Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Resurrecting the MYSTERY STICK game

Comments

• Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Schwing and a miss!!! One more to guess, then I need a volunteer!

Who wants a try?

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options

Cigar C:

6x50 Toro Light Brown Wrapper

Prelight draw was tight and continued through first half. Had to touch up 3 times in first half, but straightened for the secomd half. Mellow spice and leather flavors to start, got much better second half.

Burn issues are confusing so a total shot in the dark.

Ezra Zion All my Exes.

Thanks @charlieHeis.

Who want to go next?? And remember just guess what you are smoking. No long reviews necessary.

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was a DPG Blue. I find a tight draw on those frequently. 
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guitarded said:

Cigar C:

6x50 Toro Light Brown Wrapper

Prelight draw was tight and continued through first half. Had to touch up 3 times in first half, but straightened for the secomd half. Mellow spice and leather flavors to start, got much better second half.

Burn issues are confusing so a total shot in the dark.

Ezra Zion All my Exes.

Thanks @charlieHeis.

Who want to go next?? And remember just guess what you are smoking. No long reviews necessary.

nice guesses @Guitarded

the whole point of this one is to have fun with it, hope you enjoyed! 
    and yes, no super long review necessary!

maybe we can get someone who's never played before to step up and give this a shot.....

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options

I knew the last guess was way off. Thanks @jgibv and @CharlieHeis. This was an interesting game.  I apologize for the delay.

Who wants to be next?

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Usaf06 told me he really wants to do it
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, too busy right now. I'll get to it later on.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    edited June 2016
    who's steppin up to the plate here? 

anyone? anyone?
    bueller?
    bueller?
    bueller?

if no one signs up by the end of next week, how about you send 'em my way @guitarded
    i'll have some free time around the 4th. 

• Options
    Great idea! I need a volunteer! I promise to make it as easy as possible. 
  • Options
    Bump! Remember you don't have to pen a review. Just guess what they are.
  • Options
    Bump! 
  • Options
    CigarPunkCigarPunk Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    Heck you could leave the band on it and I would still fail. 
  • Options
    Did you find any takers yet @Guitarded

If not, I'll take on the challenge.

• Options
    PM me that addy my man. I will get them out tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Guitarded said:
    PM me that addy my man. I will get them out tomorrow. 
    sounds good! lookin' forward to it.  been a while since i did a "blind review"!

• Options
    I got the mystery sticks and a couple extras from Michael @Guitarded yesterday. 
    Thank you brother! 
    And please tell me about these Ezra Zion smokes, I haven't kept up with their offerings lately.

Also, I could not wait to get this started so I fired up Mystery Stick **A** this morning, great smoke!

It seemed to be about a 5x50 robusto, and was a very nice looking cigar. 
    Flawless construction, no blemishes or damage on the outside, and a consistent deep-reddish-brown hue from top to bottom.
    The pre-light aroma was leather and hardwood with a hint of sweetness (maybe honey?)

The flavors were pretty dang consistent throughout the 1.5 hour smoke, and I picked up oak, cedar, terra firma, and an aftertaste of sweet caramel sauce. 

The burn stayed razor sharp and the construction was top notch, this cigar did not require any touch-ups.  I would certainly smoke this one again.

I'm not sure I've had this one before, and am scratching my head trying to figure out what it could be. 
    The closest thing I can think of is the PSD4, but, IIRC, the PSD was a much drier smoke than this and I don't remember a sweetness with the PSD. 

But, since I can't come up with anything else, I'll guess Partagas Serie D No. 4 for Mystery Stick A

• Options
    Dang I am slackin....going to fire up stick "B" tonight. 

And has anyone "seen" Michael @Guitarded , around this week....I'm curious to know what stick "A" was.

• Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that  @Guitarded is in Canada EH
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    johnnyB said:
    I think that  @Guitarded is in Canada EH
    i bet he went up there for some french fries & gravy. 

thanks for the head's up.

• Options
    sorry, still slacking on this. 

mystery sticks b & c are larger vitolas, been busy, and haven't had 1.5+ hours to sit down and dedicate to the cigars yet. 

i will make some time this upcoming weekend and smoke both of them. 

until then, if anyone wants to go next, step on up and LMK, I'll get your package out so this isn't held up any longer. 

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    John, @jgibv , I still have two mystery sticks from you. Any chance you remember what they are if I showed you pic of them? I have been wanting to smoke them and try my hand at this?

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    John, @jgibv , I still have two mystery sticks from you. Any chance you remember what they are if I showed you pic of them? I have been wanting to smoke them and try my hand at this?

Brett
    @90+_Irishman , Brett sure you can post up a couple pictures (and maybe the dimensions too?).....

I'll take a look but I seriously doubt I remember what they are.....I can barely remember what I had for breakfast haha.
    I will check and see if I have pics of them saved on my computer somewhere, that's about the only way I would remember what they are.

• Options

The Mystery A is a Connecticut robusto and Mystery B is a broadleaf wrapper closed foot and probably 52rg and 4-4.5" I can measure closer soon. Thanks man btw this was sent by you to me 4/8/15 if that helps. 

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options

The Mystery A is a Connecticut robusto and Mystery B is a broadleaf wrapper closed foot and probably 52rg and 4-4.5" I can measure closer soon. Thanks man btw this was sent by you to me 4/8/15 if that helps. 

Brett
    @90+_Irishman .... hmm not entirely sure bro, sorry.  i looked through my computer & phone and did not find any pics of them. if i did have pics or a note about what they were, i'm sure it got deleted long ago.

but....i do have a hunch for stick "B".....it kind of looks like a viaje supershot. 
    the wrapper color seems about right and i know the supershots have a closed foot like that.  and that's the only "closed foot" cigar i remember having....

but i have no clue on what "A" would be...

• Options
    I would have guessed Supershot too question is is it the corojo or criollo but smoking it will tell me, the criollo is far spicier so should be easy to tell. The only other thing I could think of would maybe be a Full Moon, most super shots are no longer than 3.5" and I am pretty darned sure this one is. Dunno LOL

Brett
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Full moon is bigger 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    Well now I really don't know what it is because here is a Full Moon, Super Shot, and Skull and Bones Ivan next to it and none are close lol. 

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that you see them in perspective im pretty sure thats a supershot 12g
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    @wylaff I'm not so sure Wayne, the 12 gauge is roughly the same size just a different Rg. Here is a better pic for comparison, the mystery stick is over 4" or right at it. The biggest Super Shot I can find reference of is 3.5" at longest  

Brett
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tat makes a couple 4x50s with closed feet...
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...