Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Resurrecting the MYSTERY STICK game

Comments

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Third & final mystery stick "C" from @pelirrojo ;

Approx 6 1/8 x 54 figurado
    Flawless wrapper, beautiful caramel tan color with a light reddish hue when the light hits it.
    Prelight smells of hay & tobacco.

Flavor - mild, mellow, and smooth.  
    Leather, hay, cedar and fresh cut grass take turns in the spotlight the first 1/2.

The slightest hint of peppercorn on the back of the throat in the second 1/2.
    More leather & wood to the end.

Perfect burn the whole way & held ash like a champ. Smoked to the nub.

Hmm this might be the toughest to guess of all 3.
    My experience with Cubans is extremely limited but I'm almost thinking its a Cuban of some sort.  No idea which one but I'll leave my guess as "Cuban" if that's ok.

Thanks Gordon for the great smokes, I'd definitely smoke all of them again.

now....who wants to be my huckleberry and play next?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    "C" was a Camacho Havana(the yellow and gold band) from prior to the re-branding. I expected that one to be the toughest to guess. I was hoping the size might help point you in the right direction though. I tried to give some cigars that might be identifiable by blender characteristics like the DPG spice. I also tried to give you some hints with the "body guards" as one was an illusione and one was a DPG blend. Good guesses though. It's a lot harder than you would think once you take the preconceived notions you get from the band away. That was fun. I'll have to play again sometime in the future.
  • Options
    pelirrojo said:
    "C" was a Camacho Havana(the yellow and gold band) from prior to the re-branding. I expected that one to be the toughest to guess. I was hoping the size might help point you in the right direction though. I tried to give some cigars that might be identifiable by blender characteristics like the DPG spice. I also tried to give you some hints with the "body guards" as one was an illusione and one was a DPG blend. Good guesses though. It's a lot harder than you would think once you take the preconceived notions you get from the band away. That was fun. I'll have to play again sometime in the future.
    Thanks Gordon....

well I did guess "Cuban" for C, and it has "Havana" in the name so that's gotta count for something right? lol
    Only had a few of these old Havanas and it was years ago but I remember enjoying them.  Haven't tried the new version  since the rebranding.

Thanks again for the great smokes.....now who's next?

• Options
    Anybody wanna play?

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll go again if nobody steps out but I will be out of town the rest of the week so if nobody plays you can send next week.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    I'll go again if nobody steps out but I will be out of town the rest of the week so if nobody plays you can send next week.
    Sounds good brad

• Options
    I'm definitely interested in playing again, but wouldn't want to go directly after the guy I sent to. If you wind up with Brad up next, put me in the on deck circle. 
  • Options
    on it's way north to the land of cheese-curds.
    heads up brad @avengethis : 9405 8036 9930 0098 2669 99

• Options
    Roger that!  I'll get through these here before the weather turns into complete crap.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    This showed up today however I'm a little under the weather so the first one will have to wait until tomorrow at the earliest.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    This showed up today

kewl. glad they made it ok and the PO didn't try to play soccer with the box lol

however I'm a little under the weather so the first one will have to wait until tomorrow at the earliest.

that stinks; get well soon brother.
    i was fighting a head cold last week and it was zero fun; always get them this time of year when the weather changes.

• Options
    jgibv said:
    This showed up today

kewl. glad they made it ok and the PO didn't try to play soccer with the box lol

however I'm a little under the weather so the first one will have to wait until tomorrow at the earliest.

that stinks; get well soon brother.
    i was fighting a head cold last week and it was zero fun; always get them this time of year when the weather changes.
    Yeah I was up north last Wednesday through Sunday and it was cold and rainy all the days and I had fun fishing so that probably is what brought it on.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:
    on it's way north to the land of cheese-curds.
    heads up brad @avengethis : 9405 8036 9930 0098 2669 99

Mmmmm, cheese curds!! Oh, sorry, off topic ;) 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    You have me stumped on Mystery Stick B @jgibv.   I know I have had lots of these before but I cannot place it for some reason.  The first 1/3 was a very strong mineral flavor with the mineral hanging around on the finish.  Into the 2nd 1/3 a nice cocoa flavor krept in.  I sort of lost track after that as I was hanging around on the v-herf and getting side tracked.  I smoked this thing down to the nub as I really enjoyed it.

Since I have to make a guess I would say a Crowned Heads Four Kicks.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    Very close guess Brad @avengethis ; stick B is JD Howard Reserve.

• Options
    Smoked stick A tonight.  I was on the vherf in some good discussion with Jeff and it distracted me from the first 2/3 of the cigar.  It was a very pleasant cigar from beginning to end.  I really have no idea what to guess on this thing.  It was a torpedo but a shorter torpedo than I have ever seen or at least recall.

Just to make a guess I'll say Alec Bradley Black Market.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    edited November 2015
    brad @avengethis , sorry, not a black market. 
    but not a bad guess for "smoking while distracted" LOL.....

stick A is an oliva v. 

it's been sitting in the humi for probably about a year.....i really like the serie V with some age.  but not so much if they're "fresh"

• Options
    Wow I am surprised I did not get that one.  I smoke a fair amount of V's.  I also have never seen it as that shorter torpedo size but maybe things where just looking small in my hand last night...hehe.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    Wow I am surprised I did not get that one.  I smoke a fair amount of V's.  I also have never seen it as that shorter torpedo size but maybe things where just looking small in my hand last night...hehe.
    lol

yeah the belicoso is a regular production size......5 x 52-ish? I think

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe you did not know about that vitola considering how much you love the belicosos.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    I have always had the torpedo but not the belicoso.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    @avengethis you try "C" yet?

• Options
    @jgibv I have not.  I have been pretty busy with work and then its hunting season so I am gone most weekends.  I'll get to it here this week before I head out for Gun season.

Who is next on the list?  I will get something sent out to them this week as well to not hold this up any longer.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    @jgibv I have not.  I have been pretty busy with work and then its hunting season so I am gone most weekends.  I'll get to it here this week before I head out for Gun season.

Who is next on the list?  I will get something sent out to them this week as well to not hold this up any longer.
    all good brad. 
    i was going through notes on my phone, came upon the mystery stick list and saw that i hadn't crossed off "C" yet.  just wanted to make sure i hadn't missed anything. 

i understand hunting season and you have to get out while you can; no rush.
    like i said, just didn't want to miss anything. 

• Options

Smoked sick c tonight. Definitely a delightful smoke. I'm not a huge Connecticut smoker so my base to guess off of. It had your typical cashew Connecticut flavor for me. I'm guessing a Perdomo lot 23 Connecticut.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options

Smoked sick c tonight. Definitely a delightful smoke. I'm not a huge Connecticut smoker so my base to guess off of. It had your typical cashew Connecticut flavor for me. I'm guessing a Perdomo lot 23 Connecticut.

Stick C was the Ave Maria Immaculata. 

That's one of my favorite Connecticuts; it's right up there with the MOW Virtue for me.
    @avengethis Brad glad to hear you enjoyed it. 
    Thanks again for playing!

• Options
    Who is next that I need to get sticks out to?  I am sending out some packages tomorrow so I can include this then.  Is it @pelirrojo ?
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    Sure I'll play again. I'll pm you my address. 
  • Options
    Got it.  I'll send this out tomorrow for you.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    @pelirrojo9405803699300115121133
    Team O'Donnell FTW!