Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post a Pic of Your Ride

12346»

Comments

• Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luke, you should look into ice road trucking!!!
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Graduated to the big one recently. 
    Beautiful. 
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Markwell said:
    Luke, you should look into ice road trucking!!!
    Not too many of those in Nebraska and the queen isn't too keen on me running off to the north
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You move north and so do your b a l l s as in north towards Kits neck :smiley:
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, her purse hangs off her shoulder.
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Graduated to the big one recently. 
    Beautiful. 
    Big Time Charlie, congrats
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The original 4 hoof drive. Me & George.

You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's a Z28 6 speed and ready to lay fuckong rubber! Also under restoration...hope I love when she's done!

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hate getting a car deal all set up, driving out with a trailer and getting there and it's gone. WTF?
    If you are selling something and set up a deal with a person, at least jave the decency to call them and tell them that someone made a better deal! Who knows, that person may counter with a better offer.

And Why is it that stupid people end up with the awesome stuff?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^nice, but I hope the steering wheel doesn't fall off  :)
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    On the way to a car show today, that the SS decided she didn't want to go. The motor let loose and parked me on the bridge.
    So now, new engine time.
    Finding an LQ9 engine was going to be a chore, but it's looking like someone swapped an LS2 into it. Gotta check the numbers on the engine to be certain. Finding another LS2 engine, while not difficult, is expensive.

There is a Lingenfelter control module that is designed to allow the LS2 to be used with the LQ9 vehicle, because of the sensors. The module is on my truck.  Not a good day.
    $200 for the tow and just the cam for that engine is $300. 
    Tanking the block and boring it, another $250. Engine kit, another grand. 
    I keep hearing a cash register chime every time I look at the truck.

And the the cats are pretty much ruined, cause the oil dumped into them, so the exhaust has to come off and I have to decide what to do there. Eliminating them is beginning to cross my mind.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh geez that’s terrible so sorry to hear that Tony 😓
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, son, if it wasn’t for bad luck you’d have no luck at all  :'(

Sure sorry to hear this, Tony. Wish I could do something to help. 
  • Options
    Well crap.
    It's confirmed it's an LS2 engine. Out of an 05 Corvette.
    Now, I either try and rebuild this one or find another LS2 engine at a cost.
    The other option is, pull all the modules and install the LQ9 engine, but the LS2 is an aluminum block and the LQ9 is cast iron, so knowing how the truck sits and goes with the aluminum engine, I'm thinking that I want to stay with the LS2.

Crap. crap. crap.

Hmm, maybe time for some mods? ROLF!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Texas Speed and Performance used to make a budget 6.0 but I think it was still an iron block. You may be ahead to rebuild 
  • Options
    0patience said:
    Well crap.
    It's confirmed it's an LS2 engine. Out of an 05 Corvette.
    Now, I either try and rebuild this one or find another LS2 engine at a cost.
    The other option is, pull all the modules and install the LQ9 engine, but the LS2 is an aluminum block and the LQ9 is cast iron, so knowing how the truck sits and goes with the aluminum engine, I'm thinking that I want to stay with the LS2.

Crap. crap. crap.

Hmm, maybe time for some mods? ROLF!
    LQ9 iron block adds about an extra 100lbs. vs LS2 aluminum block. LQ9 will handle more power, is cheaper, can get one from Texas Speed Performance in Gen3 or Gen4 for your truck. What failed on the LS2? I’m guessing piston ring failure.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    @deadman we’re on the same page with TSP! Great company! 
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TX98Z28 said:
    @deadman we’re on the same page with TSP! Great company! 
    Yeah, back in the day I used them a lot. Had their rumbler exhaust for a while (awesome) and have their 228r cam still in the motor.
  • Options
    Cat plugged and dusted the motor. 
    Not really any indication of a problem until I was on a 4 mile long bridge and no place to pull over, until the truck decided I wouldn't get the choice.
    The oil feels like it has sand in it, so I'm assuming that the rings, crank and cam are toast. 
    I can probably have the crank re-ground and bore the block, but dammit, I didn't want to go through all that. 
    As for engines, 4 grand is about the norm. 
    Can't hardly find either an LQ9 or LS2 around here used.

So, we're gonna get it out, get it apart and tank it and then see what we have.
    Luckily, my hot tank is at the machine shop that will do the work, so I know it is working good. LOL!

A forged crank is $700, so if I can have this one re-ground, a lot cheaper. LOL!

Gonna punch out the cats, install de-foulers on the rear O2 sensors and that will take care of the exhaust. 
    The master kit doesn't come with cam and lifters, so I' have to figure out what one I want to go with. Probably gonna get the numbers on the one I have now and see if I can match it. 

I can get the block bored for about $100, heads reground and new guides installed for about $250, plus the cost of the guides, so not terrible.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said: