Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TheCigarChick said:

@peter4jc said:
    Thanks, Lindsay, for this insight and for your willingness to help our forum family. Anyone with half a brain can see that in today's world Ccom's actions were inevitable and understandable... maybe not appreciated, but understood.

I remember smoking with you and a couple of others in Hangouts a while back. Maybe before it gets too cold there in PA, you can join our Zoom call - the vHerf thingie - it'd be great to see you again.

Count me in @peter4jc - I miss the vHerf! I was thinking about those over the weekend, so we'll have to agree on a time and enjoy a cigar online.

The regulars are on basically every night starting around 8-8:30 EST

• Options
    TheCigarChickTheCigarChick Moderator Posts: 296 admin

@Rdp77 - Unless it's unseasonably warm, that might be difficult here in PA since the sun sets before 5pm now. I also might look like I'm in Witness Protection bundled up in the dark, :D .

• Options

@TheCigarChick in that case you’ll fit right in lol

• Options
    TheCigarChickTheCigarChick Moderator Posts: 296 admin

@Rdp77 said:
    @TheCigarChick in that case you’ll fit right in lol

Hahahaha, duly noted!

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

Be ready, @TheCigarChick, you might have to endure my bland and uninteresting company.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

You go out for coffee? Shame shame I know your name

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could be worse, I was eating lunch in LA and the restaurant was promoting the Church of Scientology. I just happened to be working on a radio at their headquarters nearby.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:

Promoting witch craft at my favorite coffee spot! Not today Devil! I'm not going back there!!!

I love how this magazine has an article about understanding viruses

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭✭✭

@EgoBoundary said:

@Vision said:

Promoting witch craft at my favorite coffee spot! Not today Devil! I'm not going back there!!!

I love how this magazine has an article about understanding viruses

This magazine is definitely not up Ian's alley. It was pet, mediums, séances, and potions/spells. Definitely not a book of God.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

What? No baby recipes? How to lure children into your oven?

I guess that's for advanced practitioners only.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:
    Last weekend, Barack Obama invited five rap stars to the White House to help with his "Brother's Keeper" initiative, to encourage young black men to avoid incarceration for undocumented acts of wealth redistribution.
    The president had barely finished speaking when rapper Rick Ross's court-ordered ankle bracelet went off. Yes, a man selected by Mr. Obama to serve as an exemplary racial role model has to wear an ankle bracelet until his trial for aggravated assault and battery, pistol-whipping, and kidnapping (second arrest this month, by the way). Tragically, Ross is not also facing charges for rapping in public.
    Call me old fashioned (liberals will surely call me a cross-burning racist) but I have to think the best way to discourage misogynistic, criminally anti-social behavior among black youths may not be honoring rappers who make their millions celebrating misogynistic, criminally anti-social behavior.

Ben Carson, by odd contrast, was not invited.

I would like to discuss this further

Don't look ↑
  • Options

🤔

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,423 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

@webmost said:
    >

It's a TRAP!!!

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,234 ✭✭✭✭✭

as if I needed another reason to never want to go on a cruise ship:

https://www.businessinsider.com/majestic-cruise-ship-800-covid-positive-cases-docks-in-sydney-2022-11

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, jeez. 800 more people carted off to the covid concentration camps.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/11/12/uae-meddled-us-politics-intel-report/

One of the more brazen exploits involved the hiring of three former U.S. intelligence and military officials to help the UAE surveil dissidents, politicians, journalists and U.S. companies. In public legal filings, U.S. prosecutors said the men helped the UAE break into computers in the United States and other countries. Last year, all three admitted in court to providing sophisticated hacking technology to the UAE, agreeing to surrender their security clearances and pay about $1.7 million to resolve criminal charges. The Justice Department touted the settlement as a “first-of-its-kind resolution.”

It did not involve prison time, however, and critics viewed the financial penalty as paltry given the substantial payments received by the former U.S. officials for their work, raising concerns it did little to dissuade similar future behavior.

• Options

@VegasFrank said:

@webmost said:
    Last weekend, Barack Obama invited five rap stars to the White House to help with his "Brother's Keeper" initiative, to encourage young black men to avoid incarceration for undocumented acts of wealth redistribution.
    The president had barely finished speaking when rapper Rick Ross's court-ordered ankle bracelet went off. Yes, a man selected by Mr. Obama to serve as an exemplary racial role model has to wear an ankle bracelet until his trial for aggravated assault and battery, pistol-whipping, and kidnapping (second arrest this month, by the way). Tragically, Ross is not also facing charges for rapping in public.
    Call me old fashioned (liberals will surely call me a cross-burning racist) but I have to think the best way to discourage misogynistic, criminally anti-social behavior among black youths may not be honoring rappers who make their millions celebrating misogynistic, criminally anti-social behavior.

Ben Carson, by odd contrast, was not invited.

Go for it!

We're all ears.

Who knows? Someone else may join in!

Or, not.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

The future looks grim

https://youtu.be/4McPHBQ9pNw

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

^ Ever see the movie Toys with Robin Williams? Those kids were playing games designed to train them for this sort of warfare.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options

This isn’t the future…drones have had military applications in several countries for awhile now.

• Options
  • Options
    edited November 2022

Only in California, or communist China, or North Korea...the end is near

No one in a country that values freedom would ever even consider that.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

You know the first time one of them goes haywire, they are gonna blame Trump... Didnt they learn anything from The Terminator.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.