What Booze Did You Get Today?

Comments

• Options
    Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    I am going to buy another bottle of bourbon next week as well. Trying to decide between 1792, Eagle, Angels, or Blantons. I only buy one every other month or so, straights are my thing, love buffalo trace.
    Based on what you said that you love straight and Buffalo Trace I would recommend the Eagle Rare the highest myself, Blanton's would also be a good choice but that is significantly more expensive and I can't say it is that much better than Eagle Rare IMHO, love that stuff! I like the Angel's a ton also but with a finishing cask being used it isn't technically bourbon anymore and definitely isn't Straight. Hope you enjoy and best of luck on the new grab!
    Word, Eagle rare or 1792 it is then. Maybe both lol!
    I'm out of my Eagle's bottle, haven't had one for a while but I have 1792 right now and it is outstanding, and if you can find it for $20-25 then it is one of the best values you can find, very smooth and flavorful and quite nicely balanced. Easy to drink neat or with a splash.

I'd recommend the Eagle as well, but I'm just getting into whiskey so what do I know!
    Today's pickup, another of Irish's suggestions.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    amz1301:
    Good looking pick ups today.
    this is high in my list. I love their regular straight.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edna20:
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    I am going to buy another bottle of bourbon next week as well. Trying to decide between 1792, Eagle, Angels, or Blantons. I only buy one every other month or so, straights are my thing, love buffalo trace.
    Based on what you said that you love straight and Buffalo Trace I would recommend the Eagle Rare the highest myself, Blanton's would also be a good choice but that is significantly more expensive and I can't say it is that much better than Eagle Rare IMHO, love that stuff! I like the Angel's a ton also but with a finishing cask being used it isn't technically bourbon anymore and definitely isn't Straight. Hope you enjoy and best of luck on the new grab!
    Word, Eagle rare or 1792 it is then. Maybe both lol!
    I'm out of my Eagle's bottle, haven't had one for a while but I have 1792 right now and it is outstanding, and if you can find it for $20-25 then it is one of the best values you can find, very smooth and flavorful and quite nicely balanced. Easy to drink neat or with a splash.

I'd recommend the Eagle as well, but I'm just getting into whiskey so what do I know!
    Today's pickup, another of Irish's suggestions.
    Very nice, I've heard good things about that one as a wheat whiskey, going to be lighter and a softer edge to it compared to rye heavy whiskey. Enjoy!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    amz1301:
    Very nice Andy, you're building quite a nice bar yourself lately brother very cool to watch it develop enjoy my friend! Never know when someone decides they want to help you with that task or maybe some cigars to pair it with.....
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    amz1301:
    Ooh on my try list
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    The Kid:
    custom made whiskey, gluhwein and EHT, Very Nice fellas!!!

Heres my latestphoto 20150116_202202.jpg
    Awesome presentation for sure!!!! What is the story about that one?
    Heres a colorful writeup,;o*
    http://maltimpostor.com/2014/10/the-arran-devils-punch-bowl-chapter-iii-the-fiendish-finale-750-ml-ultimate-vessel/
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    That is pretty sweet. So much great stuff out there just like Cigars. Hoping to add some more stuff in the next few weeks. Have my eye on a few things and there's definitely been some great pickups in here fo sho. Enjoy everyone.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    These two arrived yesterday courtesy of Walt for the Weller 13 year and Patrick Brick for the delish looking Tom Gin!! Thanks Gang can't wait until I am feeling better and can partake!

• Options
    Wow, what awesome gifts! Enjoy!
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    These two arrived yesterday courtesy of Walt for the Weller 13 year and Patrick Brick for the delish looking Tom Gin!! Thanks Gang can't wait until I am feeling better and can partake!

