. So, what you're saying is that it's not a turned vessel but a hollowed vessel. What did you use?  The nose of a chainsaw?

The photo of you cutting the burl out is deceiving. It just doesn't appear to be as large as it must be. Amazing....  ;)
  • Options
    Saw this video today.
    I thought it was interesting.

https://youtu.be/_roPv_WrZzw
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    jlmarta said:
    Wow!  Just.... Wow!  That's impressive, my friend. So, what you're saying is that it's not a turned vessel but a hollowed vessel. What did you use?  The nose of a chainsaw?

The photo of you cutting the burl out is deceiving. It just doesn't appear to be as large as it must be. Amazing....  ;)
    My computer was down for a few days. I installed a bolt through the chainsaw bar that limited the depth of cut to four inches. Cross hatch and bust out with a crowbar. I then used several power woodcarving tools i have. Had to get a air helmet cause i spent a week inside the bowl sanding and final shaping. Glad I did it and don't want to do another.
  • Options
    jlmarta said:

My computer was down for a few days. I installed a bolt through the chainsaw bar that limited the depth of cut to four inches. Cross hatch and bust out with a crowbar. I then used several power woodcarving tools i have. Had to get a air helmet cause i spent a week inside the bowl sanding and final shaping. Glad I did it and don't want to do another.
    jlmarta said:

Well, as I said, WOW! You do some amazing things, my friend....
  • Options
    Since we are doing some remodeling and I was looking for the remodeling thread and found this, I had to reply to it, because it is such awesome work.

Not taking away from anyone's work, but the door that @onestrangeone did is way too cool!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    HrycajHrycaj Posts: 62 ✭✭
    @First_Warrior do you still turn? Professionally?
  • Options
    Hrycaj said:
    @First_Warrior do you still turn? Professionally?
    I had to laugh when I read this and my wife asked what I was laughing about. When I told her what it said, all she said was, "OMG, You are such a 5 year old."

Ok, so my mind was in the gutter. This surprised her?
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you closed it up how many cigar boxes would it hold? Not bad for a Zamboni dude.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Latest project, just need to clean up the numbers.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WAF high on this project, surprisingly. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump, main crafty thread
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Work had me make a skate rack for 16 skates.  First time making 1 with just a larger all ready put together prefab to go by.
    What are the other 16 slots for?
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The blade of one skate fits in between the two close together pvc sections.  So each section holds four pairs of skates.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats pretty crafy
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but your original post said 16 skates. That’s only 8 pairs unless I’ve gone completely ‘round the bend...   :#
  • Options
    Ready, men. All together, now. PICK NITS!!!   :p