Home General Discussion
Options

What Booze Did You Get Today?

Comments

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    buffalodave:
    This happened to be the first thread to pop up and this is my first post...also happened to grab a bottle of Glenmorangie 12 Earlie today. Is there a new members thread were I should or could introduce myself ??
    Welcome Dave, glad to have you among us and welcome to Ccom! Nice pickup on that purchase and Doug (D Fresh) bumped the New Member Inteoduction thread. We are all pretty relaxed and a bunch of troublemakers so enjoy and have fun and make sure to post and start joining in ;)

Thanks for bumping those Doug and nice job!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    buffalodavebuffalodave Posts: 29
    90+ Irishman:
    buffalodave:
    This happened to be the first thread to pop up and this is my first post...also happened to grab a bottle of Glenmorangie 12 Earlie today.

Is there a new members thread were I should or could introduce myself ??
    Welcome Dave, glad to have you among us and welcome to Ccom! Nice pickup on that purchase and Doug (D Fresh) bumped the New Member Inteoduction thread. We are all pretty relaxed and a bunch of troublemakers so enjoy and have fun and make sure to post and start joining in ;)

Thanks and I appreciate it. Just trying to enjoy all my vices at once...hope I can learn a lot here
  • Options
    buffalodave:
    90+ Irishman:
    buffalodave:
    This happened to be the first thread to pop up and this is my first post...also happened to grab a bottle of Glenmorangie 12 Earlie today. Is there a new members thread were I should or could introduce myself ??

Thanks and I appreciate it. Just trying to enjoy all my vices at once...hope I can learn a lot here
    Not a problem at all and I hear us, the Non-Cigar Related thread is where a lot of other vices are posted about FYI :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    buffalodave:
    Nice choice. I really like the 10!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    I got my eclipse in this weekend. yayyyy
  • Options
    Nice pickups Jiunn!!!! Looks mighty tasty for sure :)
  • Options
    beer. does a body fat
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    I got my eclipse in this weekend. yayyyy
    Do the different colors mean different beers or is it just a marketing thing to get people like Jiunn to buy them?
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Haha you silly pants. Wax color represents the booze barrel aged
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahhh very cool. Let me know how it is. Cannot say I have ever seen this around these parts. I'm going to keep my eye open for it though.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Click Here to win a bottle of Pappy 20 year....

Oh...and here is my contribution! Homemade whiskey from a BOTL.

photo A55440C3-9559-4A67-A69B-D1946AAE8B6F_zpsfrajdbne.jpg
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:

Dang Dustin homemade? A review is a must, and info.
  • Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:

Would love another bottle of Pappy so thanks for that link! And definitely curious how that homemade whiskey tastes!
  • Options
    Just had my wisdom teeth pulled, so it will be a about two weeks before I can open it. BTW Ray, I found those cigars... Saw them last week, but my old hippie mind forgot to text you!
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    Just had my wisdom teeth pulled, so it will be a about two weeks before I can open it. BTW Ray, I found those cigars... Saw them last week, but my old hippie mind forgot to text you!
    You'll be sore. Whiskey is good for that!
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    CrouseferCrousefer Posts: 445 ✭✭
    While it may seem like Walmart brand oakleaf wine it is in fact two bottles of homemade glühwein[ that has been aging since xmas! Dry wine mulled with spiced barbados rum and hints of clove oranges sugars, spices , and everything nices!image
  • Options
    CrouseferCrousefer Posts: 445 ✭✭
  • Options
    Gray4lines:
    catfishbluezz:
    Not on antibiotics! I think I am done with them next Mon, so thats when I open it lol
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    custom made whiskey, gluhwein and EHT, Very Nice fellas!!!

Heres my latestphoto 20150116_202202.jpg
  • Options
    I am going to buy another bottle of bourbon next week as well. Trying to decide between 1792, Eagle, Angels, or Blantons. I only buy one every other month or so, straights are my thing, love buffalo trace.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    Gray4lines:
    catfishbluezz:
    Not on antibiotics! I think I am done with them next Mon, so thats when I open it lol
    Haha! Yeah... hope you heal up well.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    I am going to buy another bottle of bourbon next week as well. Trying to decide between 1792, Eagle, Angels, or Blantons. I only buy one every other month or so, straights are my thing, love buffalo trace.
    I've been wanting to try eagle. Buffalo is very good! Good deal too.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,807 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:

Tough decision there. Like them all but would go with the Angels personally. Love Buffalo Trace as well, and for the price it is a staple.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    Based on what you said that you love straight and Buffalo Trace I would recommend the Eagle Rare the highest myself, Blanton's would also be a good choice but that is significantly more expensive and I can't say it is that much better than Eagle Rare IMHO, love that stuff! I like the Angel's a ton also but with a finishing cask being used it isn't technically bourbon anymore and definitely isn't Straight. Hope you enjoy and best of luck on the new grab!
  • Options
    The Kid:
    custom made whiskey, gluhwein and EHT, Very Nice fellas!!!

Heres my latestphoto 20150116_202202.jpg
    Awesome presentation for sure!!!! What is the story about that one?
  • Options
    jimmyv723:
    Very nice pick ups Jim!!!! HAven't had the Colonel yet but very much on my screen, let me know what you get from the Small Batch, I've loved most everything I have drank so far from the Buffalo Trace distillery. And that 1792 is a fave of mine, I'm already about 1/3 down on my bottle in the past 3 weeks alone, brilliant one and if you can find it for less than $25 its an amazing steal!
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    Based on what you said that you love straight and Buffalo Trace I would recommend the Eagle Rare the highest myself, Blanton's would also be a good choice but that is significantly more expensive and I can't say it is that much better than Eagle Rare IMHO, love that stuff! I like the Angel's a ton also but with a finishing cask being used it isn't technically bourbon anymore and definitely isn't Straight. Hope you enjoy and best of luck on the new grab!
    Word, Eagle rare or 1792 it is then. Maybe both lol!
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    Word, Eagle rare or 1792 it is then. Maybe both lol!
    I'm out of my Eagle's bottle, haven't had one for a while but I have 1792 right now and it is outstanding, and if you can find it for $20-25 then it is one of the best values you can find, very smooth and flavorful and quite nicely balanced. Easy to drink neat or with a splash.
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Good looking pick ups today.