Should I have sent you a bottle? Seems like everyone else did. Dang enjoy
  • Options
    Glock1975:
    90+ Irishman:

Should I have sent you a bottle? Seems like everyone else did. Dang enjoy
    LMAO uh yeah no! People have been going properly loony around here lately so no you should not have. Thanks though, very amazing gifts to say the least!
  • Options
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Gray4lines:
    Good pickups. Best two of the bourbons I've tried so far. Had some of the knob creek the other night. Probably have some more tonight.
  • Options
    amz1301:
    Gray4lines:
    Good pickups. Best two of the bourbons I've tried so far. Had some of the knob creek the other night. Probably have some more tonight.
    good to hear! I enjoyed the LP rye, been really wanting to try the single barrel. Heard eagle was nice, and $28 isn't bad!
  • Options
    Just a couple four things including a bit o' Pliny ;)

• Options
    Gray4lines:
    Very nice love the Eagle as I have been saying lately and that Knob Creek looks great, plus it's always cool to see a store exclusive single barrel anyways :)
  • Options
    Yeah I thought that was kinda neat that they picked their own barrel. I saw some four roses single barrel cask str., but decided on the other 2. Do you know how the four roses single barrel (regular) compare to the barrel strength?
  • Options
    Haven't had the regular so can't say, just know they are going to get harder and harder to find.
  • Options
    Gray4lines:
    Yeah I thought that was kinda neat that they picked their own barrel. I saw some four roses single barrel cask str., but decided on the other 2. Do you know how the four roses single barrel (regular) compare to the barrel strength?
    This is a difficult question to answer, While the single barrel is @ 50% abv. The private selections will vary in ABV. Furthermore each private cask will have different yeast strains, I don't remember what they are. Jhewey posted some info listing each strain. Not only that but a business will select a barrel that tickles their fancy, so each private cask will be different form another private cask and so on. Really no way to tell for sure till you have an idea which formula you like best and then that will put you in the ballpark with private casks. If my memory serves me the 2014 LE release was an OESV. Its really one of those things that you have to experience for yourself.
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:

Is that another private bottle?? whats the formula on that one???? Ahhh Pliny,,,,,,, hahaha
  • Options
    The Kid:
    90+ Irishman:

Is that another private bottle?? whats the formula on that one???? Ahhh Pliny,,,,,,, hahaha
    I will have to get more info, I asked and he said the mash bill was 60% corn, 30% rye and 10% barley and I think it's OESV but don't quote me on that. and yeah another bottle lol, I'm never going to find it again and it was down to their last two and with the other LE Single Barrel being discontinued I won't ever find this one again and it's my fav so the missus actually understood and I was able to pick it up without living in the doghouse lol.
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    The Kid:
    90+ Irishman:

I will have to get more info, I asked and he said the mash bill was 60% corn, 30% rye and 10% barley and I think it's OESV but don't quote me on that. and yeah another bottle lol, I'm never going to find it again and it was down to their last two and with the other LE Single Barrel being discontinued I won't ever find this one again and it's my fav so the missus actually understood and I was able to pick it up without living in the doghouse lol.
    I think that was a wise decision.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Pappy makes me Happy!!! Entered a lotto for a chance to buy this. Friggin stoked!!!!photo C5178811-9B5F-431C-B9AC-558202B27E34.jpg
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Pappy makes me Happy!!! Entered a lotto for a chance to buy this. Friggin stoked!!!!photo C5178811-9B5F-431C-B9AC-558202B27E34.jpg
    NICE!!!!!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Congrats Vinny, NICE pick up there can't even imagine how friggin' hard that was to locate! Enjoy bro and drink up :)
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Why can everyone find cask strength four roses. And I can't find ***. Grr I hate Pa!!!
  • Options
    JHewey:
    Why can everyone find cask strength four roses. And I can't find ***. Grr I hate Pa!!!
    I can get my hands on one more bottle at least, they still had one left there so if you want just let me know bro. I'd have bought the last one if I could swing it but aint happening. If you have the money I highly suggest it, at least for me it was far and away the best I've had.
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    JHewey:
    I can get my hands on one more bottle at least, they still had one left there so if you want just let me know bro. I'd have bought the last one if I could swing it but aint happening. If you have the money I highly suggest it, at least for me it was far and away the best I've had.
    I saw at least a few as well. Let me know
  • Options
    Gray4lines:
    90+ Irishman:
    JHewey:
    I saw at least a few as well. Let me know
    Another shipment in

photo 20150124_095800.jpg
    photo 20150122_135522.jpg