Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well if a bot recommended it, I guess I'll give it a try.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another self-driving car accident in SF last night when a Cruise robotaxi fails to yield to a fire truck because it had a green light at the intersection.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    Another self-driving car accident in SF last night when a Cruise robotaxi fails to yield to a fire truck because it had a green light at the intersection.

I saw a news article where a Cruise autonomous car drove into some wet concrete and got stuck.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

Putin doesn't mess around:

At least 10 people died in the crash of a Wagner-linked private plane outside Moscow, according to Russia’s emergency services. Prighozin, who led a failed mutiny in June, was on the plane’s manifest, according to state-run outlet RIA, citing the country’s aviation authority

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

The MAXIMUM of five days made me chuckle…the three days is just hilarious

• Options

At least tighten up the law so mentally disabled people can't get guns, is that too much to ask?

Jacksonville, Fla., is again confronting its long history of racism after a white gunman killed three Black people in a Dollar General store.

The gunman was held by the authorities in 2017 for a psychiatric evaluation. He bought the guns he used in the shooting this year, legally.

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023

It's already part of the law. Just needs to be enforced.

Form 4473, which is filled out for the background check to qualify to purchase a firearm, includes a mental health question (21). The question applies to someone who has been declared mentally “defective” by a court or some other authority or was involuntarily committed to a mental hospital. When completing this form, question 21h asks about mental health prohibitors.

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

From my understanding in this case he was not held by authorities…but admitted himself into a facility. If authorities had interacted or if it had been court ordered then he could have been flagged.

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,228 ✭✭✭✭✭

Makes sense...I was solely going on what Edward posted. I have not studied the incident myself.

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm also wondering if the journalist who wrote it was right/wrong/biased in bringing race into it, and whether this perpetrator's mental disorder was the root problem.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

Peter,
    The police press conference made it clear that it was a targeted attack on black people, that the shooter issued a manifesto, sent to the police, the press, and his mother that he intended to kill some blacks because he hated them and that he would then kill himself. Don't go wondering if the press biased his actions for some agenda.

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

Wasn't he in UP?

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

20000+ gun laws already but they must not be reasonably, just need a few more.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dirtdude said:

Fvucking Calvin.

I can't resist stirring the pot sometimes.

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

And you've earned every opportunity to do that...just don't push your luck young man. I thought your post was sadly accurate and what the 2nd amendment was created for.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I worked in the Congo a few years ago my partner was Tanzanian. He asked me why do you Americans love your guns so much. I told him Frank, the guns keep the government honest, A light turned on for him, they can't get guns/ammo in Tanzania. I'm not sure that is true in America today. I just had a horrible boating accident.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023

@silvermouse said:
    Peter,
    The police press conference made it clear that it was a targeted attack on black people, that the shooter issued a manifesto, sent to the police, the press, and his mother that he intended to kill some blacks because he hated them and that he would then kill himself. Don't go wondering if the press biased his actions for some agenda.

I agree with this statement. But let's not think the press is our friend. When there was a transgender shooter in Nashville it was not nearly as big of a story on mainstream news. Same thing with any shooters other than white males. Same thing in states with the most gun laws. The press is biased as hell.

Edit: some news outlets actually counted the trans shooter as one of the victims in Nashville. They mourned the 13 victims instead of 12. (or whatever the number was, I forget)

• Options

Proof of MSM's anti-gun bias...... how many defensive gun uses do you hear about in the news? They could run two every day and only scratch the surface of DGUs. When you're pushing a narrative, only present one side.

• Options

In a 2018 study, more than 40% of millennials said they prioritized “Instagrambility” and the picture-worthiness of a particular destination when they chose their next holiday.

And five years later, it appears that holidaymakers are willing to pay for professional photographers to travel with them and shoot their vacations

• Options

Women’s programming code rated better than men, but only when their gender is unknown

https://www.zmescience.com/research/technology/womens-programming-code-rated-better/