Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@ShawnOL said:
    Could always build more nuclear power plants.....

We have been conditioned to immediately imagine large nuclear plants capable of making weapons grade nuclear products. However, much smaller facilities are perfectly capable of producing electricity. Like, the size of a one car garage powering a town the size of, say, Reno NV. Maybe a 2 car garage, but nowhere near the behemoth that 3 mile island was.

There are 2 primary reasons we don't do this. It's not profitable for the uber elite, and, not capable of producing weapons.

Basically, free electricity.

No one in charge wants that.

Read an article from science magazine a couple years ago about Russia’s development of small portable nuclear power stations. It was made world news because one exploded or was lost at sea. They wanted to use them for remote military and research sites in the arctic

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    Could always build more nuclear power plants.....

The French of all people seem to have nuclear power down, something like 80% of their power is provided by nuclear plants. The green agenda just doesn't make any sense to me other than the government picking winners and losers. Hydrogen makes way more sense from an environmental standpoint than all that nasty lithium mining and batteries

Do you know your ESG score?

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,379 ✭✭✭✭✭

Local San Jose "Operation Cat Scratch Thiever," a six-month multi-agency investigation resulted in the arrest of 15 suspects and recovery of more then 1,000 catalytic converters.

https://www.ktvu.com/news/san-jose-police-recover-1000-catalytic-converters-make-15-arrests

Posting this in reference to a conversation on a recent vHerf asking if catalytic converter theft is still a thing.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nike buys virtual sneaker maker to sell digital shoes in the metaverse

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/14/tech/nike-rtfkt/index.html

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said

Posting this in reference to a conversation on a recent vHerf asking if catalytic converter theft is still a thing.

It is astound here, police recently busted a guy with a couple of hundred.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options

I was thinking about the Punch Bento Box packaging and learned that factory workers used to use cigar boxes or tobacco tins as lunch boxes so I guess things have come full circle.

https://www.qualitylogoproducts.com/promo-university/history-of-lunch-boxes.htm

• Options

14 of the 15 suspects arrested in the catalytic converter theft ring are out on bail.

• Options

Hey, was anyone aware of the tobacco tax included in the new spending bill? I just became aware of it myself.

https://fda.famous-smoke.com/no-to-new-cigar-taxes/

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options

a tax in a spending bill???

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    a tax in a spending bill???

Remember: This pork won't cost you a dime.
    I have it on good authority.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

Bacon grease has 40% less saturated fat than butter.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    Bacon grease has 40% less saturated fat than butter.

True or not, I'm stealing that. :)

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

Most will come true by the next election. Passports, microchips and concentration camps so far. What's next? Probably reeducation camps run by the left.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

First stop, Hyde Park! 😂

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw a news bit on that a few years ago.
    "Can you imagine? You'll be able to pay for your groceries by just passing your hand over the scanner!"

Helll! No!!

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

my fitness tracker uses gps to track my location, has contactless payment--just tap your wrist to the card reader. All hail Google.

• Options

@ShawnOL said:
    What's next? Probably reeducation camps run by the left.

Those are already here, they're called public schools.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Headslap

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

Human intervention supposedly caused this problem, so naturally more human intervention will solve it, right? Next thing you know the poison they drop will be killing some other member of the local eco-system.

• Options

mouse poison has a rather negative effect on the predators, been killing eagles recently.
    https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/study-finds-rat-poison-dead-eagles-across-us-180977457/

• Options
    edited December 2021

@Hobbes86 said:

@ShawnOL said:

That's bullshít. As a part time educator in a family full of educators, I think you should get some education yourself and disinfect yourself from all the crap you read in your Alex Jones-Sean hannity monthly newsletter.

Public schools in this country are among the best in the world specifically because of the freedom they allow educators to teach with, and this is especially true in the finest institutions of this country.

Only the Sean hannity and Tucker Carlson crowd seem to think the teachers spend precious instructional hours trying to turn kids into transvestites and freaks. We're trying to teach your children and young adults to read and to write and to critically think. We're trying to turn them into productive human beings.

Most of today's political conservatives holding national office cut their teeth in the ivy league oh, the most liberal set of colleges in the country, to include all of the Bush's, the Canadian conservative Ted Cruz oh, and hundreds of others. And they all studied law, the most liberal of the applications of liberal arts!

Even the conservative's political Jesus Ronald Reagan survived 40 years in Beverly hills and went to a tiny liberal arts college that has a history of being one of the most liberal in the country. Can anyone name it besides @webmost and @Amos_Umwhat? Doubt it....

How did they all survive this brainwashing and indoctrination? The answer is that they were not brainwashed. They were not indoctrinated.

Hell I bet most of the people on this forum attended public schools add an average clip of 11.9 years of the 12.

So before you gobble up the next Steve Bannon article or Laura ingraham segment about how a teacher is forcing them innocent Christian boys to dress up in dresses and chop off their weiners, why don't you put your money where your mouth is, and live a day in the life of a teacher? Take home that cool 27 Gs a year, and actually make a difference in your community for 1 second?

