Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    I would prefer to see anonymity banished from the buttons, it is more disruptive than open communication, in fact it no communication at all since it is stripped of accountability and a clear opinion.

Me too, we asked CCOM to change it back when it was first implemented but they said that Vanilla Forums is in charge and CCOM can't fix it.

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Lol, I see someone "disagree"s with much of what's said. I can only guess that they know themselves well enough to know that they're incapable of mounting an actual argument or reasonable opinion.

They're probably correct.

Please, remain hidden in your cowardice. Your kind is ascending. Soon people of honor will fall to your backstabbing agenda.

Oh, and feel free to "disagree". :D

(I never for one second thought it was Calvin, he's a person of honor and integrity)

I have a troll that likes to follow me around the forum and "disagree" with my comments. Maybe you've earned your own troll too!

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hobbes86 said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Lol, I see someone "disagree"s with much of what's said. I can only guess that they know themselves well enough to know that they're incapable of mounting an actual argument or reasonable opinion.

They're probably correct.

Please, remain hidden in your cowardice. Your kind is ascending. Soon people of honor will fall to your backstabbing agenda.

Oh, and feel free to "disagree". :D

(I never for one second thought it was Calvin, he's a person of honor and integrity)

I have a troll that likes to follow me around the forum and "disagree" with my comments. Maybe you've earned your own troll too!

That's probably me

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems like I remember years ago when we had a couple of WOTL on the forum. They disappeared eventually. Maybe they felt uncomfortable with some of the threads. I don't recall them saying good bye. Could be we will get them back. Got to respect a gal that lights up a stogie.

• Options

@First_Warrior said:
    Seems like I remember years ago when we had a couple of WOTL on the forum. They disappeared eventually. Maybe they felt uncomfortable with some of the threads. I don't recall them saying good bye. Could be we will get them back. Got to respect a gal that lights up a stogie.

You could be right, Rodger. Personally, I like this being more of a guy-space.

• Options

My disagree because I can bïotch

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I disagree... I let you know it.

• Options

But honestly... who the Eff cares. I'm pretty sure y'all are finding exactly what you're looking for on a daily (or multiple times daily) basis.

• Options

Was going to try out my new patio heater and I almost blew away... not today I guess

• Options

@Vision said:
    But honestly... who the Eff cares. I'm pretty sure y'all are finding exactly what you're looking for on a daily (or multiple times daily) basis.

It doesn't seem to me that anyone is griping over the loss of that specific type of content, but over the idea of being under the thumb of a censoring overseer. We are grown men and do not want to be treated as though we are children.

• Options

@Hobbes86 said:

@Vision said:

It doesn't seem to me that anyone is griping over the loss of that specific type of content, but over the idea of being under the thumb of a censoring overseer. We are grown men and do not want to be treated as though we are children.

Bro. This isn't a democracy. It's their forum and can and will do what they like with it. If they want to take down links we post to other sites..... that's their choice. I guarantee there are plenty of other forums out there that keep that type of stuff up..... people can go there instead if they feel like they are being treated like children. And they are a censoring overseer that allows for you to be here. This is a privilege, not a right. Be careful, They are eyeing up " A scripture a day...." thread to be removed next.

• Options

@Vision said:
    Bro. This isn't a democracy. It's their forum and can and will do what they like with it. If they want to take down links we post to other sites..... that's their choice. I guarantee there are plenty of other forums out there that keep that type of stuff up..... people can go there instead if they feel like they are being treated like children. And they are a censoring overseer that allows for you to be here. This is a privilege, not a right. Be careful, They are eyeing up " A scripture a day...." thread to be removed next.

Whether or not something is a democracy does not determine a person's right to complain or share their thoughts.

Yes, once one thread goes others are likely to follow, that is called a slippery slope. I prefer to avoid those because I enjoy my freedoms.

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hobbes86 said:

@Vision said:

Whether or not something is a democracy does not determine a person's right to complain or share their thoughts.

This isn't true just FYI. I can't tell a restaurant owner that their waiters suck and still expect to be served.

• Options

@CalvinAndHobo said:
    This isn't true just FYI. I can't tell a restaurant owner that their waiters suck and still expect to be served.

Where did I say voicing complaints or thoughts doesn't have repercussions?

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @TheCigarChick any insight?

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    TheCigarChickTheCigarChick Moderator Posts: 298 admin

@VegasFrank said:

What has happened? I don't have time to scroll back through 213 pages of posts. lol

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TheCigarChick said:

@VegasFrank said:

What has happened? I don't have time to scroll back through 213 pages of posts. lol

A couple of popular threads have disappeared from the forum.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:

Don't read this as an angry reply, it's not, but that's a boatload of assumption there. I appreciate the female form, and I appreciated seeing it here, as I spend NO time perusing the web for sites dedicated to it.

This is an age old argument. Society's whims ebb and flow. One generation creates magnificent sculptures of nudes, the next generation destroys the statues or nails fig leaves over the offending parts. A friend of mine visiting an Islamic country was surprised to find statuettes of fully nude males in the marketplace, while females were required to cover their entire bodies.

If any of the women in those pictures were forced against their will to pose, I've got a real problem with that. If they willingly flaunt their assets, I'm hard-wired to enjoy the show. If anyone doesn't like it, turn the page. As for finding such things multiple times on a daily basis, I'm too old. I'll miss the sight of the lovely female form that God saw fit to bless us with, but I'll not be searching high and low for it.

We assumed that what was happening was censorship, we've been trained to think that way. Perhaps it's been recognized that those kind of pictures bring viruses and hacking scammers? Who knows?

Oh, Lindsay does. Thanks @TheCigarChick for giving us the answer. We appreciate what you do.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

On a lighter note wisconsin is in for another term of exciting adventures with Mr Evers

• Options

@Jrflickster said:
    On a lighter note wisconsin is in for another term of exciting adventures with Mr Evers

You have my sympathy.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

Massachusetts is in just as bad of a situation as we were two days ago. I don't think a single republican beat out a (D)Bag in any race.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.