Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think a mural like this one should have a place in a public school. At least not with the demon face and political messaging.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

Creepy as hell.
    A cartoon bunny and a flying pig trying to jab kids with covid vaccinations?
    "Get your shots" seems to be the only "stay healthy" message in this mural.
    Where's the diet & exercise part of "stay heathy"?
    Not even a soccer ball.

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:

Creepy as hell.
    Not even a soccer ball.

But soccer is European

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TheKraken said:

@Bob_Luken said:

Creepy as hell.
    Not even a soccer ball.

But soccer is European

And for girls.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

Plastic, best thing we can do is avoid buying it. It surprises me that there isn't a use for mixed types of plastic yet.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/plastic-recycling-failed-concept-us-greenpeace-study-5-percent-recycled-production-up/

Maybe this will work:
    https://interestingengineering.com/innovation/plastonix-inc-developed-a-revolutionary-way-to-recycle-all-types-of-plastic

Then again they appear to be a manufacturer of plastic stuff, so maybe just green washing their business.

• Options
    edited October 2022

"Fabre added that nose-picking was understudied and more research was needed. “You never know when studying this type of behaviour where you can end up, and sometimes you can discover an application that we’re not expecting,” she said."
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/oct/27/researchers-reveal-secret-aye-aye-long-middle-finger-pick-nose

Oh. And here is the little bugger, lol. Looks fairly disreputable to me:

• Options

• Options

Most states dropped in math and reading proficiency during the "pandemic." I know that Minnesota took a big dive.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

@Hobbes86 said:

I don't think a mural like this one should have a place in a public school. At least not with the demon face and political messaging.

As long as we keep antiquated religious beliefs and ideas out as well right?? You want God..... Go to Catholic school.

You don't want a belief push onto you..... Awesome. Bro .....Mirror

• Options
    edited October 2022

@Vision said:
    As long as we keep antiquated religious beliefs and ideas out as well right?? You want God..... Go to Catholic school.

Yes, if you want your kids' school to include your religion, send your kid to a private school that incorporates your religion. Very simple, I've never deviated from that position.

Edit: Deleted content, then decided to reply in an effort to make sure my stance is clear to people because I don't like being misrepresented.

Post edited by Hobbes86 on

• Options

@Hobbes86 said:

@Vision said:

Yes, if you want your kids' school to include your religion, send your kid to a private school that incorporates your religion. Very simple, I've never deviated from that position.

Edit: Deleted content, then decided to reply in an effort to make sure my stance is clear to people because I don't like being misrepresented.

We know exactly where you stand Ian

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

.> @Vision said:

@Hobbes86 said:

@Vision said:

We sure do lol and we like you anyway atleast I do

• Options

@Jrflickster said:
    .> @Vision said:

@Hobbes86 said:

@Vision said:

We sure do lol and we like you anyway atleast I do

Awe shucks...... thanks Flick...... oh.... wait.....

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love you Pete don't worry

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't look ↑
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay, I got the link to work. What a fraud pùssy. Nice 2 door "charger" with a goofy rear end and a stunted nose. Stupid speakers stupid wheels. Doesn't look or sound like a dodge at all. Guy is a dipshít supreme.

Don't look ↑
  • Options

@VegasFrank said:
    Kids are stupid. The mural is stupid. It represents the kids. Why do adults concern themselves with nonsense like this?

Because we are responsible for the stupid kids. :)

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

@First_Warrior said:
    Visual art is supposed to evoke an emotional response from the viewer. Looks like the young artist who created the mural was successful.

I say a high school student/artist, commissioned to do a mural for middle school students, is NOT "supposed to" evoke an emotional response from the parents of the middle schoolers. Keep it simple kid. Play it straight.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay, I had to go back and look at the mural.

My thoughts: So what? It's less offensive than Rug Rats.

Just my opinion, FWIW. (2 cents please)

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain