Comments

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

there are so many more worthy targets

adult: hypocritical moral outrage
    teen: eye-roll

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

Saw this last night, absolutely reprehensible what these daycare workers did.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XOzwP5or1ac

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options

Follow the Money:

"Turns out that since 1948, when there’s a Democrat in the White House and Republicans take control of Congress, it’s resulted in annualized returns for the S&P 500 of 16.9% (according to data from Edelman Financial Engines).
    And with this year’s equity and bond returns in the gutter… It’s no wonder there’s so much attention being paid to the election!"

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like @miller65rod will be smoking more cigars each day as he looks to fill in his newfound spare time.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

And now they're not only taking down the naughty threads, they're removing any PM's about them. I rarely ventured into the Bum or Camel Toe threads so it doesn't actually matter to me if I can't see 'em, but it's just weird that they would be yanked like that.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

Maybe Musk is in charge now.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds to me as if a complaint was filed.

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just watching the world burn

• Options

I'm not a fan of those threads, but I don't think us adults need overseers determining what we can or cannot post.

• Options

@Hobbes86 said:
    I'm not a fan of those threads, but I don't think us adults need overseers determining what we can or cannot post.

That’s the price you pay for using a forum hosted by someone else or a company. In the age of everything being offensive and liability companies just can’t take some chances. I don’t necessarily like it….but I get it.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

This has got to be the dumbest thing ccom has ever done.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

Well, there's censoring words like Diick. Can't ever call poor Richard by name.

• Options

Maybe they should pull all the tobacco and alcohol references too, totally unsafe for asthmatics and children and struggling abstinent drunks.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

I'm sure it's all in the name of "Tolerance", right?

I mean, the Wokeful are all about tolerance, aren't they?

They've even re-defined "tolerance" to mean they'll tolerate anyone who agrees with whatever new position they create, day by day, at a 100% level.

And, if you don't see it the Wokeful way, you're obviously intolerant.

You must be, since you have a different opinion.

The Wokeful Tolerant can't stand for anyone to have a different opinion. They'll be keeping you informed on what's tolerant, and what isn't.

I miss the Free-love, if you don't like it don't look at it, if you agreed to it don't complain about it generation that I grew up with. Who knew our kids would grow up to be such a bunch of little prudes? Funny, since they're not at all prudish about stuff that's truly nasty.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@CalvinAndHobo said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

They've even re-defined "tolerance" to mean they'll tolerate anyone who agrees with whatever new position they create, day by day, at a 100% level.

The Wokeful Tolerant can't stand for anyone to have a different opinion. They'll be keeping you informed on what's tolerant, and what isn't.

I miss the Free-love, if you don't like it don't look at it, if you agreed to it don't complain about it generation that I grew up with. Who knew our kids would grow up to be such a bunch of little prudes? Funny, since they're not at all prudish about stuff that's truly nasty.

You see the irony of your intolerance of the intolerant, yes?

I see you got the point. It's a double edged sword. Now, if only the Woke will understand the same.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@CalvinAndHobo said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

You see the irony of your intolerance of the intolerant, yes?

I see you got the point. It's a double edged sword. Now, if only the Woke will understand the same.

Yes, that would be nice, but I'm not optimistic about it lol.

• Options

@Rdp77 said:
    Like I said…I don’t like it but I get it.
    Look at it like this…it was two threads that objectified women in a forum that is moderated by a woman. We could consider ourselves lucky to still be here talking about it.

Yeah true, if my goal was to maximize the number of people using the forum and buying cigars from my website as a result, I wouldn't allow those threads either just from a business standpoint, morality aside.

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

@Rdp77 said:
    Look at it like this…it was two threads that objectified women ...

I prefer Celebrating the Beauty of Women

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options

@CalvinAndHobo said:

@Rdp77 said:
    Look at it like this…it was two threads that objectified women in a forum that is moderated by a woman. We could consider ourselves lucky to still be here talking about it.

