Home Non Cigar Related

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

Well...we live in a crazy world. Guy on the right I went to high school with, he was proper, went to party's, made good grades, hung out with good people then joined a fvcking gang...WTF! I cant believe this is the same guy, he'll be dead before 40. It's the price he'll pay for the life he chose...

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.

^^^$hit's sad!

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

I tried to join a gang once. As soon as I I couldn’t be beat up and I told them they needed to gain weight because their pants were falling off and started trying to grill fro everyone I was kicked out. Joking aside, that truly is sad.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.

@Patrickbrick said:
    I tried to join a gang once. As soon as I I couldn’t be beat up and I told them they needed to gain weight because their pants were falling off and started trying to grill fro everyone I was kicked out. Joking aside, that truly is sad.

Glad you didn't end up down that road...not gonna end well for them two above. I just don't understand why people ****, knowing they will end up dead or in prison. Some make it big and survive but the chances of that happening is like winning the lottery.

G a n gB a n g is censored? wow

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

I grew up around a lot of that stuff. In some situations it’s really hard for them not to join in. The ones that have a clear choice are the ones that confuse the hell out of me.
    It’s kind of like a professional athlete making millions that gets busted for selling dope. It just makes no sense.
    But for the ones that have no family to speak of or being shown no direction they can easily turn to it for the sense of belonging.

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

My wife’s friend went through that with her oldest. Watched him grow up and he was a good kid. She worked two jobs to keep him in private school, after he graduated he started hanging out with the wrong people which lead to him joining a gang for protection. He got gunned down in the street back in 2018

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭✭✭

Again jokes aside, a few know my real story and I was lucky on multiple fronts. What helped me the most is I’m legit crazy, it’s hard to **** with crazy. That was almost 20 years ago, thank the lord for that.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.

@Patrickbrick said:
    Again jokes aside, a few know my real story and I was lucky on multiple fronts. What helped me the most is I’m legit crazy, it’s hard to **** with crazy. That was almost 20 years ago, thank the lord for that.

Sometime in the future I'd enjoy to hear your real story in person, no BS. I do plan to go to the annual Herf up there just don't know what year I'll be able to make it up there yet. Glad to hear you got things going in the right direction, for real man.

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

You live on the internet and you want privacy, lol??? How naive. Check out the information that gets collected about you by the google (and they aren't the only one):
    https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

I think it has been spun pretty far to the right. The courts have authorized a few gimme--your-data requests but they have been qualified in association with criminal investigations. Google 'keyword warrants".

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,253 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm of the mind that Google is either owned or financed by the government.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

@silvermouse said:
    You live on the internet and you want privacy, lol??? How naive. Check out the information that gets collected about you by the google (and they aren't the only one):
    https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en

It's not about privacy. It's about governmental overreach. What if our fearless leader decided it was ok to arrest anyone who's ever searched Trump 2024? Slippery slope.

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    I think it has been spun pretty far to the right. The courts have authorized a few gimme--your-data requests but they have been qualified in association with criminal investigations. Google 'keyword warrants".

I'm not sure why they would even need to do that.
    I thought that the govt/NSA data mining already has certain words that are logged.

From my understanding of it, they're using the pretense that the warrants are for the protection of victims and that they will only be looking for those terms that search names, addresses and things like that.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

Zolga’s algorithm

Fakebook needs to lose some law suits.
    Until that happens, they get away with anything.
    It's funny that years ago, the fovt went after Microsoft for anti-trust violations and they have barely tried to do anything to Fakebook.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

The govt lost those suits against Microsoft. The closest they got was when they were forced to package windows computers with Netscape and Firefox browsers...and people still picked IE4.

What would they "go after" Facebook for? For being a big company with lots of users? For having users sign EULAs?

They're not a monopoly. Hell, they don't even have half the market share of all social media platforms in terms of bandwidth, exclusive users, or overall users. There are literally thousands of social media platforms. This is one, in fact.

Are we going after them because they're young people and we don't hold their service in high regard?

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    The govt lost those suits against Microsoft. The closest they got was when they were forced to package windows computers with Netscape and Firefox browsers...and people still picked IE4.

What would they "go after" Facebook for? For being a big company with lots of users? For having users sign EULAs?

They're not a monopoly. Hell, they don't even have half the market share of all social media platforms in terms of bandwidth, exclusive users, or overall users. There are literally thousands of social media platforms. This is one, in fact.

Are we going after them because they're young people and we don't hold their service in high regard?

My personal dislike for them is the mental health problems they cause young people, and lie about causing. The dopamine addiction is much more real when you’re 12. Agree with your main point though which is that it’s not like getting the government involved will make anything better. At least that’s what I’m understanding your point to be, but I might just be putting words in your mouth.

Yeah basically that's it @CalvinAndHobo. There's nothing to "get them" on, so let's not waste time...like we did with Microsoft.

I love how people want the govt to stay out of their lives...until there's a boogy man like Facebook that someone wants protection from....then it's "legislate all day!"

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would the government go after a company that is one of their biggest supporters and enablers?

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

Again, @VegasFrank
    you read it the way you want, not as intended.
    The antitrust reference was meant as an example, not what they should do.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:

Aptly put.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

edited October 2021

@0patience said:
    Again, @VegasFrank
    The antitrust reference was meant as an example, not what they should do.

Wait, what? You said Facebook should lose lawsuits. I asked why. That's reading it how I want instead of how you intended for me to read it? You brought up Microsoft not me bro. I just pointed out Microsoft didn't lose those cases. So I guess you brought up an example that didn't apply to what you really wanted?

Are you out of meds? 😆

Effin Wisconsin

keeping the wealthy and foolish entertained is big business:

https://www.travelandleisure.com/hotels-resorts/moon-resorts-coming-to-las-vegas