letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    My current collection photo 20150114_211627.jpg

photo Cgosms_2014-10-0806-15-41.jpg

photo 20150114_211808.jpgphoto 20150114_212428.jpg

and some beer I picked up over the holidays

photo 20141224_214717.jpg
  • Options
    might have to click on the pics to see them, didn't feel like re-sizing.
  • Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    letsgowithbob:
    might have to click on the pics to see them, didn't feel like re-sizing.
    Very nice collection!
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great collection Bob, I bet those cask strengths are outstanding for the Angel's Envy! What years releases are they? And what do you think about the Willet Expiramemt Cask Finish bottle with the puppeteer picture on the sleeve? I've heard some good and bad things so I'm curious to hear your take.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    letsgowithbob:
    photo 20150114_211808.jpg
    Two bottles of cask strength?!?! ,,,,,Nice
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    Great collection Bob, I bet those cask strengths are outstanding for the Angel's Envy! What years releases are they? And what do you think about the Willet Expiramemt Cask Finish bottle with the puppeteer picture on the sleeve? I've heard some good and bad things so I'm curious to hear your take.

Thanks. The Angels Envy Cask Strength are the 2013 releases (Silver hardware on the box, and dates on the bottle) (2012 aka "the unicorn" has gold hardware)
    In the 2013 allocation, I was on the list for a bottle, but no bottles ever came, so I never got to buy one. Fast forward a few months to April 2014 and my friend at the liquor store calls me and says "I just did a stock query on the 2014 release, and the distributor says they have 1 case (3 bottles) in the warehouse of the 2013 still

I asked him if he could get it, and told him I would take the case if he could. So long story short. I have opened and finished one bottle. It was phenomenal. I'm not "just a bourbon guy". I like the original Angels envy, and to me the cask strength was head and shoulders above it. The flavors were deeper, and richer. I think if you like Angels Envy, you will like the CS.

I have a few bottles of liquor and cigars that I save for life events or something else special (sometimes just the right group of friends over that can truly appreciate it, or that have no clue about the specialness of the liquor, but by their presence I will remember it forever). The other two Cask Strengths, the Edradour (best liquor I have ever had), and a few others are in the Special occasion box.

I haven't tried the Willets XCF yet. I have a few more bottles ahead of it, and I'm waiting for a few friends schedules to line up that I think will like the rye and the Curacao bitters flavors. It is interesting to me. I am also close to pulling the trigger on the Woodford Reserve Pinot Noir finish. I need to ask Glock what he thought of his.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Sick collection bobaroo!
  • Options
    letsgowithbob:
    90+ Irishman:

Thanks. The Angels Envy Cask Strength are the 2013 releases (Silver hardware on the box, and dates on the bottle) (2012 aka "the unicorn" has gold hardware)
    In the 2013 allocation, I was on the list for a bottle, but no bottles ever came, so I never got to buy one. Fast forward a few months to April 2014 and my friend at the liquor store calls me and says "I just did a stock query on the 2014 release, and the distributor says they have 1 case (3 bottles) in the warehouse of the 2013 still

I asked him if he could get it, and told him I would take the case if he could. So long story short. I have opened and finished one bottle. It was phenomenal. I'm not "just a bourbon guy". I like the original Angels envy, and to me the cask strength was head and shoulders above it. The flavors were deeper, and richer. I think if you like Angels Envy, you will like the CS.

I have a few bottles of liquor and cigars that I save for life events or something else special (sometimes just the right group of friends over that can truly appreciate it, or that have no clue about the specialness of the liquor, but by their presence I will remember it forever). The other two Cask Strengths, the Edradour (best liquor I have ever had), and a few others are in the Special occasion box.

