Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh FFS don’t mess with the bacon

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess I should change it to abuse then....

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster do you prefer cooking your bacon in a pan or in the oven? I personally like the oven because of the crispiness.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,379 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bacon was arguably the first food eaten on the moon.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalvinAndHobo said:
    @Yakster do you prefer cooking your bacon in a pan or in the oven? I personally like the oven because of the crispiness.

Do you cover it in the oven? I ask because I hate the mess that comes with cooking bacon stovetop.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hobbes86 said:

@CalvinAndHobo said:

Do you cover it in the oven? I ask because I hate the mess that comes with cooking bacon stovetop.

I do not, I put tinfoil in the pan first because I hate doing dishes and then bake it at 400. I wouldn't be surprised if a few drops splattered about but in my opinion it's an oven, not a living room, and the grease drops can wait until I end up spilling something and it becomes oven cleaning time.

• Options

Five days each week they dine on high-fat fare like bacon, cheese, and eggs fried in butter. Two days they fast. Though this weekly eating regimen may not sound like a prescription for good health, it’s made a dramatic difference in the lives of some children with hard-to-manage epilepsy, report Hopkins neurologists Adam Hartman and Eric Kossoff.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/publications/hopkins_medicine_magazine/medical_rounds/spring-summer-2014/pass-the-bacon

• Options

@Yakster said:
    Five days each week they dine on high-fat fare like bacon, cheese, and eggs fried in butter. Two days they fast. Though this weekly eating regimen may not sound like a prescription for good health, it’s made a dramatic difference in the lives of some children with hard-to-manage epilepsy, report Hopkins neurologists Adam Hartman and Eric Kossoff.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/publications/hopkins_medicine_magazine/medical_rounds/spring-summer-2014/pass-the-bacon

Very interesting, I have a brother-in-law that has epilepsy. Though he is no longer a child, I wonder if something like this could be beneficial to him.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    Bacon is as addictive as heroin and cocaine.

And almost as good for you.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

It's an older article, there might be more recent information.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

humans.... sure would be nice if they practiced what they preach:

https://phys.org/news/2021-12-killer-robot-nations-billions-autonomous.html

• Options

That is some scary stuff, @silvermouse. This kind of stuff surprises me, though it probably shouldn't at this point.

• Options

I want one to ward off porch pirates.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    humans.... sure would be nice if they practiced what they preach:

https://phys.org/news/2021-12-killer-robot-nations-billions-autonomous.html

Get your 40 megawatt pulse rifle now.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

I was reading about that guy just the other day, @webmost. Seems there is good reason to think something fishy is going on...

• Options

The left would never concoct a scheme to make trump and his supporters look bad.

• Options

Surely not, @ShawnOL, they are much too honorable and truthful to ever pull such a stunt.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    The left would never concoct a scheme to make trump and his supporters look bad.

Not disagreeing, but should this be in the Stupid **** that pops into my Head thread?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Not disagreeing, but should this be in the Stupid **** that pops into my Head thread?

Yes, because the thought would indeed be a stupid one. :)

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

@cbuck Charlie, are your ancestors from Greenland?

Genetic variant found in people from Greenland makes eating sugar healthy

https://www.studyfinds.org/genetic-variant-sugar-healthy-greenland/

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

Bacon dates back at least 3,500 years. The Chinese were the first to cook salted pork bellies. The salt preserved the meat so it could be eaten all year.

• Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    @cbuck Charlie, are your ancestors from Greenland?

Genetic variant found in people from Greenland makes eating sugar healthy

https://www.studyfinds.org/genetic-variant-sugar-healthy-greenland/

Not from Greenland, but I think I have the gene! Not always though! I tipped at 300 ish when younger! Now I seem to be able to eat anything, and hang right around 200! German and Irish, by the way!

• Options

King John's attempt to wrest control of Rochester Castle from the local barons using provisions in the Magna Carta, which the Pope declared to “not only shameful and demeaning, but also illegal and unjust”, the local barons locked themselves in the castle and declared a siege in 1215.

King John was able to breach the castle with “forty of the fattest pigs, the sort least good for eating” ignited in a tunnel under the castle. (In a word before gun-powder, pig-fat was used as an explosive and as a fire-starter.)

Another testament to the power of pig fat and bacon.

https://youtu.be/SnQOeUaeVrk