Being a teacher has a hard job. It's a thankless job. The next time you see a conservative set-piece about some of whack job doing something wrong at a school, remember that's one out of 10 million teachers.

Also remember that you're actually the little lamb following the butcher into the slaughterhouse. It's just a different butcher and a different slaughterhouse.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options

@VegasFrank said:

@Hobbes86 said:

@ShawnOL said:

That's bullshít. As a part time educator in a family full of educators, I think you should get some education yourself and disinfect yourself from all the crap you read in your Alex Jones-Sean hannity monthly newsletter.

Public schools in this country are among the best in the world specifically because of the freedom they allow educators to teach with, and this is especially true in the finest institutions of this country.

Only the Sean hannity and Tucker Carlson crowd seem to think the teachers spend precious instructional hours trying to turn kids into transvestites and freaks. We're trying to teach your children and young adults to read and to write and to critically think. We're trying to turn them into productive human beings.

Most of today's political conservatives holding national office cut their teeth in the ivy league oh, the most liberal set of colleges in the country, to include all of the Bush's, the Canadian conservative Ted Cruz oh, and hundreds of others. And they all studied law, the most liberal of the applications of liberal arts!

Even the conservative's political Jesus Ronald Reagan survived 40 years in Beverly hills and went to a tiny liberal arts college that has a history of being one of the most liberal in the country. Can anyone name it besides @webmost and @Amos_Umwhat? Doubt it....

How did they all survive this brainwashing and indoctrination? The answer is that they were not brainwashed. They were not indoctrinated.

Hell I bet most of the people on this forum attended public schools add an average clip of 11.9 years of the 12.

So before you gobble up the next Steve Bannon article or Laura ingraham segment about how a teacher is forcing them innocent Christian boys to dress up in dresses and chop off their weiners, why don't you put your money where your mouth is, and live a day in the life of a teacher? Take home that cool 27 Gs a year, and actually make a difference in your community for 1 second?

Being a teacher has a hard job. It's a thankless job. The next time you see a conservative set-piece about some of whack job doing something wrong at a school, remember that's one out of 10 million teachers.

Also remember that you're actually the sheep following the butcher into the slaughterhouse.

You're response is foolish, @VegasFrank, due to the many assumptions you make about me, where I have and have not worked, which politicians I support, and which political commentators I listen to. What you wrote was emotionally driven, not logically driven.

I was a teacher in a public school for two years. Multiple family members of mine are or were teachers and school administrators.

I am not a fan of, nor do I find much I support about, most politicians on either side of the great divide.

I do not listen to, or read, Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham, or Steve Bannon.

I do not consider Ronald Reagan to be a Conservative Jesus, I consider Jesus Christ to be a Conservative Jesus.

Being a teacher is not a thankless job, the average American would likely declare that teachers deserve more money. This is despite tenure protecting the bad ones from ever being fired, the fact many teachers make more than the national average, and a wonderful vacation schedule.

You obviously came at this from an intensely biased direction, leaving no room for doubts, exceptions, or errors on your part. When I read it all I hear is..."baaa baaa."

• Options
    edited December 2021

@Hobbes86 said:

@VegasFrank said:

@Hobbes86 said:

@ShawnOL said:

Also remember that you're actually the sheep following the butcher into the slaughterhouse.

You're response is foolish, @VegasFrank, due to the many assumptions you make about me, where I have and have not worked, which politicians I support, and which political commentators I listen to. What you wrote was emotionally driven, not logically driven.

I was a teacher in a public school for two years. Multiple family members of mine are or were teachers and school administrators.

I am not a fan of, nor do I find much I support about, most politicians on either side of the great divide.

I do not listen to, or read, Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham, or Steve Bannon.

I do not consider Ronald Reagan to be a Conservative Jesus, I consider Jesus Christ to be a Conservative Jesus.

Being a teacher is not a thankless job, the average American would likely declare that teachers deserve more money. This is despite tenure protecting the bad ones from ever being fired, the fact many teachers make more than the national average, and a wonderful vacation schedule.

You obviously came at this from an intensely biased direction, leaving no room for doubts, exceptions, or errors on your part. When I read it all I hear is..."baaa baaa."

Hey man you're the one who said that public schools are indoctrination instrument of the liberal, not me.

And while you claim that most Americans think the teachers deserve more money, it is the American populace that has the power to give it to them, since teachers are publicly funded. Yet Americans don't open the checkbook because they'd rather not spend an extra quarter Penny on every hundred dollars in property value to go toward teacher pay. #thankless

And while you loathe the tenure system that allows crusty ancient relics to keep their jobs in a non-competitive environment, it is the very concept of tenure that makes the American that makes the American education system great. That's called taking the bad with the good.

You can hear whatever you want brother. Frankly I don't give a damn what your background is. I couldn't care less about the 730 days you spent "in the system." Ultimately, I'm not going to standby and let you spew your bullshīt unchecked.

If the schools were full of conservative teachers, we would be having a different conversation, right? But we're not though, because conservatives don't teach, by and large.

So to all of those complainers with fatalistic mindsets, do something about it! Get in there and get your hands dirty or shut the fuçk up.