Comments

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^BASSBOAT GUY^^^^^
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

For sale.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big league Charlie
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @0patience, Have you bored and stroked that LQ9 out yet? I'm looking at doing either an LQ9 or resleveeing my LS1 with Darton MID's for a 408 for the camaro that's why I ask. Man I love these motors!
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    Or some forced induction, that motor would love a procharger.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She really hasn't had a lot of work, outside the GM performance dept. stuff (it is the Corvette motor) and the Lingenfelter Performance parts and software.

I have a KB Racing 75mm turbo and a Magnuson blower, but in order to install either one, I have to first get adapters and then put all fresh parts in the engine, because while she is still pushing good hp, she is over 150k miles and the stress of either the turbo or blower would most likely break something.

Plus, the Magnuson won't quite fit under the current hood, so either new hood or mods I'm not comfortable doing myself, would need to be done.
    In my teen years, we once launched a blower through a garage roof and not making that mistake again.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Sounds like you got a plan down the road, would be an awesome build for sure. I'd personally do the turbo if having someone fabricate the piping etc. Awesome fuel economy while still in the 600+rw range and can always spray her. Either way a very nice truck you got their stock or not.

Looks like both are motors are up there, mines got 161,300 on the clock, reason it's coming out (PITA without a lift) cause it feels down on power, leaks oil, oil pressure is getting screwy, just time for a new one. I beat the $hit out of it back in high school. Camaros still drivable but I ain't chancing it for long, need to get another 500 miles out of it so can get the new 9" and entire suspension installed and broke in before pulling the old and in with the new motor(402-427 range, still can't decide for sure).   
  • Options
    @Markwell, That orange Bronco is f***ing awesome man! 
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TX98Z28 thanks, dude. She's a work in progress. That was actually built using 2 different vehicles. Still a few minor issues, bit for the most part it's a solid machine!
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    Markwell said:
    @TX98Z28 thanks, dude. She's a work in progress. That was actually built using 2 different vehicles. Still a few minor issues, bit for the most part it's a solid machine!
    68 or 69?
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    1968  B)
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    Markwell said:
    1968  B)
    Nice.
    We built quite a few 68, 69 & 70s with 12" lift, 40" super swampers and fitted with half cabs. 
    They go good with 302s in them. 
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Very cool! I'd put one on ours, but since its main reason for being is to haul cars/parts and shunt stuff around the property I think I'd better leave it at stock height haha. 

There's some pretty cool ones out there. I saw a half cab a while back done up in WWII drab. Looked damn sweet.
  • Options
    Very impressive @0patience. Does he do that for a living? I'm sure he'll walk away with a trophy or two :)
  • Options
    Markwell said:
    Very impressive @0patience. Does he do that for a living? I'm sure he'll walk away with a trophy or two :)
    He actually is a contractor. LOL!

But since my dad built him a shop with an apartment above it to live in, he basically has a nice shop to build things. He's the baby, you know.
    So he builds these god awful rust bucket rat rods. 

While he learned from me, he has completely different tastes in building cars than I do. While I like clean, fancy paint, he likes old acid rusted rat rods.
    I like a nice clean chromed and painted performance engine, while he is quite happy to throw a flathead in and custom make all the iron on it.

While I hate chopping on a classic, he chops the hell out of them.
    While I am impressed with the cars and trucks he builds and he does make good money from them, but they are not my taste.

He had a real nice T Bucket that had a flathead in it and primer black paint. 
    I told him a nice chevy small block with one of my blowers on it and I could put a nice pearl paint job on it, it would look killer.
    He just gave me a, "Why would I want to do that?"

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Ha sounds familiar. That's basically what I am until I've given enough of my experience to the company to be made a partner. 

I definitely admire the sort of work people like him do because it is a growing art form, especially in this hipster age of "vintage" and "patina". But like you, I'm a stock man through and through. 

We're looking into a very large volvo race car parts collection in Carlisle that's for sale. If we can get it for the right price looks like that's where we'll be relocating the shop. I'm okay with that because there aren't a whole lot of options as far as cigar shops go in east WV.

Personally I'm more interested in antique Americana myself, not to say that there aren't some darn fine imports out there. Give me a '28 Model A and a Stutz Bearcat...I'll be a happy camper. 

I'll have to find a few photos of our flagship racer to post. She's a beast.
  • Options
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I look forward to seeing him in August :)
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Wylaff said:
    I look forward to seeing him in August :)
    At Sturgis?
    That was last years flyer. 
    I'm not sure if he is going this year. I suspect he will though. The car on the flyer was in the Hot Rod Rat Rod Build Off in Cheyenne, Wyoming in 2015. 
    If you have Fakebook, here is the link to one of the posts when he was building it
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=810036555769915&id=648668665240039
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://hotaugustnights.net/event-schedule/

I was being facetious. Which I realize was completely unnecessary and served no purpose. I must have been drunk.   
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful!
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice Edward. Love the color.

Look at all that space back there. Your B&M is gonna love ya when you start packn boxes back there after each visit.  B)
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?