Yeah true, if my goal was to maximize the number of people using the forum and buying cigars from my website as a result, I wouldn't allow those threads either just from a business standpoint, morality aside.

mmm, not actually disagreeing, but something to think about: being a cigar smoker in America today already indicates a willingness to be outside the norm.

I'm with Dave Chapelle, the country's become far too brittle. Everyone just can't wait for someone to offend them so that they can hate on that person, or people.

Calvin may have well identified the beginnings of it with the schiidtheads who spit on soldiers coming back from Vietnam. This was only the tiniest of minorities. It was NOT a generational thing, although those too young to remember have been taught that. Even those who didn't support the war, at all, didn't do that except for a minuscule minority of pinheads.

I know. I was getting close to graduation and pretty sure that I'd be in the next round of draft picks. Believe me, I remember. I wasn't in any hurry to go to Southeast Asia and die for Firestone profits. I'd have gone, if called, I knew that, but it wasn't sounding like a good idea according to my friends who were returning from there.

In fact, it has been said, probably unsubstantiated but I don't know for sure, that most of those protests were organized by Government agencies wishing to show anti-war protestors in a bad light. Nixon on the warpath.

I digress. My point in all this is this: When we can tolerate other opinions and lifestyles, assuming there is no real danger to any individual, we can remain a united people. Once divided, we're just so much meat for consumption.

• Options

@Rdp77 said:

When is it objectification and when is it admiring the female form? Are they considered the same now days? I am not very familiar with those two threads, having only clicked on them once in order to find out what they were about, but I don't remember seeing talk that reduced the women to being objects.

I understand taking the threads down in order to try and create a more inviting environment, at least from a business standpoint. The questions I asked are just thoughts of mine that seemed might spark some interesting conversation.

• Options

@Hobbes86 said:

When is it objectification and when is it admiring the female form? Are they considered the same now days?

Exactly. And, yes. The censorship crowd considers the two things to be one and the same thing. Except when they don't. They'll let you know when it's OK, and they'll cut you to ribbons when it isn't.

• Options

@IndustMech said:

@Rdp77 said:
    Look at it like this…it was two threads that objectified women ...

I prefer Celebrating the Beauty of Women

I agree. But like I said, we are here at the graces of a female moderator. Just giving alternative points of view.

• Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@Hobbes86 said:

When is it objectification and when is it admiring the female form? Are they considered the same now days?

Exactly. And, yes. The censorship crowd considers the two things to be one and the same thing. Except when they don't. They'll let you know when it's OK, and they'll cut you to ribbons when it isn't.

This is true, but like you said about the spitters, the censorship crowd is smaller than it seems. I don't know about the area that you live, but where I live when I talk to real people, no one is in favor of the type of censorship that some people advocate for online. If 50,000 people tweet at Dave Chapelle and tell him he's a bad person, it's important to remember that 50,000 people is an incredibly small percentage of the population. He (and you) should stop focusing on those idiots in my opinion, especially when almost none of those 50,000 people would be willing to say the things they say online, to his face. Besides, all they want is attention, if people just ignored them instead of focusing on them, they'd lose their sense of purpose.

I might be taking my personal experience with the people of rural Iowa and projecting it onto what things are like where you live though. If you actually have face to face conversations with people who say the type of stuff that you're talking about, then I might have to rethink some things, but I haven't experienced it in real life. The internet amplifies idiots in a way that has never in history happened before, I think it's important to remember that and keep it in perspective.

• Options

Also, I went back and reacted to the various posts that were "disagreed" with. If me and @Amos_Umwhat are having a polite and civil back and forth, while both being respectful of each other's point of view, it'd be nice if whoever is disagreeing anonymously would stop doing that, because I'm sure it looks like I'm the one "disagreeing".

• Options
    edited November 2022

Lol, I see someone "disagree"s with much of what's said. I can only guess that they know themselves well enough to know that they're incapable of mounting an actual argument or reasonable opinion.

They're probably correct.

Please, remain hidden in your cowardice. Your kind is ascending. Soon people of honor will fall to your backstabbing agenda.

Oh, and feel free to "disagree". :D

(I never for one second thought it was Calvin, he's a person of honor and integrity)