Home Non Cigar Related
Options

I made this.

Comments

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but your original post said 16 skates. That’s only 8 pairs unless I’ve gone completely ‘round the bend...   :#
    Ha, I gotcha now.  8 pairs of skates, must have gotten into the scotch when I posted.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks pretty cool Chris!!  
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Is is that a pasta roller?
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a pasta machine made for rolling out clay to make kneading easier.  Found it at a thrift a while ago.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used my BBQ thermometer setup in my toaster oven to check the temps while I baked the Sculpy.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    You sir are a true Eagle Scout 
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    More nubbers

Those are pretty bad @$$!
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My friend Bill made this for me, it is fully functional, I just don't know how to make it work.  Bill has made 3 so far one of them being electric, he is very talented.

That’s what I need for the lounge!
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Sooo, I've wanted to get into pyrography for a long time and my wife just bought me a starter kit.  Any of you tried your hand at it?  Tips, suggestions, or ideas for projects?

My imagination is probably running far ahead of my skill right now.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    walking sticks, cutting boards, some of these:
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=wood+burning+projects&iax=images&ia=images
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a pointed stick once.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel said:
    Sooo, I've wanted to get into pyrography for a long time and my wife just bought me a starter kit.  Any of you tried your hand at it?  Tips, suggestions, or ideas for projects?

My imagination is probably running far ahead of my skill right now.
    I often use a pyrographic pen to create a pattern on the rim of some of the small bowls I turn. I also use the pen to burn a line to separate surfaces in wood carvings. Have fun.
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Latest one I made for a retired Navy friend. Sunk some .45 ACP shells into the box and glued them in. I think this one turned out pretty neat. 

Brett
    Brett, that is really nice.  My Unit gifted me something similar when I PCSd to Germany. I was one of the NCOs that traded my 1911 for a Baretta while kicking and screaming in 1985. Unfortunately it got smashed in one of my subsequent moves.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks brother, but that’s a shame yours got crushed. Really sorry to hear that as it sounds very neat as well as special. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guitarded said:
    It's been quite hot in the Casita de Fumar this summer so I decided to make a diy redneck air conditioner.
    I spent 14 dollars on a fan and 6 for a piece of pvc and an elbow. Used an old cooler, a shelf from a wine cooler, and cut a piece of washable are filter that was left here when we bought the house. First half bag of ice lasted about an hour and cooled the little 14×12 shed nicely.

There are geniuses among us. 
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    There are geniuses among us. 
    I wouldn't go that far...   ;)
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks cool Tony. Have you seen the stands Tenaciousbeastcbg makes on IG yet?
  • Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

Added as an image above.

Added as an attachment.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    @deadman
    Haven't seen them. Will have to take a look.

Just took a look.
    Those are wild.
    We haven't tried creating our own stuff yet. Most the files are free use ones.
    But we have ideas once we figure out how to make the files.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.