I haven't tried the Willets XCF yet. I have a few more bottles ahead of it, and I'm waiting for a few friends schedules to line up that I think will like the rye and the Curacao bitters flavors. It is interesting to me. I am also close to pulling the trigger on the Woodford Reserve Pinot Noir finish. I need to ask Glock what he thought of his.
    Totally understand and that sounds amazing and I can truly appreciate the thinking of saving stuff like that as I do the same as well with my Pops and a few special people. Enjoy man and that does sound absolutely outstanding! Interested to hear about the Willett when you eventually crack into that ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Will do, If you are looking for a bottle, I can get it for 120, I believe there were 4 left yesterday, let me know.
  • Options
    letsgowithbob:
    Will do, If you are looking for a bottle, I can get it for 120, I believe there were 4 left yesterday, let me know.
    Thanks Bob, as much as I would love to since the normal Angels Envy is a fav of mine as well, I straight up can't afoord it between what I've already spent and all the bombing I'm doing. Thanks though for the offer ;)
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    letsgowithbob:
    Thanks Bob, as much as I would love to since the normal Angels Envy is a fav of mine as well, I straight up can't afoord it between what I've already spent and all the bombing I'm doing. Thanks though for the offer ;)
    okay cool, the 120 was for the the willlett
  • Options
    Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last two days, start of our whiskey habit. Thanks for the recommendations Brett. Still looking for the Wellers.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    Edna20:
    Last two days, start of our whiskey habit. Thanks for the recommendations Brett. Still looking for the Wellers.
    Awesome choices Edna way cool, I haven't had the Knob Creek but all of the others I eirhwr have or have had and really enjoy them a lot hope you do too :)
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Costco started selling chimay blue...I'm happy :)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Krieg:
    Costco started selling chimay blue...I'm happy :)
    Really love Trappist Ales like Chimay, Westmalle and Rochefort are probably my two favorites that you can get stateside but Westvleteran is my fav of them all. Chimay is right up there though, there Tripel is outstanding as is their Quad, don't care for their Double though.
  • Options
    Anyone had the Wild Trukey Kentucky Spirit Single Barrel Biurbon? I'm very much enjoying single barrels lately and somehow had missed or glossed over this one. Thoughts, feelings or warnings lol?
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    Anyone had the Wild Trukey Kentucky Spirit Single Barrel Biurbon? I'm very much enjoying single barrels lately and somehow had missed or glossed over this one. Thoughts, feelings or warnings lol?
    Nope. Only Wild Turkey I have had recently is the diamond edition. I'll see if any of my bourbon drinking friends have tried it.
  • Options
    D Fresh:
    90+ Irishman:
    Nope. Only Wild Turkey I have had recently is the diamond edition. I'll see if any of my bourbon drinking friends have tried it.
    How is the Diamond, worth the steep price tag or a good bourbon but overpriced?
  • Options
    I really enjoy the Diamond. It's got good balance and is great neat. Given that it was limited release I don't mind the price tag.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    D Fresh:
    I really enjoy the Diamond. It's got good balance and is great neat. Given that it was limited release I don't mind the price tag.
    Makes sense, and glad it tastes so good as well, though Jimmy really knows his stuff and I love that him and his son work side by side. Something like 90 years of experience between the two. Plus the bottle and presentation is outstanding!
  • Options
    Nice Randy, you a bit of a brandy man . If you like brandy I would highly encourage you to look into try some cognacs especially because they do tend to pair very well with cigars from my experience. Hope you enjoy bro!
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Nice Randy, you a bit of a brandy man . If you like brandy I would highly encourage you to look into try some cognacs especially because they do tend to pair very well with cigars from my experience. Hope you enjoy bro!
    You give me too much credit. Friend turned me on to it because it mixes with coke well ;)
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Giggity!! And for 26 bucks. Will pour a glass later...photo C3814D20-BF68-481D-99D1-BF6384E7996C.jpg
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Giggity!! And for 26 bucks. Will pour a glass later...photo C3814D20-BF68-481D-99D1-BF6384E7996C.jpg
    Let us know how it is!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Love it! One of the absolute best values out there and one of my favorites regardless of cost.
  • Options
    Great pick up Vinny, glad you need up enjoying the pour so much!
  • Options
    buffalodavebuffalodave Posts: 29
    This happened to be the first thread to pop up and this is my first post...also happened to grab a bottle of Glenmorangie 12 Earlie today.

Is there a new members thread were I should or could introduce myself ??
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum! I have bumped a couple of the welcoming threads for you
  • Options
    buffalodavebuffalodave Posts: 29
    D Fresh:
    Welcome to the forum! I have bumped a couple of the welcoming threads for you

Thanks. Appreciate it. Enjoying some football today